It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a prayer request for the watchful Christians of ATS.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: irenialilivenka I always took it to mean an angel of " enightenment" not literally " light"... but like I mentioned before I haven't studied extensively and try to keep my Christian faith simple as in following the first two commandments the best I can.. though I have failed many times at that. I am a Christian in constant need of grace and mercy for various reasons... so please be patient with me.. God seems to have been patient so far πŸ˜‰

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye
Good reason for quoting those commandments accurately and honestly, just like this man did when he quoted from the Hebrew Scriptures:

Luke 10:25-28
Now look! a man versed in the Law stood up to test him and said: β€œTeacher, what do I need to do to inherit everlasting life?” 26 He said to him: β€œWhat is written in the Law? How do you read?” 27 In answer he said: β€œβ€˜You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole strength and with your whole mind’ and β€˜your neighbor as yourself.’” 28 He said to him: β€œYou answered correctly; keep doing this and you will get life.”

JW ARCHIVES DIVINE NAME JHWH YHWH JEHOVAH NWT NIV COMPARE.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I can tell you are a decent person, I would recommend you look into Paul, his adversarial stance towards Peter, the fact that he never met Jesus, was a Gestapo like tool of Rome and the priesthood, Herodian connected, self appointed and unacknowledged "apostle" to the goyim.

If I were a Christian I'd I would avoid the words of Paul, interpreted by a pastor or elder and go with Christ.

Also look into Apocrypha about Jesus..

You have good intentions and seem Christ centered and that is great.

edit on 30-1-2017 by irenialilivenka because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2017 by irenialilivenka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I wanted to update my prayer request for those who are active in prayer. Rather than praying for or against leaders, pray over fundamental principles.

1) Pray for believers to start using 1 John 1:9 again. Maybe then, Christendom won't misrepresent God so morbidly before eyes of non-believers (who are always watching us very closely). It won't happen over night, but at the moment, Christians look like hypocrites, and anything related to the Bible is hated on a large part because of our own stupidity and politicized legalism.

2) Pray that Christians will come to a full understanding of the Gospel message, that they might stop distorting and misrepresenting it.

3) Pray for believers, non-believers, and especially governing officials to recognize and respect the authority of the Constitution (in accordance to Romans 13). In our legal system, the government is not to be above the law, and that is what the Bill of Rights emphasizes. So rather than asking for the replacement of governing officials, ask that God will cause them to change their minds.

3) If #1 and #2 cannot be achieved peacefully (as a result of hardened hearts), then ask God to allow the 'Four Horsemen' trends to accelerate the sorting process; Tyranny, War, Economic Disaster, and Death. If that is what God must do for His own namesake, then I would prefer we just get it over with.

4) Ask Him to cause our capacity for patience, love, and happiness to expand as we go through these things.

5) Pray for the maturity and understanding of the Pastors and ministors who are provided to lead the Church through these unstable times.

6) Ask that we may learn from our answered prayers (whether petitions are granted or not), that we might know what to ask for in future prayers. If we pray on principles, and see how the Lord replies, we can learn how and why He does so. "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of kings is to search out a matter."

7) Ask that the adversity we will face in the future may cause believers to come together and function as one unified body again. Not unified in denomination, but in Royal Priestly function (Rev 1:6).
edit on 30-1-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: irenialilivenka

I can tell you are a decent person, I would recommend you look into Paul, his adversarial stance towards Peter, the fact that he never met Jesus, was a Gestapo like tool of Rome and the priesthood, Herodian connected, self appointed and unacknowledged "apostle" to the goyim.

If I were a Christian I'd I would avoid the words of Paul, interpreted by a pastor or elder and go with Christ.

Also look into Apocrypha about Jesus..

You have good intentions and seem Christ centered and that is great.

A friend of mine feels the same way about the teachings of Paul.. and I just try not to argue.😏 Like I said I try to keep my Christian walk simple and free from too much " bible hashing" with other Christians πŸ˜• Thank you for the encouragement and I would humbly ask you to keep me in your prayers. Peace be with you.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
I wanted to update my prayer request for those who are active in prayer. Rather than praying for or against leaders, pray over fundamental principles.

1) Pray for believers to start using 1 John 1:9 again. Maybe then, Christendom won't misrepresent God so morbidly before eyes of non-believers (who are always watching us very closely). It won't happen over night, but at the moment, Christians look like hypocrites, and anything related to the Bible is hated on a large part because of our own stupidity and politicized legalism.

2) Pray that Christians will come to a full understanding of the Gospel message, that they might stop distorting and misrepresenting it.

3) Pray for believers, non-believers, and especially governing officials to recognize and respect the authority of the Constitution (in accordance to Romans 13). In our legal system, the government is not to be above the law, and that is what the Bill of Rights emphasizes. So rather than asking for the replacement of governing officials, ask that God will cause them to change their minds.

3) If #1 and #2 cannot be achieved peacefully (as a result of hardened hearts), then ask God to allow the 'Four Horsemen' trends to accelerate the sorting process; Tyranny, War, Economic Disaster, and Death. If that is what God must do for His own namesake, then I would prefer we just get it over with.

4) Ask Him to cause our capacity for patience, love, and happiness to expand as we go through these things.

5) Pray for the maturity and understanding of the Pastors and ministors who are provided to lead the Church through these unstable times.

6) Ask that we may learn from our answered prayers (whether petitions are granted or not), that we might know what to ask for in future prayers. If we pray on principles, and see how the Lord replies, we can learn how and why He does so. "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of kings is to search out a matter."

7) Ask that the adversity we will face in the future may cause believers to come together and function as one unified body again. Not unified in denomination, but in Royal Priestly function (Rev 1:6).

Those prayer intentions deserved a second post... my prayers are with your intentions. Great prayers and great post πŸ‘πŸΌ

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

a reply to: irenialilivenka

Christians are commanded to love each other and their enemies, but its not easy, especially when Christians attack each other. So, all we can to is try and try again.

The world system is the true enemy. We aren't supposed to resent the people involved in it, because they are often trapped and don't even realize it, much like the matrix.

That is why we are told to love our enemies, because they don't always realize what they are doing. I think that is an attitude that everyone should have. Not just Christians. Its just objectivity.

Beautifully put... and it is difficult to love your enemies.. but loving others doesn't mean you give them the right to spread mistruths and confusion among your loved ones and people of faith. The best form of love can often be objection to certain actions. Just ask any parent 😏 Thank you for a great post πŸ‘πŸΌ
well I'm glad you brought that up. Especially right after you condemned me for objecting to others certain actions. My love for humanity and all those here on this forum includes me objecting to them wasting time praying for Petty wishes from an imaginary God that the majority of people do not want.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Christians are commanded to love each other and their enemies, but its not easy, especially when Christians attack each other. So, all we can to is try and try again.

The world system is the true enemy. We aren't supposed to resent the people involved in it, because they are often trapped and don't even realize it, much like the matrix.

That is why we are told to love our enemies, because they don't always realize what they are doing. I think that is an attitude that everyone should have. Not just Christians. Its just objectivity.

Beautifully put... and it is difficult to love your enemies.. but loving others doesn't mean you give them the right to spread mistruths and confusion among your loved ones and people of faith. The best form of love can often be objection to certain actions. Just ask any parent 😏 Thank you for a great post πŸ‘πŸΌ
well I'm glad you brought that up. Especially right after you condemned me for objecting to others certain actions. My love for humanity and all those here on this forum includes me objecting to them wasting time praying for Petty wishes from an imaginary God that the majority of people do not want.

You have a right to your opinion and I have a right to mine. Lets agree to disagree because I don't think God is imaginary and I don't think praying is a useless endeavour. Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

You have a right to your opinion and I have a right to mine. Lets agree to disagree because I don't think God is imaginary and I don't think praying is a useless endeavour. Peace
could you explain in detail what you think prayer is useful for? Can you explain exactly how prayer works? you say you believe in prayer and that it does work. So you must have some idea of how it works, correct?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

could you explain in detail what you think prayer is useful for? Can you explain exactly how prayer works? you say you believe in prayer and that it does work. So you must have some idea of how it works, correct?

This thread is not about explaining how prayer works 😏

How about I pm you with how prayer has personally helped me and how I think it works ?

Didn't think so.. but I will if you say yesπŸ˜‰

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

This thread is not about explaining how prayer works 😏

How about I pm you with how prayer has personally helped me and how I think it works ?

Didn't think so.. but I will if you say yesπŸ˜‰
This is a thread about prayer. I don't see how it would be off topic. I would think you would like to let the world know how god helps you through your day. How about i start another thread and you can tell your story there?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Sure.. I can explain how I think prayer works but because of protecting my privacy on a board this size I won't get into all
the personal ways prayer has helped me and those I love. I can tell you this for a fact.. prayer has saved my life more than once πŸ™‚

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

This is the same god that Bush invoked when invading the middle east I think? Didn't work out too well for the people of Iraq Libya Syria and the Coalition soldiers of western nations returned in body bags.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

This is the same god that Bush invoked when invading the middle east I think? Didn't work out too well for the people of Iraq Libya Syria and the Coalition soldiers of western nations returned in body bags.

Lots of folks " invoke " the name of God as an excuse for murder on grand scale.

The true living God must think this as an abomination to Him.

He is being very very patient with humanity in my estimation.. but His time for having the last words is coming I believe.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

So if you don't get Marijuana Federally legalized unleash the dogs of War! Never mind about the billions to be sacrificed.
The Archon/Demiurge unfortunately want's more loosh to feed off.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

So you're ok with this?

3) If #1 and #2 cannot be achieved peacefully (as a result of hardened hearts), then ask God to allow the 'Four Horsemen' trends to accelerate the sorting process; Tyranny, War, Economic Disaster, and Death. If that is what God must do for His own namesake, then I would prefer we just get it over with

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

But they invoked the same name. So is god a murderer..don't answer that, the Old Testament tells me the answer.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

But they invoked the same name. So is god a murderer..don't answer that, the Old Testament tells me the answer.

God is a righteous just God as well as merciful ... but many don't or have not sought His mercy and changed their ways.

God's wisdom is also infinitely greater than man's... and though we may not understand His ways or why He allows things that are NOT of His will .. I choose to believe that God has reasons that someday we will understand.

edit on 4-2-2017 by Sheye because: Because i like writing in small print

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Are you so narrow minded to think this is about marijuana? This is about preserving out liberties, states rights, the right to hold unpopular views and practices that others deem to be taboo.

Marijuana has already been associated with criminality by the govt, churches, schools, legal system, and media. Its an easy target, and anti-marijuana legislation opens the window for more rights to be infringed.

Is it because of my faith that you ridicule me for praying over my rights as well as yours?
edit on 4-2-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: tyop

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

God's wisdom is also infinitely greater than man's... and though we may not understand His ways or why He allows things that are NOT of His will .. I choose to believe that God has reasons that someday we will understand.

Well the evidence stands that we have had afew thousand years to see his ways...the fruits of his actions are death and destruction and favoured nation status to Israel - What's there to understand? Read the Old Testament.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join