It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HEY Metal Heads.. Remember Corrosion of Conformity?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Thanks for the ole dusty trail...
Deep Purple ..... good stuff.
Triumph
Blue Oyster Cult
Manowar
Thin Lizzy

I would like to take this moment to "grrr" Quiet Riot a fun band sadly all their "hits" was coversongs from the incredible band........ Slade, and the originals blow QR's away, Youtube them and that was in 70's they did it, just incredible.

-Firepoker-
edit on 24-1-2017 by Firepoker because: added Manowar and Thin Lizzy- Because they also make my toes tingle.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Not a problem. I have a thing about collecting CDs from decent 80s & 90s hardcore and metal bands. I spent a few weeks trying to get a physical copy of Voivod's Nothingface a couple of months ago before giving up on a decent price and ordering a copy from the UK for around $50 if that gives you any idea.

That being said, I have a huge digital library of demos and rare/obscure/unreleased 90s hardcore and metal albums so if you can think of anything you'd like a copy of feel free to PM me. If I don't have something I can usually find it in a few days. Hell, I have a few Burzum and Mayhem albums that only 666 copies each were made and sold at local shows. Somewhere around here I also have a couple of Emperor recordings of early practices. The quality of most of it isn't great but it's fun to listen to now and then for nostalgic purposes.
edit on 1/24/17 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Totally forgot. One more. One of the best tracks from one of my favorite early 90s albums.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Magnivea

Not a problem. I have a thing about collecting CDs from decent 90s bands. I spent a few weeks trying to get a physical copy of Voivod's Nothingface a couple of months ago before giving up on a decent price and ordering a copy from the UK for around $50 if that gives you any idea.

That being said, I have a huge digital library of demos and rare/obscure/unreleased 90s hardcore and metal albums so if you can think of anything you'd like a copy of feel free to PM me. If I don't have something I can usually find it in a few days. Hell, I have a few Burzum and Mayhem albums that only 666 copies each were made and sold at local shows. Somewhere around here I also have a couple of Emperor recordings of early practices. The quality of most of it isn't great but it's fun to listen to now and then for nostalgic purposes.

Wow, what a great offer! Thanks so much, might take you up on that sometime soon,
Sounds like you have an incredible collection.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea

Here is one of my rocks tales. Back in the 89-91 range,There was a small company I worked atone day this guy with the long metal head hair started working and we became good work mates. Here he was the original drummer for Kix before replacing him, hit it big with Blow my fuse. Fun talk music cus at that time I was running lights and pyro's for some local bands.

I also partied a couple Nights with the drummer of Lillian Axe, He was heading to NYC to advance his drumming technics.

I like getting those mix lps with unknowns and maybe a band you knew of... good stuff on those. sure its hit and miss but you get your mind blown on those kick-arse songs.
I collected all the Metal Blade mixs back trhen .. killer shreds.
-Firepoker-
edit on 24-1-2017 by Firepoker because: killer shreds was needed.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Albatross....!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Wow, this brings back memories. Haven't heard them in years. Seen them in concert in the 90s with a large headlining act in a fun outdoor venue.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Indeed, one of my favorite concerts to have attended.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Saw them twice. First time with Ozzy and Sepultura, second time with Coal Chamber and Hed PE.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
They were the best when Pepper was in the band.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hi all,
Just had to say thanks again to everyone who has contributed/commented. There's nothing better than starting a thread that attracts knowledgable and interesting posts.. I love to learn new things about many subjects-- music definitely included.
You guys rock.
-zosimov
edit on 25-1-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Magnivea
a reply to: Woodcarver

Rotten Records are dicks and since AB is the only thing they can still make money on they pulled down almost everything that isn't live and recorded on a mid 80s tape recorder from YouTube. There are other means to get the albums though...

Anyway. Shrum. Side project of AB's late bassist.

Acid Bath demos (Pre AB, still called Golgotha)

Then there's the Dax side projects. Agents of Oblivion was already mentioned. Daiseyhead and the Mooncrickets were also very good. Deadboy and the Elephantmen is all over YouTube. Then there's his solo work which is no kind of heavy but is still amazing. One of my favorites:

Yes. Rotten are dicks. They royally screwed Acid Bath. There has been talks of a reunion tour with or without Dax but sadly it prob won't happen.

The pre recordings are hard to listen to.

But i do love all of Dax's later works. I have talked with him several times when he comes in to play. Very shy until he gets his head right.
edit on 25-1-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Great thread here's my add

sorry it's not conformity but it's hard and heavy and it kicks ass
edit on 25-1-2017 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Thanks so much for adding another great.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

That guitar work on Pearls Before Swine is just incredible. What a song!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Hell Yeah!

First song that got me into this bad was played loud as hell inside of my best friend's Dodge Stealth:

I also agree that this was the best album they ever made! I saw them a couple of years ago. Still badass!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
Corrosion of Conformity.... No other rock band incorporated the steel guitar so beautifully.

I'll see your COC and raise you some Toadies.....

Effing TOADIES man!!!

I'll see your TOADIES and raise you some:

Dinosaur Jr

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: zosimov

Oh goodness, some Type O. Definitely, yes.

To everyone.. great contributions, and thank you for making this one rocking thread!

If you like type 0, you might get into these guys. They are called Acid Bath. They are from New Orleans.

Here is a song called Bleed me an Ocean. But i would find the albums.

Pagan terrorist tactics

and

when the kite string pops

youtu.be...

That's my boys right there.

Though, you're mistaken. They're NOT from New Orleans, they were from Houma. That's just where Johnny Rotten's studio was at the time he was managing them. Total crap fest! He's the reason they never went anywhere. He didn't do !@#$ for them.

Best damn Sludge Metal band ever! I'm still a huge fan! I try to see Dax everytime I see him playing near. That guy can send chills down your spine when he sings! You'd swear he was a choir angel for the fallen and forsaken.

edit on 25-1-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Awesome.. thanks for posting Blind! Great album indeed.
edit on 25-1-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
a reply to: dreamingawake

Saw them twice. First time with Ozzy and Sepultura, second time with Coal Chamber and Hed PE.

Nice first time with them getting to catch Sepultura.

Coal Chamber and Deadlights were touring with TypeO on my end.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join