It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a prayer request for the watchful Christians of ATS.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

Had to star your post because it made me chuckle ... but maybe just maybe God does know who the best man for the job is...whether He will control the free will of men to get him there?.. most likely not. Humble prayer can change hearts through Divine grace, and give wisdom when needed.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: GreyScale

So the Tenth Amendment isn't law? If states choose to legalize marijuana shouldn't the Attorney General have to respect that?

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

I'm asking for Christians to pray for stability via respect for the law on the Federal Government's part. Its just a prayer request. I've said a million stupid things that are worthy of ridicule in my time on ATS, but for a prayer request over a divided nation....

Its not about letting people to "continue to break the law". I have friends and family who are terminally ill. The expensive Rx drugs that they are prescribed are slowly killing them. Doesn't that matter?

I understand the 10th Amendment.

I also understand that we as citizens of a State in the United States lost that right in the Civil War. Keep up..

So what Christians need to do is get together and petition the federal government to change a law. Enough political pressure will change it. That it hasn't been changed yet isn't some magical conspiracy theory... it's just that the will isn't there.

My wife cured her cancer without prescription drugs. My mother died of cancer taking them. So maybe instead of having friends and family members that are stupid enough to take prescriptions, instead invite them to use an internet connection and their brain and fix themselves. The knowledge is all out there. Legally.

Survival of the fittest, my friend.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

How likely are Christians to unite and petition their government, if we won't even unit to petition our own God. Sadly, to many evangelicals, the Trump administration has replaced God.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Then of course its obvious how much you love and love to quote Paul, understanding it within your gnostic interpretation

Straight from the bible brother... Unless of course you consider the bible to be gnostic

You just use that as a buzz word, but i've told you before... don't use words you don't understand

edit on 25-1-2017 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest
What a beautiful post. I will say tomorrow's rosary for this intention. Thank you for writing this.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

You stop with the crazy fundie stuff and poor bible interpretation and I will figure out what you really are, not what you portray yourself as

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I agree this is very important.It should not matter if someone is a Christian.The most effective right thing to “do” is petition the government. There are many ways to do that.To not take action is to not pray.What matters is to act upon truth not belief.Belief can be in anything however it is not true it is meaningless.

edit on 25-1-2017 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Akragon

You stop with the crazy fundie stuff and poor bible interpretation and I will figure out what you really are, not what you portray yourself as

hows this thread about me again?

fundy stuff?

edit on 25-1-2017 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282
I agree this is very important.It should not matter if someone is a Christian.The most effective right thing to “do” is petition the government. There are many ways to do that.To not take action is to not pray.What matters is to act upon truth not belief.Belief can be in anything however it is not true it is meaningless.
or we could not educate them and just let them keep praying their illnesses away. Wink wink.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
His will be done, on earth

As it is in Heaven

Deliver us from evil

Let us see truth

If God is unchanging, lives outside of time and always His will is done, prayer is a method of thanking not requesting things go differently than God wants, which is what is.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Raggedyman

Then of course its obvious how much you love and love to quote Paul, understanding it within your gnostic interpretation

Straight from the bible brother... Unless of course you consider the bible to be gnostic

You just use that as a buzz word, but i've told you before... don't use words you don't understand

Every religion is Gnostic if it says "We KNOW who God is, what He wants and how to get to Heaven."

"One who knows (intuitively) " is all the adjective gnostic means. Paul is a wannabe gnostic. There is a book called the Gnostic Paul that details it, although I don't think he was important much to the Gnostics who wrote the Egyptian scriptures.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: irenialilivenka

His will be done, on earth

As it is in Heaven

Deliver us from evil

Let us see truth

If God is unchanging, lives outside of time and always His will is done, prayer is a method of thanking not requesting things go differently than God wants, which is what is.
In this context, maybe asking and believing is just one of the powers of prayer. The law of attraction.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

I think that is more the territory of guardian angels but you pray to God and your will comes to fruition, it feels like you willed it and I think it is possible.

But you don't have to ask God for what he is going to give you, thank Him for whatever you have now. It's like public prayer for show, it doesn't count because of intent. Asking God to change something in your life is almost automatic though I think. In the end I think as long as you are praying you are doing something but I try never asking God for anything because I have enough. The more I want is a matter of time before I get. Praying is healthy mentally too. Letting God know that you love your life is a good prayer always.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: irenialilivenka

Remember when Moses asked God not to destroy the children of Israel during the exodus? That was a petition that was granted...or when Hannah asked for a son?

On the other side, petitions are also denied. "Father, if it be your will, take this cup from me..."

We have the right to ask in Christ's name. Its a matter of why you are asking, and just because your petition is denied, does not make your motives wrong either. Something God wants you to see how He allows evil to self destruct.
edit on 25-1-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Do you also remember render unto Caesar?

Right now, the Feds claim power over this issue in defiance of the states. Yes, there actually is a law and judicial precedent that the states are not to claim that authority for themselves.

Arizona tried it according to the courts (not really, but that's not how the courts saw it) and it was slapped down.

So basically, you are asking that we have an Attorney General who will ignore and selectively enforce Federal Law from state to state. That means you want an Attorney General who actually is pretty crappy at his job which is not to make law or even to selectively enforce law but to enforce the law of the land no matter his personal opinion on it.

Your beef then would be with elected officials who refuse to either make new law concerning marijuana or deregulate it such that it no longer falls under the laws the Attorney General has to enforce.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I remember Moses made a powder out of the golden calf and put it in water, made the transgressors drink it and the Levites slaughter them.

I remember a lot. Yahweh killing Egyptian baby boys and first born. Hardening Pharaohs heart to make him not relent.

I don't read it literally so it's not a big deal I just think it is crazy. Then accepting a man's daughter as human sacrifice in exchange for victory in battle. The girl says do it, but give me some time and she comes back and accepts her fate.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No. The 10th Amendment makes it clear that the states have authority over themselves. Its not my fault that the 10th Amendment has been and is still ignored by the Feds. I want an AG who will recognize the Constitution, which should be the final legal authority.

I do pay my taxes to Caesar. Its time that the respect they laws too. Or do we have to raise the issue of "no taxation without representation" again?
edit on 25-1-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: added point

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Unfortunately it is impossible to educate the ignorant because their false beliefs can only be denied by speaking and enacting the truth.The religious believer will continue to pray to their God that doesn't exist and believe they can change their God's mind with their petition completely oblivious to the fact that if there is a God they do not need or take requests. All prayer to a true God would be 100% listening and then doing however the religious cannot perceive this simple truth and worship the God they have created in their own image.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282
a reply to: Woodcarver

Unfortunately it is impossible to educate the ignorant because their false beliefs can only be denied by speaking and enacting the truth.The religious believer will continue to pray to their God that doesn't exist and believe they can change their God's mind with their petition completely oblivious to the fact that if there is a God they do not need or take requests. All prayer to a true God would be 100% listening and then doing however the religious cannot perceive this simple truth and worship the God they have created in their own image.
Gotta luv when the athiest types tell you what true prayer is 🙄... especially to a God they think doesn't exist.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

In John 13:34, Jesus said,

“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

Please if you want your fellow citizens to love you and see Christ manifested in you, then you must respect their rights and their way of life under the Bill of Rights. The least that you can do is change your heart, pray, and stand up for others, even if you don't see eye to eye with them.

First off the context if John 13:34 is among his disciples and the love they have for one another as disciples the world will know that they are his disciples. This is not a commandment from Jesus to love all people, it is love for one another as his followers. Paul expanded upon this as brotherly love and general love one for another as Christians.

Now we should show love to all as individuals but like respect love needs to be earned. I find it hard to love an enemy but I do my best to do so and when I have it really does make a difference in our relationship and they will see Christ in me.

The Lord God is the one who puts men in power no matter what kind of government we have.

should we pray 1 John 1:9 for another ? No we should use this verse for self and only pray that other would be using this for themselves but this is not for all men but mainly for Christians more than just men who are not saved. the context of 1John 1 :9 is clear on it being believers.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join