It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a prayer request for the watchful Christians of ATS.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

There is brotherly love and there is impersonal love. Our Lord commanded that we have both. Love for brother and love for enemy, as you stated.

God puts men in power, but He also answers prayers when they align with His plan, so there is no wrong in asking. The worse that can happen is that He says no.

1John1:9 is addressed to believers only, and it is to be used personally between the believer and God only. A believer who does not use 1John1:9 consistently is apostate. Since this thread is addressed to the Christians on ATS, I included it.

I'm not quite sure what you're disagreeing with here.

edit on 25-1-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I don't see a whole lot of Christians loving their enemies in the world. They say it all the time but when everyone outside your religion is to be considered an enemy that is not love, it's intolerance. Which is what Paul's epistles declare even going against the Jerusalem gang of the three Zaddiks James, Peter and John, who were "supposed pillars", which is in Hebrew thought a Zaddik or in (Latin or Greek) Justus (Just One).

I hardly ever see a Christian who loves there enemies, many create enemies of people they don't know and slander religious beliefs that are slightly different than theirs. Some deny Jews and Arabs have the same God, obviously they are unfamiliar with the Tanakh and Quran, essentially a commentary and fulfillment of the Bible. Monotheism was a success in Asia under Mohammed for people who didn't want to bow to Rome.

Sound familiar? The Roman Empire fell about this time, not because of Islam but Christianity or Catholicism. Within 2 centuries of Constantine, maybe 3,. Rome was finished.

Arabia and Persia were or soon would flourish. Science was studied, civilization advanced, while Europe was falling on dark times.

Prophecy fulfilled. Fallen was Babylon.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Rex282
a reply to: Woodcarver

Unfortunately it is impossible to educate the ignorant because their false beliefs can only be denied by speaking and enacting the truth.The religious believer will continue to pray to their God that doesn't exist and believe they can change their God's mind with their petition completely oblivious to the fact that if there is a God they do not need or take requests. All prayer to a true God would be 100% listening and then doing however the religious cannot perceive this simple truth and worship the God they have created in their own image.
Gotta luv when the athiest types tell you what true prayer is 🙄... especially to a God they think doesn't exist.
I guarantee if i had you all in one room you would be argueing with eachother about the nuances of each of your individual gods. It's already going on in this thread.
edit on 26-1-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: irenialilivenka

Christians are commanded to love each other and their enemies, but its not easy, especially when Christians attack each other. So, all we can to is try and try again.

The world system is the true enemy. We aren't supposed to resent the people involved in it, because they are often trapped and don't even realize it, much like the matrix.

That is why we are told to love our enemies, because they don't always realize what they are doing. I think that is an attitude that everyone should have. Not just Christians. Its just objectivity.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Rex282
a reply to: Woodcarver

Unfortunately it is impossible to educate the ignorant because their false beliefs can only be denied by speaking and enacting the truth.The religious believer will continue to pray to their God that doesn't exist and believe they can change their God's mind with their petition completely oblivious to the fact that if there is a God they do not need or take requests. All prayer to a true God would be 100% listening and then doing however the religious cannot perceive this simple truth and worship the God they have created in their own image.
Gotta luv when the athiest types tell you what true prayer is 🙄... especially to a God they think doesn't exist.
I guarantee if i had you all in one room you would be argueing with eachother about the nuances of each of your individual gods. It's already going on in this thread.
I agree and said as much in another thread.. but it still doesn't give someone who does not have the same belief system at all than me, the right to tell me how I should be praying to my God . Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Christians are commanded to love each other and their enemies, but its not easy, especially when Christians attack each other. So, all we can to is try and try again.

The world system is the true enemy. We aren't supposed to resent the people involved in it, because they are often trapped and don't even realize it, much like the matrix.

That is why we are told to love our enemies, because they don't always realize what they are doing. I think that is an attitude that everyone should have. Not just Christians. Its just objectivity.

Beautifully put... and it is difficult to love your enemies.. but loving others doesn't mean you give them the right to spread mistruths and confusion among your loved ones and people of faith. The best form of love can often be objection to certain actions. Just ask any parent 😏 Thank you for a great post 👍🏼

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Never mind
edit on 26-1-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Christians are commanded to love each other and their enemies, but its not easy,

That is the reason why you do it, not because it's easy to do and everyone does, but because it's extraordinary.

Preaching to do something you don't do or not doing what Jesus said to do is not excused in the event it is too difficult. It is the duty of the disciples to count the cost of following Jesus and determine if they can follow his instructions. It was never said to be an easy Way of life, so that is never an excuse.

If you decide to follow Christ and are nothing like him you are a Christian and not a disciple of the Christ.

especially when Christians attack each other. So, all we can to is try and try again.

There is always learning from the mistakes of the past and practicing what you preach. Then you wouldn't be attacking each other in the first place.

World system is such a vague term it means nothing and everything is the enemy.

Man is the enemy of man. The enemy is poor and rich, powerful and peasant alike are the enemy. All enemies are true enemies and there are many, none is the one true enemy.

Plus the world system does work for the good of society a lot. The enemy of Christianity or Satan who you believe is the god of the world is incapable of doing anything counter to his status as the evil one, like casting out demons or giving people food and medicine so they don't die, or his kingdom would be divided as Satan can't cast out Satan and have it stand.

The world system is not perfect but it is not the enemy of the world.

It is the world.

Most people don't love their enemies.

Most Christians don't love all Christians. Competition is a fact of life between churches who love when another church has a scandal and preach fear which leads to hate of Jews, Muslims and anyone who doesn't think Jesus is the God of the Universe.

They didn't get this way by emulating Christ.

Maybe Paul though.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Simply put, Satan can't do anything that is good, and calling anything that does good (always the work of the Spirit, always) the work of the enemy or the enemy, ha Satan, is blasphemy.

You can not deny the good aspects of the world system, set up by God, and focus on the bad to make it the enemy.

Because it is God's system, like it or not.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I'm not making excuses for Christians failing to love. I'm stating the reality that no one is perfect. Some Christians have hardened their hearts, others have not, regardless, everyone fails from time to time.

You have your views on the world, I have mine. I made this thread, because I happen to believe that freedom should be protected and made available to everyone, especially when it is written into our national law. Respecting the personal liberties of other people is a fundamental principle of love.

I'm not sure if your reply was a criticism of me and/or of Christianity as a whole, or if you were just making observations, but I myself am doing my best to make the decisions that I believe are right. I know my best is not sufficient to change much of anything. I believe only God can cause change based on our individual and collective volition.

edit on 27-1-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Good deeds can be motivated by arrogance, which is evil. The knowledge of good and evil is what we use to feed our arrogance. That is the impetus of the world. Don't let the sweetness of refined sugar fool into thinking its good for you.

That which is called good is not always done out of love.

Remember that, TerriblePhoenix.

edit on 27-1-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: irenialilivenka

Simply put, Satan can't do anything that is good, and calling anything that does good (always the work of the Spirit, always) the work of the enemy or the enemy, ha Satan, is blasphemy.

You can not deny the good aspects of the world system, set up by God, and focus on the bad to make it the enemy.

Because it is God's system, like it or not.
The bible tells us Satan comes as an angel of light... so some seemingly good things can come from " evil" sources or manipulations. As far as the good aspects of the world system set up by God...I think there are some.. but it was Satan who offered Christ all the dominions of earth in his temptation in the desert.. and in my opinion it is still satan who runs the majority of this earth. Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I wasn't disagreeing. Just clarifying.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Sorry I misunderstood.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Paul says that Satan appears as an angel of light while arguing his superior status to the apostles, slandering them by saying that they masquerade as apostles of Christ so "No wonder,even Satan..."

Paul is an idiot and is contradicting Christ who said it is impossible for Satan to ever do anything good, such as looking like an angel of light, whatever that is.

You miss much when you quote random passages to back up faulty logic.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

And as far as the Temptation of Christ...

Satan never owned the world, could not give away what is not his, and radically departs from the Jewish notion of the Satan in Christian theology, though plays little role in the actual events of the NT, other than metaphorically.

Nobody was there except Christ and Satan so it is a myth. No eyewitnesses wrote Gospels, they are all anonymous and heavily modified for Roman consumption.

Let me see the "lost" so called "Gospel of the Hebrews" that Jewish, non Pauline Christians used.

Until then I go by the Gospels of Thomas and of Barnabas. Because some scholars have suggested that it may be based off of the G. of the Hebrews (Nazarenes and Ebionites). And Thomas is just parables and I like parables.

And it is just better. More reasonable. I couldn't care less when or by who it was written, although it is claimed that the Persians or Turks have an ancient copy and the RCC IS dying to look at it. I don't know if it will happen because no matter what they will say it is fake because they know all Gospels are. It also has been compared to the Maccabbees but I am not sure if that is true, I have read the first half only but it is incredible.

I like Jesus the Rabbi, not the human sacrifice turned God jr.

The not crucified Messiah who doesn't boast about being the Messiah.
edit on 29-1-2017 by irenialilivenka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

You should hear the ridiculous beliefs of the Christian Zionists, who are more numerous than Jewish Zionists and give Israel billions of dollars to settle in Palestinian territory because they believe getting rid of the Muslims and Palestinian state will usher in Armageddon which will end with the Jews finally accepting Jesus.

After 2/3 are killed, that is.

But, hey, they got money and want to destroy Palestine.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Until the mutual enemy is destroyed and they turn on each other.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Paul says that Satan appears as an angel of light while arguing his superior status to the apostles, slandering them by saying that they masquerade as apostles of Christ so "No wonder,even Satan..."

Paul is an idiot and is contradicting Christ who said it is impossible for Satan to ever do anything good, such as looking like an angel of light, whatever that is.

My intention is not to mislead or misinform... my apologies if my statements don't add up to what you see as true facts. I'm not a theologian or a biblical expert, just an ordinary Christian trying to do the best I can despite my failures 😕

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: irenialilivenka lets agree to disagree on some things and get back to what the OP is about... a call for prayer.. by BELIEVERpriest.. for special intentions.

edit on 29-1-2017 by Sheye because: I needed to correct someones name

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

My intention is not to mislead or misinform... my apologies if my statements don't add up to what you see as true facts. I'm not a theologian or a biblical expert, just an ordinary Christian trying to do the best I can despite my failures 😕

It's cool.

I should have been less harsh.

But that verse, I hate it. It contradicts Jesus and denounces the 12 apostles and you are right, and I am not a professional theologian either, though I would never trust one myself as they are told what to think and teach.

They are not going to tell you that Paul was talking about the apostles, it ruins their scam, it is still one of the most common quotes though.

And a lie. Satan doesn't appear... at all, never mind as an angel of light. Who said there were light angels anyway, what is one?

Seraphim, Ophanim, Cherubim, Grigori, I know many classes of angel and none are light angels. In all of Jewish history no such idea exists. The closest is the fiery serpents, the Seraphim.

Either way Satan can not do a good act at all, not even to fool people as in Satan casting out demons, so how is that supposed to work?

Was Jesus wrong?

Don't blame yourself though. Dig in and learn, a wise person is preferable to a prophet, so goes Jewish thought today. Reading is the key to learning, go right to the source and find a trustworthy scholar, Robert Eisenman is really good, he tells the truth and wrote a 1000 plus page book on James the brother of Jesus with scraps of history that is outstanding but he has good free academic pdfs too.
edit on 29-1-2017 by irenialilivenka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join