It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a prayer request for the watchful Christians of ATS.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Christians, please use 1John1:9 before reading on.

I usually think prayer requests are really cheesy, so I rarely make them unless I think it is a serious issue. I think this issue has the potential to affect millions of lives in America.

Today was supposed to be the day that the Senate voted on whether or not to confirm Jeff Sessions as Attorney General of the United States. It was delayed, and will likely be held on January 31st, 2017. While the Congress and President are the source of our laws, the Attorney General is responsible for enforcement and prosecution. This means that a corrupt Attorney General can be far more dangerous than a corrupt President and Congress.

I do not believe Jeff Sessions has the personal integrity to hold the office of Attorney General. Many states have legalized/decriminalized marijuana use on varying levels, yet Sessions has not clearly stated that he would honor the rights of the individual states. In fact, he has danced around questioning on the topic and has instead implied that he will do everything in his power to enforce the will of the Federal Government upon the states.

I know people with terminal illnesses who live otherwise normal lives because of the medical benefits of marijuana. If Sessions had his way, those people would live in agony as criminals, simply because their practices are considered "taboo" by the (Alt)Right.

I feel that Sessions' impetus is rooted in his distorted understand of the Bible, so this opens a window for a whole host of infringements upon our Constitutional liberties. If Sessions can not serve in office with enough respect and objectivity to carefully maintain a separation of Church and State, then it won't stop with marijuana.

Today, the front page issue is weed. Tomorrow, it could be your right to marry who you choose, to speak out against Dominionist laws, to decide what you do with your own body...

In John 13:34, Jesus said,

“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

Please if you want your fellow citizens to love you and see Christ manifested in you, then you must respect their rights and their way of life under the Bill of Rights. The least that you can do is change your heart, pray, and stand up for others, even if you don't see eye to eye with them.

So I ask you to first use 1John1:9 and consider asking God to prevent Jeff Sessions from taking office as Attorney General, and that He (God) would cause a just and righteous man to take up this great responsibility instead.

edit on 24-1-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Well apparently all elected officials are placed there by god... so IF he gets the position

Ye know...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Well apparently all elected officials are placed there by god... so IF he gets the position

Ye know...

John 19:11

Jesus answered, “You would have no authority over Me, unless it had been given you from above; for this reason he who delivered Me up to you has the greater sin.”

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Do you intend to pray him out of the office? Is that how prayers work? Have you been praying Trump out too? And what if he does get it? Does it prove that god does not care about your prayers? Or maybe that god wants him to be the AG and you disagree with god? Oh the power of petty prayers.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I kind of agree with you . OP God works in mysterious ways and He can bring about good from bad things .My prayer is that His will be done on earth as it is in heaven and it's Him that hands the job placement's out . Put your trust in Him to make the correct decision . peace
edit on 24-1-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

It means what ever you want it to mean.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I agree, but we still have a right to present our petition in Christ's name. I would prefer that Sessions not be a part of our political future, but if it must be that way, then so be it. As for now, I will make use of John 14:13. It is a right that you and I have been granted.

edit on 24-1-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. (Matthew 5:38-41)

I guess it's a matter of interpretation.

I'm spiritual, not religious so you don't understand where I'm coming from.

But if a prayer would be had from me it would be that our new administration improves our country from its current state. If that means hiring an AG that ~gasp~ actually followed the LAW, then that would be OK with me.

There are ways to change laws, avenues to fix laws. We should not be just breaking them.

I would leave you with this quote... 'Then give to Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's.'

edit on 22Tue, 24 Jan 2017 22:50:15 -0600America/Chicago17th2017-01-24T22:50:15-06:00pmTuesdayAmerica/Chicago by GreyScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I feel that Sessions' impetus is rooted in his distorted understand of the Bible

I feel that your impetus is rooted in a distorted understanding of the Bible.

See how that works? Do you see how it is, in your own words, "cheesy" to ask people to pray for your topic/flavor of the day?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I tried to start a prayer circle on ATS to pray for sick members. 404ed before even one request.

Good luck with this one....

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Overcome improvise adapt,if faced with a crippling illness and no relief go to Canada where its freely available

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I tried to start a prayer circle on ATS to pray for sick members. 404ed before even one request.

I would have no problem with that at all. Everyone should at least have a thought about, meditate, pray for a community member that is ailing.

However, you should not, in my humble opinion, pray to keep someone out of office so you can continue to break the law.

Not Christian, so again just an opinion and maybe I'm not qualified to weigh in on it...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Noted and it shall be mentioned .

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Ye know...

Sunday school still?
Sometimes you have to give up the milk my dear friend

www.directionjournal.org...

Then of course its obvious how much you love and love to quote Paul, understanding it within your gnostic interpretation

But of course you know more than anyone, you keep telling us

Acts 5:29New International Version (NIV)

29 Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than human beings!
edit on 24-1-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Bad news, I just got an email from God and he said it's a no-go. He really wanted to answer this prayer, but someone else was praying for Jeff Sessions to get confirmed and he just so happens to love that person more. So he's going to end up answering that prayer instead.

My condolences.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I guess prayer for a sick nation is frowned upon too.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale

You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. (Matthew 5:38-41)

I guess it's a matter of interpretation.

I'm spiritual, not religious so you don't understand where I'm coming from.

But if a prayer would be had from me it would be that our new administration improves our country from its current state. If that means hiring an AG that ~gasp~ actually followed the LAW, then that would be OK with me.

There are ways to change laws, avenues to fix laws. We should not be just breaking them.

I would leave you with this quote... 'Then give to Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's.'

I have a problem with what you quoted.
Namely you quoted the Jewish law, christians are not subject to the law, especially the Jewish law.

As for the 'Then give to Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's.'
Jesus is talking spiritually, our hearts, our souls, not finances

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale

originally posted by: olaru12

However, you should not, in my humble opinion, pray to keep someone out of office so you can continue to break the law.

Not Christian, so again just an opinion and maybe I'm not qualified to weigh in on it...

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I agree with you that it is odd, in my opinion, to pray to specifically keep someone from a job.

For what it's worth, I'm Catholic and live in the United States. During the petition prayers (the part of Mass when the congregation follows the priest/deacon with "Lord, hear our prayer") I have NEVER, EVER heard Don't let candidate-X win. Typically what is said is something along the lines of We hope that our elected leaders will be compassionate, kind and respectful to all others and keep within the teachings of Christ.

The point is that in the Catholic (maybe overall Christian) faith there is no shortage of forgiveness and the opportunity for people to change their ways has no end.

I find it odd that while seeking prayer, the OP has such venom towards another person.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

So the Tenth Amendment isn't law? If states choose to legalize marijuana shouldn't the Attorney General have to respect that?

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

I'm asking for Christians to pray for stability via respect for the law on the Federal Government's part. Its just a prayer request. I've said a million stupid things that are worthy of ridicule in my time on ATS, but for a prayer request over a divided nation....

Its not about letting people to "continue to break the law". I have friends and family who are terminally ill. The expensive Rx drugs that they are prescribed are slowly killing them. Doesn't that matter?
edit on 24-1-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Many have underestimated the power of prayer. We are granted free will, but so many documented miracles can not be explained. Let that sink in...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join