It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says He Will 'Send in the Feds' if Chicago Doesn't End 'Carnage'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: reldra

Hi reldra, I don't mean to drag you back into this but I really want to hear your take on this now that you've had time to sleep and think about it.. Do you still feel the same way? I'm sure you want what is best for america? Although its 24 on the list we have been continuing to show you that Chicago in fact needs the most help.

Instead of critizing him for his choice why can't you just applaud him for sticking to his word and commiting to try and help a place really in need?

Or are you still too emotionally invested that you just have to go against anything Trump?

That is the biggest problem with those who oppose Trump. They are unwilling to acknowledge anything that may truly be good. They are afraid of him being successful which is downright blasphemy. I did not want Hillary in office but god bless it, if she were the one that was elected I would have supported her and her decisions that would help make America great.

Agreed.
I am an unabashed Trump supporter and did not want Hillary in there either but I would have sucked it up and tried to support her. You deal with it and move on.
98% of the Leftists in this country have such hatred for Trump and his supporters and it is way past borderline insanity.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

More fatalities than overseas deployment?

Stay classy Chicago!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: trb71
Or he's planning on declaring Martial Law in a major US city.

Detroit needed it years ago, but we didn't have a president with a backbone to do so.

Even if it's temporary, it's better than nothing because some of our major US cities are out of control in certain areas. The problem is so many people are making money off of domestic chaos from the gangs, to courts, lawyers, and prison systems.

To incarcerate an inmate can cost between 45k to a 150k per inmate per year.

edit on 25-1-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This discussion brings to mind Agenda 21, something that I have been thinking about from different angles since President Trump's run began only because who would be better suited to organize and pull off the plan better than he?

Starting in a major city like Chicago or Detroit, and setting an example of the new Military rules of citizen engagement.

I have backed our new President from the beginning thinking he would be the only hope for a prosperous future which could only happen providing we are not made the mortal enemies of the other mega States such as China and Russia.

One of His first platforms was to bring Law and order to the larger inner cities through Infrastructure,
Law enforcement, and "opportunity" to the poor and under privileged.

Instead of more prisons and drug rehabs we will need occupational training and homeless shelters which help the drug addicts get clean and learn how to live in a different way than they have ever known. It will be scary for them, a resistance is sure to come, but a generation away will think this is how it has always been. The educational levels will rise and with that there will be no stopping the city dwellers!

edit on pm131pmWed, 25 Jan 2017 14:32:00 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

It is CRAZY that you even said that...and even more crazy that I starred you for your thoughts.

Ok so truth be told, Martial Law is not and never will be the answer, only the worst case scenario.

Some of the inner city dwellers do not want to go back to work, they want what bernie had to offer, and continuity of generational freebies, medical and handouts. They do not even comprehend what it feels like to have a viable job and to support their families in that fashion.

There is going to be resistance for certain, change never comes easily.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Where are all the free thinkers who wanted to make such a brave and principled stand against federal authority now? You know, the folks who thought the Bundys were heroes.

Strange days indeed.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is one of the promises that some of us intended to hold his feet to the fire about. HELPING The inner cities and the poor. He has started it already in this newborn presidency. Chicago is a perfect place to start.. and the people have asked for intervention. THE PEOPLE have asked for help..

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
a reply to: theantediluvian

Refer to my post above. He simply has to copy President Reagan's task force he used in Miami and gear it for gangs instead of cartels.

This is the most effective solution possible.

Reagan defeated the Cartels? Seriously?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Agenda 21 will require FEMA camps.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Talk of 'sending the feds' to a US city when not in the middle of an active disaster, a persistent high crime rate is not an active disaster, is concerning. To say the least.

Detroit has the highest violent crime rate. Chicago comes up on the list at 24. The city I (live right outside of) is at 11, and we don't actually have a lot of crime. A murder of any kind makes big news.

He would have to 'send the feds' into 23 other cities first???

Yet you're instantaneous in calling for stricter federal firearm laws the instant a half dozen people are gunned down by some nutcase strung out on SSRIs?

Sometimes the most prudent action is to send in federal law enforcement officers to physically crack skulls open until the problem either goes away or is incapacitated. I think 762 murders in a 365 day span meets that threshold. Reagan initiated a federal taskforce to fight drugs and gangs in SoCal, I see no reason why Trump shouldn't do the same in Chicago. (and roll down hardcore on Chicago's notoriously corrupt city officials while we're at it,)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It's stunning that policies to crack down on gun violence and clean up a city out of control could be viewed as anything other than positive.

I get the sense that if Trump achieved world peace he'd be criticised for impacting the arms industry.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Then move. And don't give me the I can't afford it excuse, Im as broke as you can get and can still move wherever I need to. You choose to live there.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ruby ridge branch davidian?

I'm not at all comfortable with the idea the fed's are going to start 'mending fences' in the metropolitan chicago area.

That idea of fence-mending seems entirely assinine given the number of...
innocents made to fight for survival...no longer considered innocent given their activities in crime...

There's no hand up from anyone strong enough to lift the weight of their plight...
so they become down-trodden and gutter-slime...they'll be better off dead?

I don't see how punishing them for trying to survive is OK.

I'd prefer building a network of half-way housing for those willing to make the transition from criminal element to productive member of society...in house mh counsellors around the clock.

Everyone suffers in a failed relationship...actual fence mending should be the practice of mending fences not tearing down to ruin.
But like with everything one sends out into his universe- will surely return to him.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

"We will end the sanctuary cities that have resulted in so many needless deaths. Cities that refuse to cooperate with federal authorities will not receive taxpayer dollars, and we will work with Congress to pass legislation to protect those jurisdictions that do assist federal authorities.”

President Trump

Chicago Will Stay a 'Sanctuary City' for Undocumented Immigrants; Will Trump Cut Federal Funds?

edit on 25-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: antar

Agenda 21 will require FEMA camps.

This is why it is unwise to send in the Feds, all it will do is give the left more fire power. I still say legalizing certain things (with regards to my last post) would be a much better solution.

You don't attack the hive, you phase it out. Transform it from within, offer pardons/ peace. Legalize certain things that will break gang and criminal monopoly. This is a much more wiser modern warfare while remaining peaceful with no fema camps involved.

edit on th2017000000Wednesdayth000000Wed, 25 Jan 2017 17:06:33 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoWed, 25 Jan 2017 17:06:33 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

That's exactly what he's contemplating. The only "feds" he can send in is the US military. And to do that he must declare martial law. The FBI has less than 14,000 agents. The DEA has 5500. The orange Cheeto draft dodger now wants to play army. He wants ti invade an American city, seize the guns of American citizens, set up internment camps and rule by fiat. Hmmm, can you say Jade Helm?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Want to know WHY Chicago has not been able to get control of violence? Take a look at what Chicago's police chief said about Donald Trump's threat of action, if Chicago can't fix the problem.

""In an exclusive telephone interview with the Tribune, Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said he was baffled by the meaning of the president's tweet, which was sent Tuesday night as the city's latest violence statistics were being aired on national cable news.""

Source: www.chicagotribune.com...

Eddie Johnson is a nice guy, but is not very perceptive.
edit on 1/25/2017 by carewemust because: corrected source URL

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
First there is the issue of both Chicago and Illinois being in deep, deep budget doo doo. You can tell them to come up with a realistic and workable plan or face losing federal monies. They already face this with the whole sanctuary city showdown anyhow, but you can add additional thumbscrews over the lack of serious action to address violence.

If that doesn't work, you can indeed send in the Feds.

There are several different major US law enforcement groups that can be mobilized and authorized to go into Chicago and get to work - DoJ, ATF, FBI, etc. Start special task forces ala The Untouchables whose job it is to address the gang issue and use the RICO statute same as you would with the mob.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The city couldn't withstand the loss of TWO revenue streams from the FEDS simultaneously. Looks like we're going to have visitors from D.C. arriving in Black Vans soon!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

That's exactly what he's contemplating. The only "feds" he can send in is the US military. And to do that he must declare martial law. The FBI has less than 14,000 agents. The DEA has 5500. The orange Cheeto draft dodger now wants to play army. He wants ti invade an American city, seize the guns of American citizens, set up internment camps and rule by fiat. Hmmm, can you say Jade Helm?

10 U.S. Code § 12406 - National Guard in Federal service: call

(3) the President is unable with the regular forces to execute the laws of the United States;

the President may call into Federal service members and units of the National Guard of any State in such numbers as he considers necessary to repel the invasion, suppress the rebellion, or execute those laws. Orders for these purposes shall be issued through the governors of the States or, in the case of the District of Columbia, through the commanding general of the National Guard of the District of Columbia.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join