It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Current War: First Shot of Benedict Cumberpatch as Thomas Edison. Nicholas Hoult as Nikola Tesla

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Anyone with a brain and who has ever read a book, will know that Tesla was all about inventions and as far as money goes, he spent the majority on his inventions and 100's of patents. In 1908 he was basically talking about internet and smartphones and people called him cookoo..

The man was way ahead of the times.

At least he wasnt a rich prick like Edison who electrocuted animals during the current war, spreading misinformation about AC like a fkn maniac. The Edison lovers are still around though, no biggie. Tesla won the war of the currents. And seeing Elon Musk bring the Tesla name back is just lovely. All the while bringing the power of the Sun back with awesome rechargable batteries. Future looks much brighter.

All in all, Tesla, the student of Edison surpassed his teacher. Edison could not handle it and the war began. Awesome rivalry which is a little portrayed in the movie The Prestige for anyone interested.

Without Edison, there would probably have not been a Tesla. Edison only accepted him because of a letter of recommendation. Some evils are just necessary ^
edit on 26-1-2017 by Jungian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Jungian

I also have a hard time understanding that every time N. Tesla being mentioned on ATS , some people ( most of who I think are a good contribution on ATS in average ) feel the need to downplay Tesla.

Not only this topic, it's sometime I noticed over a few ATS years .

I know some of the most wonderful and fictional stuff is being said about Tesla, and some of thos are way, way off, i can accept that.

But it's something else to attack his character, or proven accomplishments.
WHY?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

You see, Mr. Morgan, the revolutionary character of this idea, its civilizing potency, its tremendous money making power Source

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
a reply to: Jungian

I also have a hard time understanding that every time N. Tesla being mentioned on ATS , some people ( most of who I think are a good contribution on ATS in average ) feel the need to downplay Tesla.

Not only this topic, it's sometime I noticed over a few ATS years .

I know some of the most wonderful and fictional stuff is being said about Tesla, and some of thos are way, way off, i can accept that.

But it's something else to attack his character, or proven accomplishments.
WHY?

Yea its pretty stupid. But they are only human afterall. They will never create anything, but leave smaller versions of themselves behind and keep up the circlejerks. Tesla wanted AC to be FREE of charge, harnessing the power of nature to create electricty. That is why all financiers left him. Reading his diary was a mind opener. Dude was "crazy" sure but he saw the world and changed the world like few ever before him. The world runs on AC. The world runs on Tesla. When I grew up I learned about Edison at school but never Tesla. I had to venture to the library to find out about him.
School doesnt really want to teach you about seeking the truth either, it wants to preach it, like plenty around at ATS.
edit on 27-1-2017 by Jungian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join