It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A hypothesis about social engineering by bigbrother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think that bigbrother sometimes manipulates by means of social engineering. Let me give you an example:

* bigbrother does not want, for his own reasons, that the targeted individual succeeds in organizing an art market
* targeted individual mails newsletter to 2,000 artists, with phone number and email address
* targeted individual gets no reactions, no takers (thats already suspect), but has from personal artist friends network 15 people that want to participate
* thats not enough (targeted individual needs 50 artists that want to buy a stand)
* so targeted individual finds an market organizer A that wants to make a partly common market and partly art market of it
* now bigbrother, who is almighty and knows everything, starts plotting, starts social engineering
* he finds out that one of his agents or informants is an acquaintance of the biggest market organizer competitor B of market organizer A
* bigbrother lets this agent or informant tip competitor B about the deal, and manipulative instructs him or even bribes him
* competitor B now goes to City Hall to complain and to manipulate the municipality license providers to tighten the rules about an A-Event license
* targeted individual license revoked by City Hall
* bigbrother happy

This is my version of the story, license providers did not want to tell who tipped them, they only said "I heard sounds" still don't know

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
By some social "classes" Social engineering is considered an art and a science.

That will tell you enough.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
By some social "classes" Social engineering is considered an art and a science.

That will tell you enough.

hackers use social engineering, for instance to manipulate company employees over the telephone to rip off passwords, maybe there are multiple meanings for "social engineering"

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: galien8

Social engineering in My book is:

Providing news and education in a way to get an PRE determined goal and reaction of the majority or minority, better yet:

Getting a target group to react and act in a predetermined way, and use all resources available to achieve that goal without care for truth or facts.

The goal holeys the actions.

Bad, bad, bad.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

Social engineering in My book is:

Providing news and education in a way to get an PRE determined goal and reaction of the majority or minority, better yet:

Getting a target group to react and act in a predetermined way, and use all resources available to achieve that goal without care for truth or facts.

The goal holeys the actions.

Bad, bad, bad.

Better word neuro linguistic manipulation (lying) instead of neuro linguistic programming (therapy)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I understand your way of thinking.

NLP is a technique. It can be used for good or bad, with or without lying.

Of-course we can debate if the use of the technique is a good thing in all.

Difficult, because some people use it without themselves even knowing.

Natural NLP .. in other words, making your case in the most convincing way for the person(s) you are talking to.
edit on 24-1-2017 by EartOccupant because: Polar shift

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Kevin Mitnick

Do a bit of research on the man above.

His book "The Art of Deception"

He was on the run from the FBI for 10+ years.
He was one step ahead by listening to the agents voice mail.

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

first, i need a hypothesis on "big brother"

what can you come up with?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You don't talk about social engineering? Just that you suck at your job.
There's a German saying
"With sh1t on your shoes bad luck follows you"
Also a hint of Murphys Law.

Is bigbrother how you named your ego? That's the only problem I was able to identify in your list.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Now that you know their moves play chess with them.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Social engineering is a forced intentional stance toward an idea.
To combat the phenomena is to do anti-social engineering, (note the hyphen)
To do what Mitnick talks about is Antisocial Engineering, no hyphen.
Google that...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

You don't talk about social engineering? Just that you suck at your job.
There's a German saying
"With sh1t on your shoes bad luck follows you"
Also a hint of Murphys Law.

Is bigbrother how you named your ego? That's the only problem I was able to identify in your list.

YOU suck at reading, I gave an example

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TucsonOne

Kevin Mitnick

Do a bit of research on the man above.

His book "The Art of Deception"

He was on the run from the FBI for 10+ years.
He was one step ahead by listening to the agents voice mail.

Peace

Thanks! en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

first, i need a hypothesis on "big brother"

what can you come up with?

bigbrother from "big brother is watching you" is the godfather (capo di tuti capi) of the mafia inside the pan global conglomerate of secret services, a kind of secret service inside the secret services:

He is almighty and knows everything, hears everything can do anything to you, so therefore you must never say bigbrotherdammit, because than you provoke bigbrother to doom, curse and work against you

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: briantaylor
Social engineering is a forced intentional stance toward an idea.
To combat the phenomena is to do anti-social engineering, (note the hyphen)
To do what Mitnick talks about is Antisocial Engineering, no hyphen.
Google that...

en.wikipedia.org...

its mentioned on that page in connection with hacking, by the way

edit on 2017-1-25 by galien8 because: typo

edit on 2017-1-25 by galien8 because: typo

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Now that you know their moves play chess with them.

...if you don't play, you can't win... Hans Wynberg, OSS officer WW2, my Chemistry Graduation Professor

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Sounds like you're relating some personal experience here. You can get blacklisted for anything that is deemed a threat to the status quo, but IMO it is most likely is a local level thing. I've come to conclude that most every organization is corrupt and playing by a different set of rules then what the novice is lead to believe. Playing it straight and by the book is asking, no begging, to get shut down before it gets started.

The wise guys know that the law is for suckers and that the big boys play the game differently. However, I'm not trying to convince anyone to become dirty to succeed, but if you do manage to make it big playing the straight game, you'll become a bigger target and get hit anyway. Just my opinion, but I've found it to be true in my experience.
edit on 25-1-2017 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

Sounds like you're relating some personal experience here. You can get blacklisted for anything that is deemed a threat to the status quo, but IMO it is most likely is a local level thing. I've come to conclude that most every organization is corrupt and playing by a different set of rules then what the novice is lead to believe. Playing it straight and by the book is asking, no begging, to get shut down before it gets started.

The wise guys know that the law is for suckers and that the big boys play the game differently. However, I'm not trying to convince anyone to become dirty to succeed, but if you do manage to make it big playing the straight game, you'll become a bigger target and get hit anyway. Just my opinion, but I've found it to be true in my experience.

ALL TRUE!!!! But act never against The Ten Commandments:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
There's only 1 type of social engineering you should 'worry' about (and with "worry" I mean consider and deal with wisely, and with "1 type" I'm lumping all the subtypes into 1 type from the same source who likes to present and promote many philosophies and views of reality, 'divide and confuse':

Who really rules the world?

The spirit of the world

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

There's only 1 type of social engineering you should 'worry' about (and with "worry" I mean consider and deal with wisely, and with "1 type" I'm lumping all the subtypes into 1 type from the same source who likes to present and promote many philosophies and views of reality, 'divide and confuse':

"divide and confuse" so true they do (actually its terrorism)

"big brother is watching you" is the beast from the sea, the 7 heads are the 7 families, the 7 crowns are the 7 mafia godfathers of the commission, the 10 horns are the 10 major secret services

join