It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry it's science. But it might be important.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
In quantum physics there is this very important series of experiments where electrons which are a sub atomic particle only behave as particles when they are being observed by our technology. When not observed they behaved as a wave. Meaning not physical. No mass.

Electrons have no brain. There is no possibility that electrons can respond to anything. That is my opinion.

So there must be something else participating in this process.

It's a big mystery. Anybody who says they are sure what's going on is probably not telling the truth.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Energy efficiency, electrons requires energy to move.

AW MAAAJ GAWD! DO i get the Monkey Noble Award!?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

This is what get gets me:

When not observed they behaved as a wave. Meaning not physical. No mass.

How do we know this if we are not observing.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
In quantum physics there is this very important series of experiments where electrons which are a sub atomic particle only behave as particles when they are being observed by our technology. When not observed they behaved as a wave. Meaning not physical. No mass.

Electrons have no brain. There is no possibility that electrons can respond to anything. That is my opinion.

It's a big mystery. Anybody who says they are sure what's going on is probably not telling the truth.

But your sure they have no brain?
edit on 24-1-2017 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Because there is a special screen behind the 2 slit screen that records hits by the electrons.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

That somehow doesn't count as observation.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

You are the electron. Beyond that It has to do with mass consciousness and belief. We all are one, therefore we all agree that the electron exists, the same way we agree that everything else we experience is real.

Therefore, everything is in this ultimate unity where everything is connected. Some things more directly than others but connected nonetheless. We expect the (actually I think they used photons) to behave in a certain manner that was in sync with our experience, so they do. When they are not observed, they behave differently, like a fluid state of existence... A wave!!

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I don't think it's all that unusual. Things exhibit different properties when they are at rest than when they are at motion. A spinning top exhibits gyroscopic inertia, at rest it lays on it's side. A photon has no rest mass, but in motion a photon is affected by gravity just like it has mass. I sound better at the karaoke bar than I do in a moving car.

Interesting topic for discussion, though. Much better than all the politics. Star and flag.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Is everything an illusory simulation? Was the world created by a non-physical force that we can communicate with and possibly influence with our minds, thereby participating in the creation of our own reality? These are the grandiose existential questions central to this documentary, which introduces viewers to the concept of the Simulation Hypothesis.

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Here's my point.
Maybe electrons only behave as particles because we live in an incredibly sophisticated digital simulation.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

If I ever find out who is altering reality to make this bald spot on my head grow ...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
There has been a lot of reality altering for some people. Me included.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I like that this stuff is altmost 100 years old and we still not sure what happens.

Basically when you have an event with possible outcomes, all outcomes are real and exist at the same time, but when you observe the event, one of the outcomes is selected at random by the observation and this result is the only one that occurs (wave collapse).

That's one interpretation, the other is that when something is observed all possible outcomes still occur but there is a split of the the timeline, each possible outcome happens on a Diferent dimension (many worlds).

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I believe there are more to things than we can even begin to comprehend. A person's will or desire can effect the results of a project, independent of physical things being done. You can make something succeed or fail just by your belief, our beliefs can make things happen. On top of that, this planet has a collective consciousness and possibly the Universe has one too.

That is my belief about all of this from observations I have made and knowledge I have collected. Science cannot explain a lot but makes us believe they can. Our beliefs form the reality we live in.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Perhaps the source of consciousness is not the brain. Maybe the brain is just the hardware and consciousness is just the software and the software gets down loaded when your born and uploaded when you die.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Hi!

Check out the pilot-wave model.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Here's a short video that explains it a bit.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

When not observed they behaved as a wave.

No, when not observed, they do not exist, or exist in all possible states.

Enter; Consciousness.

I am not understanding your question.
Are you shrugging your arms and declaring 'mystery', or are you asking for help in gaining some sort of understanding about what you just said?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
I like that this stuff is altmost 100 years old and we still not sure what happens.

Basically when you have an event with possible outcomes, all outcomes are real and exist at the same time, but when you observe the event, one of the outcomes is selected at random by the observation and this result is the only one that occurs (wave collapse).

The only one that is perceived from that Perspective!
That 'wave' collapses into different features of Reality for all unique Perspectives.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join