It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emperor Has No Facts — Sean Spicer Confirms Trump's Delusions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: EartOccupant

It's an astounding claim to make.

Why is it astounding? Did not Barack Obozo encourage his illegals to undermine the system by voting?

(star for the rest of your post BTW)

Yes he did. He effectively went on TV and told illegals to vote by saying there would be no punishment.
Given his lax attitude to stopping illegal immigration, the high end of the study estimate of 2.8m for 2008 could have been much higher in 2016.

There is really no way to tell the exact number, or even get a reliable estimate, however there is data to suggest a significant number of illegal aliens voting and also against a back drop of lax immigration control.

Against that back drop it would make sense for a full study to be carried out by the govt and also for tight controls on voter ID. The risk is real.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Do non-citizens vote in US elections - scholarly study

There is evidence to back the claim.

Power Line notes some issues with the AP Story.

During a bipartisan reception with lawmakers at the White House Monday evening, Trump claimed the reason he’d lost the popular vote to his Democratic rival was that 3 million to 5 million immigrants living in the U.S. illegally had voted. That’s according to a Democratic aide familiar with the exchange who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the private meeting.

First off, this is a quote from the AP original. First off, we have the old "condition of anonymity" used to cite their source.

So, Trump lied ... according to anonymous source.

What about the AP’s flat assurance that “[t]here is no evidence to support Trump’s claim”? If Trump said that three million illegal immigrants voted in the election, the AP is simply wrong. There is evidence to support that claim. This study by professors from Old Dominion and James Mason Universities concluded that as many as 2.8 million illegals voted in the 2008 and 2010 elections, and the illegal immigrant population has continued to grow. The study also found that:

this [illegal] participation has been large enough to change meaningful election outcomes including Electoral College votes, and Congressional elections. Non-citizen votes likely gave Senate Democrats the pivotal 60th vote needed to overcome filibusters in order to pass health care reform and other Obama administration priorities in the 111th Congress.

That would be the study I linked to above to give direct proof that it does indeed exist in case anyone misses the link inside the Power Line post.

If the study found evidence that as many as 2.8 million illegals voted back in 2008 and 2010, than does anyone think that number went down this time considering that Obama himself told them there would be no repercussions for their vote even though it was illegal for them to do it?

Also, consider that there have only been more illegals in this country since those two elections.

Do we know for sure? No, but to claim there is no evidence to make this supposition is as false as to say that anyone can know for sure they popular vote margin was completely decided by illegal votes.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
a reply to: theantediluvian

Does it make you take a pause and wonder why your posts line up perfectly with the narrative from a media that is clearly partisan and has agenda? Or do you just figure, "that means I'm right!"?

There's another poster here making far more divisive threads with one-line OP's and a link to the most ridculous of stories, night after night, after night for a year now. At the very least Anti puts meat on the bones, and bare anyone tries to discuss it, rather they just take the opposing political line bias, while accusing Anti of bias. Wonderful atitude.
The fact is, your President is an inveterate liar, not for the good of any country, but for himself, for his own ego, you'd better get used. It looks even like Spicer has already got used...keeping himself out of the fray. Pretty obvious isn't it.
The thing is Trump has been caught lying so many times, because so often it's his only defense.

One day, the penny might drop, and reality will drop in. Even Spicer is a bit in doggy doo doo if the media take it to him, he talked a lot about the 35 Russian diplomats expelled from the US and that there was nothing like it before, a few weeks ago, yet Trump has now come out and said it was the Russians...or somebody, makes Spicer look a bit stupid doesn't it?
Then there is the other thing, the day Trump took office, all bar three American Ambassadors got their marching cards, effective immediate, no waiting time..out. The American ambassasdor to China is one of those that were left.
Yeah, sure it the usual to change ambassadors, but it is very unusual to kick them out without a period of grace.
Personally I wouldn't call that unusual on the Donald's part, I would call it his pig ignorance in manners at the very least. Whatever, I don't see Spicer hanging around for too long, but we'll see.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's quite simple:

The fact that an illegal could/can vote... Is enough to establish that some of them did.

Now.. How many ?

That will not be agreed on this past election, it's simply not possible.

What do we know:

1. A Media who exaggerated the stands on illegals from Trump
2. A Sitting president encouraging illegals, stating no actions against it.
3. Millions of illegals fearing their position

1+2+3= Millions

Hard prove ? No.

Common sense: Yes?

edit on 24-1-2017 by EartOccupant because: The A and B field create the G field

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Against that back drop it would make sense for a full study to be carried out by the govt and also for tight controls on voter ID. The risk is real.

Left to me, I would forego any study.

Simply round up the illegals, take them to the southern border, and put them to work on the wall. Personally, I would prefer a pyramid, but anything yuuuge will suffice.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm about to fire up some burgers but I want to get this out before I do.

First off, this is a quote from the AP original. First off, we have the old "condition of anonymity" used to cite their source. So, Trump lied ... according to anonymous source.

Spicer confirmed it:

"My point to you is, to ask us on day two, he made a comment last night on something he's believed for a long, long time"

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The word is : Believe

Next ting.. you want prove of God because people believe in God.

Slippery lane.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant
I think Trumpster took everyone by surprise

And to judge by his 'comportement'

Trump is the MOST surprised

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

The word is : Believe

Next ting.. you want prove of God because people believe in God.

Slippery lane.

This is an important point - he said he 'believed' this to be the case in a meeting with his team and members of Congress.
Somebody leaked the conversation and the MSM are running with it as a big claim with no word from Trump himself or what he actually said, duly followed by the usual people pushing the 'Trump bad' agenda.

Forget all the BS, given it's a big topic of conversation, just end the uncertainty and implement voter ID laws nationwide.
edit on 24/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
From auntie beeb : Trump's voter fraud claim 'based on evidence'

President Donald Trump believes that millions of people voted illegally in the US election based on "studies and evidence", the White House has said. Press secretary Sean Spicer said Mr Trump "does believe that", but offered no evidence to support the claim when pressed by reporters.

To re-iterate : The Don 'believes'

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

This is an important point - he said he 'believed' this to be the case in a meeting with his team and members of Congress.
Somebody leaked the conversation and the MSM are running with it as a big claim with no word from Trump himself or what he actually said, duly followed by the usual people pushing the 'Trump bad' agenda.

What? Now you're saying that Trump may not have even made the claim that 3-5 million illegals voted for Hillary?

Forget all the BS, given it's a big topic of conversation, just end the uncertainty and implement voter ID laws nationwide.

What's to stop these "illegals" from getting fraudulent IDs. Most of them that are working already have fake SS#s and DLs.

edit on 24-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

edit on 24-1-2017 by EartOccupant because: EMP

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I asked the OP a few open and honoust questions about his intentions and motivation.
He answered, and i thanked him, but not on the subject.

For me, that's enough. End of discussion, all hope lost.
No content, cherry picking.

I resign from this topic.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here's to 8 years of troll threads. Each one more medicated than the last.

This one really needs new hobbies..

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You know what, it's very possible that a bunch of illegal ballots may have been cast. Why don't we wait to find out? What makes you think you know the truth?

What is a known fact is that in California they do give driver's licenses to illegal aliens and I know for a fact that when you vote in California they don't check your immigration status. So it is very very very very possible actually.
edit on 24-1-2017 by gernblan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN

Another Trump thread antidiluv?

Can you post something different for once? It would be nice this is getting boring.

Why do you click when you see this poster and Trump if you are so dreadfully bored? Is someone in your home forcing you to do this? If so, it is a crime and you should call the authorities.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

...and what's the media spending more time doing today? Reporting on the pipelines and environmental policy changes... or whining over Spicer's throw away commentaries on inauguration attendance and now the popular vote? The media is getting played, masterfully.

Dance puppets, DANCE!

Of course, they aren't reporting actual events, because those events cause Trump to look bad. It must be a PLAN!

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: gernblan
You know what, it's very possible that a bunch of illegal ballots may have been cast. Why don't we wait to find out? What makes you think you know the truth?

What is a known fact is that in California they do give driver's licenses to illegal aliens and I know for a fact that when you vote in California they don't check your immigration status. So it is very very very very possible actually.

No. If I were an illegal alien, the last thing I would do is to vote and increase my odds of being found out.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

No. If I were an illegal alien, the last thing I would do is to vote and increase my odds of being found out.

How exactly does that work? IIRC CA has the most lenient voter ID laws which also IIRRC you are against.

According to the Office of the California Secretary of State, "in most cases, California voters are not required to show identification at their polling place." A voter may be asked to provide identification at the polls if it is his or her first time voting (this requirement applies if the individual registered by mail without providing a driver's license number, state identification number, or the last four digits of a Social Security number). Acceptable forms of identification include driver's licenses, utility bills, or any document sent by a government agency. For a complete list of acceptable forms of identification, see this list

ballotpedia.org...=Details_by_state

If an illegal immigrant wants to vote, it would be easier than most in CA.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

It's possible that people voted illegally for Trump too. After all he won. Yet now he claims fraud because his ego is so out of control. What kind of a fool does that?? He claims fraud in an election he won because he's that insecure about himself. You people need to learn how to read people for who they are rather than what they tell you. People lie. They lie about themselves most of all and usually the most convincingly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join