It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mislabeling by Humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
So while i was looking at sea creatures at a wildlife documentary, i became curious about how they were documented before the age of information overload, how things were categorized in the 19th century and how things are categorized now?
There must have been major mislabels in every zoological field, much must have been based on assumptions based on natural behavior, " If talks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it surely must be a duck ".

Humans make mistakes, or my experience thought me that, they make lots of them. I believe any animal who are privileged with the basic needs, wont really correct their mistakes since the need isnt there,instead they repeat them, over and over again, since the consequence doesnt exist..
Like a Mario game and three lives, and the mushroom gives you an extra chance..

What happens if something becomes mislabeled by people filled with imaginary mythological stories and fantasies, would they even care? Ive been shown clearly that the answer is " no " and the excuse will be ;" Well, s* happens! ".

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

If she weighs the same as a duck...
- she's made of wood.
- And therefore?
- A witch!

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Yeah pretty much, i believe its about relating;" What does my experience tell me? " Could i make the right decision? "
I believe in most cases;" A duck, is a duck ".

Or the fable of the Black Swan

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

So while i was looking at sea creatures at a wildlife documentary, i became curious about how they were documented before the age of information overload, how things were categorized in the 19th century and how things are categorized now?
There must have been major mislabels in every zoological field, much must have been based on assumptions based on natural behavior, " If talks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it surely must be a duck ".

Humans make mistakes, or my experience thought me that, they make lots of them. I believe any animal who are privileged with the basic needs, wont really correct their mistakes since the need isnt there,instead they repeat them, over and over again, since the consequence doesnt exist..
Like a Mario game and three lives, and the mushroom gives you an extra chance..

What happens if something becomes mislabeled by people filled with imaginary mythological stories and fantasies, would they even care? Ive been shown clearly that the answer is " no " and the excuse will be ;" Well, s* happens! ".

if I'm rift they had a centralized institution where you would submit your findings. From there they compare it with a log.
Before that I'm sure every area had its own.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Would an 19th century log be out of date in your point of view? For me it is, if someone still used the same 19th century log do you think their assumptions would be correct, do you think the data would be corrupted due to limited observational facts and if im not mistaken most of the fictional golden era had its start in the 19th century, i believe it would be influenced by mythology and human imagination.

All Swans were white until 1697,

new topics

top topics

join