It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emperor Has No Facts — Sean Spicer Confirms Trump's Delusions

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So is CNN..

""Lying has worked for Donald Trump -- so why stop now?""

www.cnn.com...

CNN knows that its days are numbered, so the network preparing to go down the drain slinging all the arrows it can manufacture.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler So in a nut shell, I hope that this leads to an investigation and Voter ID laws to ensure that voter fraud is not occurring.

You are in there somewhere, but it is the same story. First off I agree that a person coming to vote has but one option, have a proper ID then put his/her x on the spot, however nothing else. The electronic voters are crap, have been shown to to register multiple votes in seconds using simple apps. The variance of the machines aptitude also depends on where they are used, most are offline, some are not, but mostly that they are easily vulnerable, even at the point of use and should never be used.
But that shows the big problem, Bona fide ID's votes that can be thrown into the tank, as much as is liked. The caveat there is the low percentage of voters in most elections, so perhaps a cat and mouse game of who did and who didn't.
Along come the bean counters to make estimates...computers models, since that is all there is in that sector, the result could be anything within those parameters from the sublime to the ridiculous, but probably a deal of leeway all according to.
edit on 24-1-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Interesting, because you have to be able to prove a lie, which includes intent.

That's not true in the US. The Government itself doesn't have "free speech", but the press does. The government doesn't have the right to censor free speech.

In the USA, the offended party has to prove, in this case, the New York Times lied in order to prove libel.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

So is CNN..

""Lying has worked for Donald Trump -- so why stop now?""

www.cnn.com...

CNN knows that its days are numbered, so the network preparing to go down the drain slinging all the arrows it can manufacture.

For their sake I hope they have the exact details of the words he used in that meeting and they support that claim. This is not even a statement he had made publicly. The press conference later gave the only official response of 'he believes' it based on studies. That position can not be a lie in any way.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Interesting, because you have to be able to prove a lie, which includes intent.

That's not true in the US. The Government itself doesn't have "free speech", but the press does. The government doesn't have the right to censor free speech.

In the USA, the offended party has to prove, in this case, the New York Times lied in order to prove libel.

Thanks.
Have they not accused him personally though? Including when he was not President.
They did not say the govt lied.
What's the position there?
edit on 24/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Quoting NPR is almost as silly as you thinking Hillary knows how to send emails.
You really believe the bullshi* you shovel?
Theantediluvian has no facts of any worth.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I don't care what evidence he shows or doesn't show. I know what I saw with my own eyes in Texas in November. Taco trucks were registering people to vote and telling them how to vote without a photo ID. These trucks were mostly in high traffic latino areas and the reason was to increase latino participation rates, though the claim is that it was non-partisan.

Texas voter ID law is simple. You need one of these with your photo on it:

Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
Texas license to carry a handgun issued by DPS
United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
United States passport

However, as the taco truck employees were telling people, if you dont have one of those photo ID's just use one of these:

Valid voter registration certificate
Certified birth certificate (must be an original)
Copy of or original current utility bill
Copy of or original bank statement
Copy of or original government check
Copy of or original paycheck
Copy of or original government document with your name and an address (original required if it contains a photograph)

link

Texas, which has a huge undocumented alien population, passed some voter ID laws to help prevent voter fraud. Then the democrats, via taco trucks of all things, show up to tell people how to avoid the photo requirement. What amazes me is that if you have an original government document with your name and address on it, it has to have your photo also. If it doesn't have your photo, it doesn't have to be an original, a copy will do. Who can't come up with a COPY of a utility bill, real or fake, that looks like a copy of a utility bill???

Does anyone actually think, with methods of evasion this simple, that this didn't happen? Really?
edit on 24-1-2017 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

To be fair, Trump has called the media liars. He's used the term quite freely.

Trump is no longer a private citizen. He's the President of the United States. He's never not the President and he's never "off duty". When he addresses Congress, The Press or The People, he does so as a figurehead of the US government, a government official. He can't suppress criticism as President, because the government isn't allowed to impinge on free speech or the freedom of the press.

As an private individual claiming injury in a libel suit in the US, the injured party has to prove that the individual lied maliciously or with grievace negligence, that resulted in damages to the individual. Innocent, until proven guilty.

edit on 24-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Why is it astounding? Did not Barack Obozo encourage his illegals to undermine the system by voting?

Actually, no he didn't encourage illegals to vote. There was a chopped up clip from an interview that Obama did with actress Gina Rodriguez which was shown by Fox Business News personality Neil Cavuto who has recently gone of the deep end:

"What is it like not to be liked? It's not fun, is it?" said Cavuto, wondering why CNN and other outlets were silent when Fox News reporters were dismissed or treated unfairly by President Obama.

"Now you're experiencing what we have been living," he said to CNN, playing numerous clips of Obama mocking Fox News through the years.

"The irony is I feel your pain. You never came to our defense, so allow me to come to yours. You are better than Buzzfeed. ... Isn't it obnoxious and unfair how some celebrate your plight? Kind of feels like the way you celebrated ours, doesn't it? They say payback's a bitch. If only you would take a moment to rewind the tape and see the shoe was on the other foot, or am I confusing it with the one now kicking you in the ass?" said Cavuto.

There are layers of irony here but not what Neil is blathering about. Can anyone point out which of the CNN hosts would go on a similar rant? I digress. The video shown on Cavuto was misleading.

Based on Cavuto's "reporting" the claim was echoed by sloppy TGP, fake news BizPacReview, etc. Here's the full interview:

Firstly, note that Gina Rodriguez is American-born (Chicago) to American parents from Puerto Rico. Here's the transcript of the part in question (started at 3:23 or so in the full video):

Rodriguez: Many of the millenials, dreamers, undocumented ah...citizens ... and I call them citizens cause they contribute to this country, are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

Obama: Not true. And the reason is.. first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself and there's not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating, etc. The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for.

If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented then you have an even greater reason to vote.

Rodriguez: This has been a huge fear presented especially during this election.

Obama: The reason that fear is promoted is because they don't want people voting. People are discouraged from voting. And part of what is important for latino citizens, is to make your voice heard because you're not just speaking for yourself, you're speaking for family members, friends, classmates of yours in school — who may not have a voice — who can't legally vote but they're counting on you to make sure you have the courage to make your voice heard.

Ms. Rodriguez's question wasn't phrased well but it's clear from Obama's answer that he's answering it as I believe it was meant. That is to say that American citizens with illegal family members are fearful of voting because they believe it could trigger an investigation that would uncover the illegal status of their family members, resuling in their deportation.

Obama states repeatedly that he's encouraging legal citizens to vote, in this case latinos. Notice where Cavuto chopped it off?

"The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential"

He couldn't even make it to the end of the sentence? Why? Because in a mere seven words, the false narrative Cavuto was creating — a false narrative that has been trickled down to you and others in this thread — would have been revealed for what it was.

Just thought I'd point that out. Neil Cavuto is a hack and a hypocrite and no, Obama didn't encourage illegals to vote.
edit on 2017-1-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Star for typing that out and trying to convince me ...

but, "No."

... you cannot tell me that wasn't an attempt to encourage illegal aliens to vote.

First, look who the interview was with and which community it represented.

Second, (and a small credit to you for pointing it out) Ms. Rodriguez's question wasn't phrased well it was horribly phrased. And why was that? Why did she stumble right there? Because it was an attempt to obfuscate the legal message and make it appear to be a concession.

Third, how many similar 'interviews' do we remember Obozo engaging in sans teleprompter? Huh? This thing was very well scripted and tightly executed ... much like many of the 'personal' appearances staged by Obozo. His PR team wouldn't ever let him fall into a trap where he would be crucified publicly. They'd have had that show re-taped a dozen times to prevent any slip of the tongue from burying his presidency.

But, any rational being can see what they meant to have happen. And, if he wanted to discourage illegals from voting ... he could have discouraged that in a strait forward manner by saying that non-citizens needed to stay the Hell away from the polls to avoid any appearance of 'additional' illegal activity. Or else!! ... he'd be doing what Donald Trump is about to: Throw the bastards out!!

But, he didn't do that did he? And (while I don't know), he didn't challenge the veracity of Cavuto's report either, did he?

Says a lot.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I gotta say, I'm sure enjoying the creative thread titles all you lefties are coming up with lately. Props to you!
Also, to stay on topic....he's right. Illegal voters are a thing.
You'd see that, if it wasn't so convenient for you to ignore it.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Do you think there are illegal immigrants living in America?
If so how many?
Now, after answering the top to questions how many do you think vote illegally?

About 3-4 million

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: avgguy

What we need is evidence to support the claim.

Individual guesses about illegal immigrants followed up by more guess work about how many of them voted is anything but evidence of anything.

If you had any evidence to support illegal voting you wouldn't need to ask random people to answer those questions and imply that they are meaningful. You could actually provide some evidence for what your saying. But you can't so you rely on unsupported implications and guess work.

But you don't deny that it IS a possibility that 3-4 million illegals voted do you? If you do then you aren't being intellectually honest here.

That being said, Trump States that he BELIEVES millions of illegals voted. I for one acknowledge that it is indeed very possible. And that fact alone tells us that we need to do something about it.

My answer is bio metrics for all government issued ID's and an identification requirement for voting.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I can't deny that possibly some illegals voted. But I think the idea that 3 to 5 million of them did is ridiculous and dumb and impossible to believe without some evidence to prove it.

What Trump BELIEVES doesn't matter to one bit either. Because what matters is what the facts are and not what someone BELIEVES.

Your idea that biometrics or some other such idea tells me you're loyal minion ready to follow any would be dictator and what they BELIEVE rather than what is actually happening.

Because he has nothing but his fanciful and incorrect BELIEFS and no evidence of anything which means he's just crazy and you're following a crazy person.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Not three to five million.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

How can I when he keeps getting in his own way lying to congress, to us. Jesus just get down to friggin working and stfu about the election. It's over with. He needs to just move on.
He didn't win the most votes and he's not exactly loved by the people. Oh well. Too bad.
Get over it trump.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I've already got him penciled in as my daily entertainment fella.

So far he hasn't disappointed in that respect.
My husband and I both laugh at him.
My hubby refers to him as s___-head

He comes running to me in the garden or kitchen saying "You want believe what S-head did now"
So yeah. He's entertaining.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I've already got him penciled in as my daily entertainment fella.

So far he hasn't disappointed in that respect.
My husband and I both laugh at him.
My hubby refers to him as s___-head

He comes running to me in the garden or kitchen saying "You want believe what S-head did now"
So yeah. He's entertaining.

Have you ever been involved and up to date on politics to this level before?
I've spoken to a lot of people who are more engaged now than they have ever been in their lives.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

How can I when he keeps getting in his own way lying to congress, to us. Jesus just get down to friggin working and stfu about the election. It's over with. He needs to just move on.
He didn't win the most votes and he's not exactly loved by the people. Oh well. Too bad.
Get over it trump.

Someone needs to get over it.....

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

No, Trump needs to get over it. He is not loved by the people, he is not the popular candidate. If he were he would have won the popular vote.

Those are facts he can not accept and facts that his supporters deny.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join