It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emperor Has No Facts — Sean Spicer Confirms Trump's Delusions

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Normalcy matters too. Ever think of that?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst
a reply to: DJW001

I'm delusional? hahahahaha Thank you! I needed a laugh ...

Your laughter is tinged with madness. Seek help... even an exorcism if necessary.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

um Sillyolme, are you a cantankerous old lady?

My apologies if you aren't.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I'd have to Excorcize you then, because you are the root of my MADNESS muahahahah

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I didn't assign a value to either. You did that.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Yes. Nothing is normal about trump.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Oh you did, then doubled down. It's recorded.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Where?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

according to ?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I can't deny that possibly some illegals voted. But I think the idea that 3 to 5 million of them did is ridiculous and dumb and impossible to believe without some evidence to prove it.

What Trump BELIEVES doesn't matter to one bit either. Because what matters is what the facts are and not what someone BELIEVES.

Your idea that biometrics or some other such idea tells me you're loyal minion ready to follow any would be dictator and what they BELIEVE rather than what is actually happening.

Because he has nothing but his fanciful and incorrect BELIEFS and no evidence of anything which means he's just crazy and you're following a crazy person.

What's wrong with finger printing in order to obtain an I.D.?

Also if you have a hunch (a belief) you investigate. The investigation may very well produce evidence of fraud. I'm all for the investigation because as you agreed it is a real possibility that there was fraudulent voting.

If you suspect someone MIGHT be stealing from the till you don't just sit back and do nothing. You INVESTIGATE.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well I believe Trump is reaching this conclusion from analyzing data regarding past voting numbers from illegal aliens. In 2008 it was found that as many as 2.8 million illegal aliens voted in the election. Providing that this data is accurate and with the amount of illegal aliens entering our country increasing, I believe it is perfectly rational to conclude that 3-5 million illegal aliens probably voted in the 2016 presidential election.

Source: www.investors.com...
www.sciencedirect.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: buttmugger5000

The conclusions of the Richman, Chattha, and Earnest (2014) analysis were disputed by the folks who conducted the survey (and maintained the database). You can read the article here. You should give it a read. Here's a few excerpts though:

This example parallels the reliability and vote rates in the CCES 2010-2012 panel survey. From this we conclude that measurement error almost certainly explains the observed voting rate among self-identified non-citizens in the CCES—as reported by Richman and his colleagues. We develop this in three steps.

Third, the panel shows clear evidence that the respondents who were identified as non-citizen voters by Richman et al. were misclassified. Clearly misclassified observations are the 20 respondents who reported being citizens in 2010 and non-citizens in 2012. Of those 20 respondents, a total of 3 respondents are classified by Catalist as having voted in 2010. Additionally, exactly 1 person is estimated to have voted in 2010, having been a non-citizen in 2010 and a citizen in 2012. (Note: This might not be an error as the person could have legally become a citizen in the intervening two years.) Both of these categories might include some citizens who are incorrectly classified as non-citizens in one of the waves.

Importantly, the group with the lowest likelihood of classification errors consists of those who reported being non-citizens in both 2010 and 2012. In this set, 0 percent of respondents cast valid votes. That is, among the 85 respondents who reported being non-citizens in 2010 and non-citizens in 2012, there are 0 valid voters for 2010.

Fourth, the probability that the observed voters in the non-voter category are in fact citizens who have been misclassified is nearly 1. The expected number of citizens who are identified as non-citizens is 19 (0.1 percent times 18,878). The sample contains 105 persons who are identified as non-citizens in 2012. Assuming that the vote rate among citizens is .7, then the expected number of citizen voters who are classified as non-citizens is 13. Hence, we expect in a sample of 105 non-citizen persons that there would be 13 people who are in fact citizen voters but misclassified as non-citizens. The actual number of observed is only 4 (3 in 2010 and 1 in 2012). This is much lower than the expected number. Hence the probability that these 4 cases are in fact citizens identified as non-citizens is nearly 1.

You see, the estimates are based on a TINY TINY TINY number of respondents:

There is a measurement error of 0.1%. Those who responded to the survey were nearly all citizens. It's expected that of 18,878 respondents who are acutally citizens, .1% will missclassify (check the wrong box) — 19 respondents. Now 70% of citizens who responded also voted. So that's 13 citizens who could have been expected to have both voted and responded in error for the citizenship question (checked the wrong box).

What really drives it home is that of the 85 respondents answering non-citizen in both 2010 and 2012, NONE of them voted/attempted to vote. So in the end, we're talking about extrapolating from the unreliable answers of a couple dozen survey respondents — within the measurement error — that 3 to 5 million people voted illegally in 2016.

That's what it all comes down to. It's absolute madness.
edit on 2017-1-25 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

My only contention is that there are many polls/surveys that reach similar conclusions, and that conclusion is illegal alien voting does occur. As you know, these findings are always deeply contested due to the partisan nature of the claims, but the facts remain as follows:

1. Non-citizen voting does occur (no matter how small it may be, we can both agree that to some percentage it has and does happen right?)
2. Non-citizen voting is easy
3. There are few, if any, deterrents to non-citizen voting

Hopefully we can agree that all non-citizen voting is unacceptable and steps should be taken to reduce this vulnerability to our voting system. The best method to combat this vulnerability would be to require voter identification. This would be similar to how identification is required for numerous things in daily life. I believe this would be a more than fair compromise between both sides. Trump's claims can help spur this discussion and hopefully result in its implementation.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The question is: would Trump have won the popular vote? More importantly: why does the President care?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

The question is: would Trump have won the popular vote?

Well due to our voting systems current vulnerabilities, this is something that we cannot accurately determine, but the facts are:

1. Trump received fewer votes than Hillary from American citizens and Illegal Aliens
2. Trump won the electoral college and is the current President

why does the President care?

He cares because he has a sensitive ego and because the current voting system's vulnerabilities need to be corrected to prevent foreign citizens from actively participating in our presidential election. I believe Trump's goal is to gain support from the public and congress to prepares a bill for Voter Identification requirements. As president in the executive branch of government, he must persuade or convince members of congress to prepare a bill for a vote to enact this into law. This may seem foreign because our previous president would often violate the constitution and skip this step.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
People, he is not just talking about illegal immigrant voters, he is talking about all illegal voting.

That means he is also talking about votes from deceased people, and multiple votes of people across states, and including illegal immigrant votes.

It is documented that deceased people have voted in the past.
It is documented that dual state registration does take place. Someone who has a residence in Arizona and California can easily cross the border and vote again.
On top of that illegal immigrant voting is very popular in California which is arguably the state responsible for Hillary's popular vote win. The Democrats that control California allow illegal immigrant voters so they can vote Democrat and stay in control.

Research it, you will find the truth.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonfamily
It is documented that dual state registration does take place.

You mean like his daughter, and some of his cabinet nominee's?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Yes. Dual registration does take place, especially if you have multiple residences.

It's only illegal if you actually vote more than once though, just FYI.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

BUHAHAHAHAHA... It appears that the ego of many in the left is making them forget all the "problems and errors" that have been occurring under the Obama administration... Such as giving citizenship to people who were to be deported, or having the left change legislature in several states not requiring identification to vote. Or what about the "dead people" who are still somehow voting? etc, etc... But hey, there is no voter fraud, theantideluvian tells you so...

But of course we get the radical left-wingers now trying to claim this is not true...

edit on 27-1-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The question is: would Trump have won the popular vote? More importantly: why does the President care?

Yes.

Because the lying media and Hollywood are making BS claims again about popularity.

..why do you and the media care...and the president should therefore not??

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join