It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump bans EPA employees from giving social media updates

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Profusion

I take the story linked above as an ominous sign. It seems like the type of thing a tyrant would do.

I hope Trump supporters will be willing to be unbiased enough to occasionally criticize Trump. I haven't seen that happening enough yet.

Of course it is the type of thing a tyrant would do.

As for the ardent Trump supporters, Trump would have to literally 'shoot someone in the street.' before they criticize him.

I thought about this, no they wouldn't, they would still find a way to normalize it and glorify their new god.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Profusion

I take the story linked above as an ominous sign. It seems like the type of thing a tyrant would do.

I hope Trump supporters will be willing to be unbiased enough to occasionally criticize Trump. I haven't seen that happening enough yet.

Of course it is the type of thing a tyrant would do.

As for the ardent Trump supporters, Trump would have to literally 'shoot someone in the street.' before they criticize him.

I thought about this, no they wouldn't, they would still find a way to normalize it and glorify their new god.

I thought the same after I typed.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Good point. I've worked places where doing so would get you fired pretty quick. Question is, can he do this? I'm guessing the answer is yes but not sure. Fidnt the previous administration have a gag order on the "climate scientists"?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
What a bunch of fascist Nazis.
As a former government employee I know that agencies have official media pages for putting out news about what the agencies are doing, educating the public, advertising internships or what have you.

This is not about people posting anti-trump stuff from work systems, except for the Park system ban the other day which apparently was in reaction to anti-Trump posts.

This is overreach and out of control.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043.

It'd be funny if my tax dollars weren't involved.

I have a buddy that works at Dept of Transportation in DC. He tells me when you walk into an area filled with those half height cubicles, you can see all the peoples screens and they are all surfing the web.

Burns me up. I'm an independent contractor and barely have time to get my work done much less surf the web all day. And my tax dollars help support these losers.

I have other stories like this. Hope they get rid of the contractors and make the govvies do the work for a change!! (I don't do govt contracting anymore btw).

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
So government scientists can't talk about their research until the Trump admin OK's it.

Anyone that thinks this is a good idea drinks their Kool Aid through a fire hose.

What's good for the goose....

Remember this nugget?

Obama Administration Silences Climate Skeptic

edit on 24-1-2017 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Actions have reactions. Positive/Negative.

That pretty much covers the next four years.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
So let me understand this. The employees are banned, but Trump can wake up at 3:36am and go on a twitter rampage whenever someone insults him?

You voted him in. Pat yourself on the back Trump Supporter.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Confirmed : Trump starts banning things
www.theguardian.com...

Either you piss outwards of the tent .... or not, it would seem

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

But Obama would never do that right?

Obama Silences Climate Skeptic

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

No, Trump would have to shoot their child before they see the truth. Not some random person; they can rationalize that until the cows come home. He has to effect them in a major way and personally.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
As soon as you linked to BuzzFeed and Huffington Post I dismissed the story completely.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gernblan

Read further, I posted an R-friendly source for folks like thou.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

You have a habit of hit & run posts as evidenced in your anti-Russia WW3 threads; as that didnt pan out I guess you're trying another tact.
The least you could do is look at more than 1 source, in the name of denying ignorance

www.washingtontimes.com...

President Donald Trump has barred staff at the Environmental Protection Agency fromissuing any new contracts or grants, and has ordered a media blackout until his nominee to lead the agency, Scott Pruitt, is confirmed by Congress.

“The Trump administration has also ordered what it called a temporary suspension of all new business activitiesat the department, including issuing task orders or work assignments to EPA contractors. The orders were expected to have a significant and immediate impact on EPA activities nationwide, the AP reported. What great news for an agency with a history of executive overreach and lawlessness (using the Clean Power Plan to wipe out the coal industry, expanding its authority to lay claim on any pond or waterway, colluding with environmental groups to expand their power through rule-making).

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You do realize the EPA has a history of covering up stuff, right?

Fukushima, Deep Water Horizon , Flint and so on.......

I would clean house if I was president.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
That`s a very prudent action to take, to make sure that every thing is looked over before using tax payer money for grants etc.
In his final weeks and days in office Obama has proved that no sleezy,unethical and possibly illegal action was below him.
we need to make sure that in his final days of scorched earth policies that he didn`t try to use the EPA or any other government agency to funnel tax payer money to any of his sleezy supporters or buddies,or even himself.

it`s unfortunate that these actions have become necessary to protect the tax payers but Obama proved that he is not a trustworthy person

edit on 24-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I see the spin masters are already hard at work in this thread.

Damn

You guys are good

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
a reply to: reldra

No, Trump would have to shoot their child before they see the truth. Not some random person; they can rationalize that until the cows come home. He has to effect them in a major way and personally.

You are giving them too much credit - they will rather disown their own children than hold the Dear Leader accountable.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

This is getting hilarious & sad at the same time. In case any body actually does some critical thinking...
the Public relations department of any agency, perhaps the Director at times are the ones who deal with disseminating information to the general public. Why would anyone think it usual practice for say any and all to communicate with the public?
Would you not think it strange that the finance dept of the EPA gave out opinions on studies of emissions of vehicle rather than the scientist of the EPA?

"What's wrong with this picture" is everybody blissfully ignoring the phrase "under the agency's name." That's policy for most employers I'm aware of and every level of government agency from local to federal.

"What's wrong with this picture" is the rush some (many?) have to crap over anything and everything they can, even if it means they have to manufacture it, when it comes to Trump.

I've never in my life had any agency I worked for that allowed people to post whatever they felt like posting in the name of the agency. Ever. Period.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

It wouldnt be upto Trump, its usually written into employment contracts and enforced by the CEO/Director. I'm not trying to be rude to you but when was the last time you signed an employment contract that didnt include confidentiality clauses?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join