It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Donald J. Trump is Ordering Construction of THE WALL -Another Promise Kept!.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Anyone got any idea what this wall would be constructed from...Bricks..? Concrete..? Aluminium sheeting..?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
The wall is the stupidest thing ever. We will spend $25 billion dollars building something that the Mexicans are just going to dig tunnels under. GTFO!

Not only that, this wall will be around long after Comrade Trump is gone and it will go down in history books as a black mark in US history when Americans lost their minds and allowed a misled crowd of right wing misfits run the country.

Take it from me, it will be 2200 billion and 7000yrs to build.

Anyone get it yet?

edit on 1 26 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Anyone got any idea what this wall would be constructed from...Bricks..? Concrete..? Aluminium sheeting..?

100% American made imagination.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

If it actually goes ahead, and is built to last... probably Ferrocrete, with some sort of moisture blocking coating. I mean, if you are going to build a wall, you do not want it to be as feeble as the one in Berlin was, right?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Soloprotocol

If it actually goes ahead, and is built to last... probably Ferrocrete, with some sort of moisture blocking coating. I mean, if you are going to build a wall, you do not want it to be as feeble as the one in Berlin was, right?

You man the damn thing.

Remember that?

Ax or .50 cal you be there to repel the enemy.

besides, plasteel is the best.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
I think you may have replied to the wrong Thread? Or I don't see how that relates to what I said?

This is the part I was addressing, I probably should have trimmed the quote.

i dont agree with building the wall because it doesnt go after the real issue nor the right people. which are the american companies giving illegals incentives to come here for jobs.

The jobs illegals are taking are very low level jobs, my argument is that even if we can get the illegals out of these jobs the people who fill them still have another looming issue which is that those jobs are minimum wage at best.

The jobs that have gone to illegals are not jobs of the quality that people lost and want to regain.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I do apologise...

I am finding it hard to connect what you said, to what I said. Would you mind rephrasing that just a tad?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

It will just be an extension of this "wall" in California. Looks like sheet metal.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It will just be an extension of this "wall" in California. Looks like sheet metal.

Easily re enforced sheet metal by pouring concrete....or using new metamaterials that are stronger than steel. My personal fav of materials is Globalist tears.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well, I don't think a wall will really stop the majority of illegals coming into the US. I think the addition of more Border Patrol and ICE agents will probably be more effective.

There are so many method used to get illegals into the country, nothing will ever stop them all, especially if Mexico won't help resolve the problem. But hey, a wall may stop some at least. Plus, I am sure it won't just be a wall by itself...there may be sensors and other things that monitor.

But I do think illegals so easily coming into the US and being allowed to benefit in so many ways from breaking the law is unacceptable. As a citizen I don't get all kinds of benefits when I break the law, so people who aren't citizens shouldn't either. I think, as a majority, the Dreamers tried to play by the rules when offered and will hopefully not be punished.

There should be paths to citizenship for the people who have been in the country for a long time or with kids who are citizens, providing they have otherwise lived lawfully. No room in this country for illegals who continue to live by breaking more laws then they already have by entering illegally.

and honestly, if Mexico isn't helping to solve the problem then they are part of the problem and don't deserve to benefit either.

But then, I am honestly for stopping all mass immigration into this country...I think we need to get our own house in order first, before we start to reach out again...we can't do any other country any good if we fall apart at the seams.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
The jobs that have gone to illegals are not jobs of the quality that people lost and want to regain.

Not in all cases. There are construction/landscaping/etc firms that are being pushed out of business because they are being undercut. The public are choosing the cheaper option.

However... I don't exactly have an issue with this aspect. If someone can do it cheaper, it's for the competition to either sell the quality of their work (to justify the higher price) or look at ways to provide work at the same price. Perhaps the market is saying that people are happy to accept lower quality. The market should be free for a reason.

The issue I DO have, is this: the playing field is not level. The legit firms have to meet all sorts of additional expenses in order to remain legit, which inflates the minimum price they can charge and still stay in business. Non-legit firms (which includes firms paying illegals under the table) have an unfair advantage. That for me is the bigger problem.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

He is prosecuting Hillary?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
For 12-15 billion....it won't stop tunnels or people overstating visas, good on him for trying to keep his word but it won't help that much, and it'll hurt migeration patterns on animals. I just think there's better ways....and how will he force Mexico to pay really? Tax payers will be stuck with the bill....Mexico won't pay for it they don't care about a wall....I hope congress doesn't approve, good intentions bad idea.

edit on 26-1-2017 by Shiloh99 because: Forgot to add a last thought

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
They can put all that money they tax me for Obamacare and throw it right at the wall.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Now Mexico's President cancelled a meeting with Trump because Trump said if you don't want to pay for the wall don't come.

Then the peso started falling.

Why should American's pay for it? How many Americans cross the border illegally into Mexico? Illegal border entry is their problem, not America's

And what kind of people are we getting. People who don't care or respect the US or they wouldn't be crossing the border illegally. Mexico wants to ship us their knuckle dragging Neanderthals, then they should pay for clean up.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh99
I hope congress doesn't approve, good intentions bad idea.

Congress already approved. The Democrats introduced the Bill to build the wall a decade ago, and overwhelmingly voted in favor of it.

Trump is just the first person to take the job seriously.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

A wall will totally keep all the immigrants out. There is no way they would ever think about going under the wall, flying over, or heading to the coast and sailing to either California or Florida. No way, they just wouldn't ever think about doing that. The best idea is to build a wall, using billions of tax payers money, and spending millions of dollars for the upkeep every year. That's a great idea! No problems at all! Who cares about education or helping to eradicate homelessness when you can build a big, useless wall!!! Yay!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Artorias
a reply to: carewemust

A wall will totally keep all the immigrants out. There is no way they would ever think about going under the wall, flying over, or heading to the coast and sailing to either California or Florida. No way, they just wouldn't ever think about doing that. The best idea is to build a wall, using billions of tax payers money, and spending millions of dollars for the upkeep every year. That's a great idea! No problems at all! Who cares about education or helping to eradicate homelessness when you can build a big, useless wall!!! Yay!!!!!!!

Already been talked about and the soltions presented to those issues.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Republicans worry about wasting money contributing to healthcare, education and arts but they are all ready to spend money on a stupid wall that wont stop the wrong people from getting in. idiotic.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I like sheet metal because you can fry critters who are in contact with it.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join