It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Trump Expected to Order Temporary Ban on Refugees

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Reuters

Well ... we've been waiting ... and here it comes.

President Donald Trump is expected to sign executive orders starting on Wednesday that include a temporary ban on most refugees and a suspension of visas for citizens of Syria and six other Middle Eastern and African countries, according to several congressional aides and immigration experts briefed on the matter.

Trump is expected to order a multi-month ban on allowing refugees into the United States except for religious minorities escaping persecution, until more aggressive vetting is in place.

Another order will block visas being issued to anyone from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen, said the aides and experts, who asked not to be identified.

ETA: I almost dropped this in another forum, because I really wanted to draw attention to the very first word in the title of this thread. Will everything be an exclusive until the media starts toeing the line?

edit on 2412017 by Snarl because: ETA

+31 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Good its about damn time .

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

and all those dems said he wouldnt follow through with his campaign promises

+28 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This is one of the reasons he was made president. Common sense at last!!!!!

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Someone, somewhere has just read your post, got triggered and has now got another reason to be offended, another means of labeling Trump a racist.

This someone, of course, is living in a river in Egypt, also known as Denial and will likely react to this latest outrage with textbook labeling of Trump as a racist bigot......as if this is the first they are hearing of this.

This someone will also call him a deluded Christian fundie because he has exempted religious minorities who are being persecuted by Islamic regimes, which is the height of this someones hypocrisy insofar that all the core values this someone holds dear are the exact same values the Islamic regimes are hell bent on destroying and murdering anyone who even remotely displays a desire for freedom from Islam.

+22 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

He's wasting no time.. Getting # done while people are still trying to accept that he's the president.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

and all those dems said he wouldnt follow through with his campaign promises

Because being true to their words is not something democracies (Read: Progressives) are accustomed to

Give it about 8 years and they will learn maybe.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Weird because I heard something about the popular vote being a thing and something about alternative news.

Think this will even be a blip on the radar? I mean, Spicer is putting out plenty of cartilage for the media to chew on.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Trump's working fast, while the media and their parrots salivate for him to say something they approve of. "Please talk like us Donald! Please say things we want to hear!"

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Do you think they would even acknowledge the agreement should The White House say something that they align with?

It is inevitable that it will happen.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Ohhhhh Boy.

It's gonna be a looooong weekend !!!

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The part that interests me, which your article seems to leave out:

Secretary of State nominee Rex Tillerson did not rule out the possibility of a Muslim registry during his confirmation hearing earlier this month, but clarified that if established, it would also extend "to other groups" that are threats to the U.S.

thehill.com...

Who in the Trump admin gets to decide what "threat" means? Is an ideological difference seen as a threat to a Trump America?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Valid point. Should that have come from the Obama administration....Oh wait. www.thetrace.org...

IMO the lists are fine as long as the are a)public b) a way to get off and a reason in writing why you are on it.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I just want people to remember that Trump won't be president forever, and when the opposition is in power again, guess who's names go on those lists?

It's wrong to support listing citizens no matter which political aisle you sit on, because those same lists will eventually be used against everybody.

Trump supporters included.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I'll not disagree with you on the lists. To now be worried about a list is a little silly however given how many could be out there let alone the actual ones that already exists.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Do you think they would even acknowledge the agreement should The White House say something that they align with?

It is inevitable that it will happen.

As long as he says it the right way. We're dealing with thought police here, after all. We're used to speech writers, consultants, PR experts and lawyers feeding us info, that such a brash personality no one can fathom.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I just want people to remember that Trump won't be president forever, and when the opposition is in power again, guess who's names go on those lists?

It's wrong to support listing citizens no matter which political aisle you sit on, because those same lists will eventually be used against everybody.

So let terrorist into your country? Incase 1 day you become one?

That makes no sense to people who do not have radical beliefs and want to stomp out terrorism 9nce and for all.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Everyone crying about lists, should remember.. We're all on a list of some sort already, DL, SS, W2, registered voters, etc, the "list" goes on. I am for this one to be included.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: underwerks

So let terrorist into your country? Incase 1 day you become one?

That makes no sense to people who do not have radical beliefs and want to stomp out terrorism 9nce and for all.

Nowhere in anything I wrote was I talking about letting terrorists into the country. I'm talking about domestic lists of citizens that the government classifies as threats.

If I have to give up safety for more freedom, so be it.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

well the op is not about americans

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join