It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump bans EPA employees from giving social media updates

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
I dont like Trumps approach on this, even if it doesnt do a whole lot. It is indicative of an iron fist approach to governance.

Personally I think he's finding out who is prepared to talk themselves out of a job.

There are already... indications, shall we say... that's he's using the standard leak test - passing out slightly different bits of information to different groups to see which versions end up getting leaked to the press.

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of this is to flush out the employees that will be working against the administration instead of for it.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I don't disagree with getting rid of corrupt employees. My sister worked for a not for profit organization and watched TV in her office all day...full time job. She even bragged about how her work load is not even enough for a part time position.

So did you report your sister or do you have different standards when it comes to your concerns for public sector waste when it concerns family members?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Wow. Any type of justification or rationalization over the media lock down on the EPA during the transition is now akin to cult worship of The Donald?

Those flummoxing over the imminent destruction of free speech and civil rights must have been suffering amnesia over the last 15 years.

Whistle blowers getting sent to prison? It's all good.

Wikileaks is an arm of the Russian intelligence community? Sure is, shut 'em down.

The gutting of the 4th Amendment? Who needs it anyway?

Do not toe the party line regarding climate science? Silence! Off the island!

No worries though. I totally understand the angst. Here's what you do: you take 'em to court! Of course, you would need to find a law firm willing to take a case they know is a cut-n-dried, non-starter. If you have a ton of money to burn though, good news! They will entertain the your pseudo-noble but myopic interpretation of case law and the Constitution for exactly as long as your bank account lasts.

Sans that route, at least here on ATS you can demonize anybody disagreeing with your emotions for free. It's a pretty good deal. You are no more factually correct than before you started but at least you've saved your money. For cool hats and genitalia costumes at the next big protest. Go get 'em Tiger!

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The perpetual hypocrisy from the dems never ends.

They had no problems with Obama's secretive administration like Community Relation Service infiltrating and coaching Black lives Matter.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Shamrock6

Because bias is more comfortable than the truth. I wonder how long excuses are going to be made...

Anti Trump's always accuse his supporters of supporting anything Trump does without prejudice. Yet those same people don't seem to even try and admit any decision he makes is good.

Trump won because Hillary supporters did nothing but insult anyone who sided with Trump. Clearly these same Hillary supporters have nothing between their ears or they would have figured out that the more you insult Trump's supporters, the harder they are going to support Trump.

I'm picturing Bart Simpson as reaches for the candy and that is being electrified by Lisa.

Bzzzzz. "Ouch" Bzzzzz "ouch" Bzzzzz "ouch"....

They just don't get it.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY
Wow. Any type of justification or rationalization over the media lock down on the EPA during the transition is now akin to cult worship of The Donald?

Those flummoxing over the imminent destruction of free speech and civil rights must have been suffering amnesia over the last 15 years.

Whistle blowers getting sent to prison? It's all good.

Wikileaks is an arm of the Russian intelligence community? Sure is, shut 'em down.

The gutting of the 4th Amendment? Who needs it anyway?

Do not toe the party line regarding climate science? Silence! Off the island!

No worries though. I totally understand the angst. Here's what you do: you take 'em to court! Of course, you would need to find a law firm willing to take a case they know is a cut-n-dried, non-starter. If you have a ton of money to burn though, good news! They will entertain the your pseudo-noble but myopic interpretation of case law and the Constitution for exactly as long as your bank account lasts.

Sans that route, at least here on ATS you can demonize anybody disagreeing with your emotions for free. It's a pretty good deal. You are no more factually correct than before you started but at least you've saved your money. For cool hats and genitalia costumes at the next big protest. Go get 'em Tiger!

Don't forget the disinformation and propaganda act signed by Obama on the way out. Priceless that bill was signed from the momentum of Democrats accusing Russia of aiding Trump and now Trump's haters believe it is Trump that is out try to sensor information. Liberals will believe anything...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
""We're just trying to get a handle on everything and make sure what goes out reflects the priorities of the new administration," Ericksen said.

Let me get this straight, the new administration banned free speech to an organization until they comply to what they want to portray (not the facts) and Ericksen is admitting this?

Who wants to hear the screams of the crushed and the laments of their womens?

Just sayin...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
What the hell is wrong with people going on about free speech /facepalm.
Stopping a govt agency posting documents to social media has nothing to do with free speech.

How about scientists discussing their taxpayer-funded research with journalists and elected representatives?

Does that have anything to do with freedom of speech?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
What a bunch of fascist Nazis.
As a former government employee I know that agencies have official media pages for putting out news about what the agencies are doing, educating the public, advertising internships or what have you.

This is not about people posting anti-trump stuff from work systems, except for the Park system ban the other day which apparently was in reaction to anti-Trump posts.

This is overreach and out of control.

I follow dozens of environmental and oceanic pages. This news is absolutely insane. Trump will censor all government science eventually. I wonder what else he will censor besides science.

He is a 70 year old billionaire...He only cares about himself and he is approaching life expectancy. Why millions of middle class Americans trusted Donald Trump to do anything for them is ridiculous.

When is the last time a billionaire did anything for you?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Why millions of middle class Americans trusted Donald Trump to do anything for them is ridiculous.

When is the last time a billionaire did anything for you?

Oh, that's an easy one. 8 years of odumbo and the terror of a possible witch-bitch administration.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The EPA can kiss my rear.
Lisa Jackson can do the same.
I am ECSTATIC that Trump has done this.

This is the same epa that screwed the people of flint. This is the same epa that intentionally pollutes rivers in Co. This is the same epa that wanted $6/gallon gas. This is the same epa that MADE UP STATISTICS behind clean air plans.
I hope Trump throws them all out on their rears.
I am for clean air and clean water, but not when it comes with an agenda.

I hope he dismantles the IRS next.

This is EXACTLY what I voted for.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: Kali74

Because bias is more comfortable than the truth. I wonder how long excuses are going to be made...

Anti Trump's always accuse his supporters of supporting anything Trump does without prejudice. Yet those same people don't seem to even try and admit any decision he makes is good.

Trump won because Hillary supporters did nothing but insult anyone who sided with Trump. Clearly these same Hillary supporters have nothing between their ears or they would have figured out that the more you insult Trump's supporters, the harder they are going to support Trump.

I'm picturing Bart Simpson as reaches for the candy and that is being electrified by Lisa.

Bzzzzz. "Ouch" Bzzzzz "ouch" Bzzzzz "ouch"....

They just don't get it.

Thought it was "D'hoh!"

lol!!

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington

originally posted by: UKTruth
What the hell is wrong with people going on about free speech /facepalm.
Stopping a govt agency posting documents to social media has nothing to do with free speech.

How about scientists discussing their taxpayer-funded research with journalists and elected representatives?

Does that have anything to do with freedom of speech?

No.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

This is getting hilarious & sad at the same time. In case any body actually does some critical thinking...
the Public relations department of any agency, perhaps the Director at times are the ones who deal with disseminating information to the general public. Why would anyone think it usual practice for say any and all to communicate with the public?
Would you not think it strange that the finance dept of the EPA gave out opinions on studies of emissions of vehicle rather than the scientist of the EPA?

"What's wrong with this picture" is everybody blissfully ignoring the phrase "under the agency's name." That's policy for most employers I'm aware of and every level of government agency from local to federal.

"What's wrong with this picture" is the rush some (many?) have to crap over anything and everything they can, even if it means they have to manufacture it, when it comes to Trump.

I've never in my life had any agency I worked for that allowed people to post whatever they felt like posting in the name of the agency. Ever. Period.

I would think it was strange.

Which is why people in "finance" get told to refer questions to the agency's media contact and not post answers on Facebook just because they saw the question first.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Unproven science is nothing more than personal beliefs, which has no place in government. It's no different than keeping public areas free of religion.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

These agencies belong to the country and if the information isn't classified it should be available to the public

I just read through your whole thread - I don't know what to say. This is really happening

This should be funny (and - it is) but I can't help but think about what they're actually saying out loud, but not out loud. I guess this going to be our new way forward:

Link and Link

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

What this is is less transparency. Trump knows that the science supports keeping the environment healthy (like in the case of global warming) and he doesn't want this information to leak. I think Republicans don't like protecting the environment because it is bad for business.
edit on 25amWed, 25 Jan 2017 05:13:33 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
For the past decade, the Sunlight Foundation has advocated for all branches of the federal government to use modern technologies to inform and engage the American people, from social media to websites. We adamantly oppose measures that limit disclosing documents and data to the public, particularly the publication of scientific papers, research and analysis, or public access to government scientists or technologists that can explain the findings.

The Sunlight Foundation is a national, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that uses technology, open data, policy analysis and journalism to make our government and politics more accountable and transparent to all. Our vision is for technology to enable more complete, equitable and effective democratic participation. Our overarching goal is to achieve changes in the law to require real-time, online transparency for all government information. And, while our work began in 2006 with only a focus on the U.S. Congress, our open government work now takes place at the local, state, federal and international levels.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join