It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Opinion on Moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I thought the biblical future of Jerusalem was to be a 'weight' around everyone's neck... a millstone and burdensome sore to every nation on Earth (or something to that effect)

I sure hope that Trump won't employ that NeoCon card he has stashed in his wallet

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
Id like to see that happen too

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Muhammad began preaching Islam around 610 AD. This puts Islam at around 1400 years old, making it one of the world's younger religions. Islam is a monotheistic religious tradition that developed in the Middle East in the 7th century C.E.

...In 1516, Palestine became a province of the Ottoman Empire, and was occupied by a majority arab people.

the two state idea wasn't created until 1948 after WW2

David’s conquest of Canaan in 1000 B.C. to the wiping out of Judah in 586 B.C.

muslims and jews haven't been "fighting over the land for thousands of years" -

the current issue in Israel is a very new one, and the message that it has been going on for a long time is false doctrine spread by liars who have agendas - the smallest amount of research will show this to be nothing but true.

muslims haven't even existed for thousands of years

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

I think a very important point in this discussion is seldom brought up and I have no idea why.

There was a law passed in 1995 (The Jerusalem Embassy Act) specifically stating that our embassy should be moved to Jerusalem as soon as possible.

The only reason it has not happened is that each president since that date has been able to "waive" the law citing National Security interests. In other words, every 6 months the president of the US has to *actively* use this waiver to circumvent the law and the embassy move. And every President since Clinton has done exactly that.

The next time it will come up for review is May.

My bet is that our new POTUS will *not* utilize the waiver, which means neither he nor Congress have to do anything to make this happen. POTUS simply has to not block the law and :poof: the US Embassy will move as per the laws of the United States of America.

From the Trump team's perspective, it's a beautiful thing. They get what they want by simply not acting against it.

]
edit on 1/24/2017 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I read a few years ago about just such an idea.

Jerusalem would be overseen by a quartet, possibly an octet, of religious scholars. Jewish, Sunni Muslim, Shia Muslim, Roman Catholic, headed by, if I recall correctly, a Russian Orthodox scholar. The Swiss Guard would be in charge of matters concerning security, and law enforcement.

It's a plan that just might, maybe, work... It seems to have disappeared though, as I can't find it anywhere on line.

As for moving the embassy? I don't really care one way or another...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Jerusalem is the Capital of Israel period.

No it isn't it's illegally occupied land.

Muslims have been fighting with the Jews for thousands of years over that place.

Need to work on your history Islam hasn't been around for thousands of years. Also it was the Christians that took over Jerusalem from the Hebrews in the first place. Back through history the Jews usually ended up living with the Muslims for protection from the Christians.

I also don't get Iran's logic of wiping out Israel from the Map. If you wipe Israel from the map you will also destroy the Dome of the Rock.

The former president of Iran said Zionism will fade from the pages of history not wipe Israel from the map.

Islam is 1,400 years old. So ya islam is thousands of years old

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
yep, just like the Sioux should take back their land in the Dakotas!! and, the Onondagas should take syracuse, ny back.. and the senecas should take their back, and on and on we go!!!

hypocrites much??

The Natives forgot to write a book telling everyone that God gave them that land. If they had then we would give them billions in free money and weapons.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

na, the church would have burned their books the minute they were discovered...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

originally posted by: buster2010

Jerusalem is the Capital of Israel period.

No it isn't it's illegally occupied land.

Muslims have been fighting with the Jews for thousands of years over that place.

Need to work on your history Islam hasn't been around for thousands of years. Also it was the Christians that took over Jerusalem from the Hebrews in the first place. Back through history the Jews usually ended up living with the Muslims for protection from the Christians.

I also don't get Iran's logic of wiping out Israel from the Map. If you wipe Israel from the map you will also destroy the Dome of the Rock.

The former president of Iran said Zionism will fade from the pages of history not wipe Israel from the map.

Islam is 1,400 years old. So ya islam is thousands of years old

It's not thousands until after two thousand years. One thousand then two thousand 1400 years is only one thousand 400 years. So no it's not thousands of years.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

The Natives forgot to write a book telling everyone that God gave them that land. If they had then we would give them billions in free money and weapons.
Actually the Natives land is inferred in the Bible as they have their language to go by from the tower incident .Just like all languages had land .

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Actually the Natives land is inferred in the Bible as they have their language to go by from the tower incident .Just like all languages had land .
Look at what I quoted I was talking about Native Americans.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
FYI, the rock in the Dome of the Rock, is the same one that Abraham was going to sacrifice Issac on.
It was also used in the first and second Temples.
Its a Jewish rock and Jewish property no matter how you look at it.

Buck

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Jordan treats people of all religions equally despite being a Muslim nation.

In point of fact, the ones gunning for Jordan are Islamic extremists.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You can't compare Palestine to a terrorist nation. Palestine has no standing army so by default they have to rely on guerrilla fighters carrying out what Israel deem to be terrorist actions.

Failure to acknowledge this actually seriously devalues the entire situation over there.

Equally though it is hard to argue against Israel's positions (apart from forcible evictions by hard line settlers). This is why there has been no simple solution to the issue.

It is also worth remembering that all unity marches in Israel significantly outweigh any pro Israel or Palestine marches - in other words, more from both sides want peace than those that want conflict.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

They all had and have languages .ie. french people live in France but are not named specifically in the Bible as is english and they live in England .etc.etc.One can infer that at Babel where all languages came about and the geographic locations allotted to them we also extended to all languages with a place on the earth .That is why when European countries France,England etc came to the new world they made treaties with these other nations .You have to be a nation that exist somewhere to write treaties .People cant legally write treaties ,it has to be nations under law .

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Good argument, so if someone is strong enough to use a reconquista casus belli they should.

The sioux are in no position militarily

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

FYI, the rock in the Dome of the Rock, is the same one that Abraham was going to sacrifice Issac on. It was also used in the first and second Temples. Its a Jewish rock and Jewish property no matter how you look at it.
That is very debatable seeing that the Romans had their fort on that rock and actually had a temple to Saturn there .The alternative and more likely place of the Jewish Temple was in the old city of David next to the geion spring .

This from a lengthy look at the options

Several years ago my good friend (since 1982), Stanley Goldfoot in Jerusalem introduced me to Tuvia Sagiv, a talented and enterprising Tel Aviv architect. Tuvia has spent hundreds of hours and many thousands of dollars of his own money researching the temple locations and has now built a strong and convincing case that the Temples were immediately east of the present Western Wall, with the Holy of Holies probably located under the El Kas Fountain. This fountain lies approximately midway between the Dome of the Rock and Al Aqsa Mosque. The bedrock drops rapidly just south of the Dome of the Rock. If Tuvia's model is correct the Temples would be lower that the outcropping bedrock under the Dome of the Rock. In fact, Tuvia's recent research suggests the Dome site may have been originally a Canaanite High Place with tombs beneath, and later (until the reforms of Josiah) the location of an Ashoreh pillar.
www.templemount.org...

The third option was first purposed by DR.Ernst L Martin
This is to his web page on the Temple www.askelm.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

FYI, while your post makes good use of the Bible, it doesn't coincide with verifiable known history.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

No idea what this has to do with the OP, but how did France form if they had to be a nation to have a treaty? They are named after the weapon they used in battle.

How did the Europeans have treaties with native Americans who didn't have nations?

Or are you saying France and England made a treaty?

All you have to do to sign a treaty is be a big enough threat to the other country that they are forced to see you as a nation.

Like how Israel takes advantage of Palestine steals land and commits genocide, because Palestine can't defend against them, so there is no need for a real treaty.

If Palestine had a army then Israel wouldn't do what it does.

What you need for a treaty is a Army.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join