It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs executive orders to advance Keystone XL, Dakota Access pipelines

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

Additionally, it's the safest means of transporting a necessary commodity.

Yes it is. The people who thing it is an unnecessary commodity should be forced to live without it. Their solution is to get rid of fossil fuel? Well start with yourselves I say.

Protestors are usually dumb.

I hope they catch these protestors and bring them to justice.

ND Game & Fish Releases Video of Alleged Deer Poaching Near #NoDAPL Protest Camps

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It's amazing and sadly predictable. Without knowing any facts, the reaction is automatic. The responses are in this thread for all to see forever, so it will be kind of funny if it turns out that the US decided to listen to the engineers and move this to a much safer path and not have to screw the Sioux yet again. But facts are not important when the Trump bashing is concerned. All that is needed is a low IQ, a keyboard, and a willingness to look like a tool.

If it turns out that Trump goes against the engineers and somehow has some power to put the pipeline under the water supply of the Sioux, then he will be all the mean things you said and more, but you idiots are so damn quick to light up the torches and grab the pitchforks, it's just a shame you don't live in Salem in 1692.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It's near their property, 150 underground, crossing a river where other pipelines cross.. lake Oahe is part of a very long river that can't be routed around.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
"The environmentalist left seems to think that the pipeline will somehow poison and ruin sacred Native American land. There has been a myth that the pipeline's construction would result in the destruction of "burial sites, prayer sites and culturally significant artifacts" belonging to the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, CNN reports, but there is no evidence that this would happen, according to McNicoll:

It’s nowhere near any sacred tribal lands, and the useful idiots at the front of the Native American groups leading the protest know this. It’s not on their property– or really even all that close to it. It doesn’t threaten their water supply – the pipeline has to cross the Missouri River somewhere, and it makes that crossing safely by passing more than 90 feet underneath. Unless the technology fails in this case and gravity is defeated for 90 full feet, there is no threat here to the river, and everyone knows it.

In fact, the Standing Rock Sioux tribe has refused to meet with Energy Transfer Partner, the pipeline developer, numerous times."

When you refuse to be apart of the discussion you kind of negate any power in the dealings.

Here is the DAPL compared to the souix reservation if anyone is interested.

goo.gl...
edit on 24-1-2017 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I was told it's down stream from their water so they are just seeking attention.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The responses are in this thread for all to see forever, so it will be kind of funny if it turns out that the US decided to listen to the engineers and move this to a much safer path and not have to screw the Sioux yet again. But facts are not important when the Trump bashing is concerned. All that is needed is a low IQ, a keyboard, and a willingness to look like a tool.

The pipeline is in a safe spot, are you aware it follows an existing pipeline corridor and there is already a crossing there?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

The current proposed pipeline route would cross Lake Oahe, an Army Corps of Engineers project on the Missouri River.

www.army.mil...

Sorry, I am only going off of facts I can gather. If you have alternative facts, I'd love to see them. I am all for progress, but I have a special place in my heart for not screwing the Native Americans anymore than we already have. (we kind of did them wrong in the past)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

In fact, the Standing Rock Sioux tribe has refused to meet with Energy Transfer Partner, the pipeline developer, numerous times."

That is correct, it's documented in the court proceedings.
9/9/2016
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA

Conclusion
As it has previously mentioned, this Court does not lightly countenance any depredation of lands that hold significance to the Standing Rock Sioux. Aware of the indignities visited upon the Tribe over the last centuries, the Court scrutinizes the permitting process here with particular care. Having done so, the Court must nonetheless conclude that the Tribe has not demonstrated that an injunction is warranted here. The Court, therefore, will issue a contemporaneous Order denying the Plaintiffs’ Motion for Preliminary Injunction.

Graphic of how the pipe will cross Lake Oahe near the existing crossing

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Here's a link to an article, if you scroll down a bit, you will see a picture of Obama standing with a group of people. Amongst them is the Chief of Standing Rock and his sister, Jodi Archambault Gillette. She is an advocate and lobbyist on Native American issues.
She served as senior policy adviser for Native American affairs in the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama from 2012-2015.
bmag.bushfoundation.org...

Mere minutes after a federal judge declined the Tribe’s request for an injunction to stop construction on the pipeline, the Obama administration made a surprise announcement that it would not permit the project to continue for now.

Here's the court order for review,
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 9/9/2016

Conclusion
As it has previously mentioned, this Court does not lightly countenance any depredation of lands that hold significance to the Standing Rock Sioux. Aware of the indignities visited upon the Tribe over the last centuries, the Court scrutinizes the permitting process here with particular care. Having done so, the Court must nonetheless conclude that the Tribe has not demonstrated that an injunction is warranted here. The Court, therefore, will issue a contemporaneous Order denying the Plaintiffs’ Motion for Preliminary Injunction

It was after this legal ruling that Obama stepped in and stopped the pipeline.

edit on 24-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Outstanding news. Make both pipelines happen yesterday as far as I'm concerned. While we're at it, enforce the goddamned trespassing laws and deal with the protesters.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

not sure what to make of it. My reference article is dated December 4, 2016. Did the ACOE reverse their decision?
I kind of thought they had the final say, as they are the ones who truly understand the environmental impacts.

As I said, I am all for progress, and not a fan of jumping on the hate bandwagon over a thread title,(I think it makes you look kind of dumb when the facts show otherwise) I just want to know the real facts before reacting.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

POTUS is commander in chief of all branches and divisions, including ACOE. If the Oval Office issues an edict on a project, ACOE complies... period.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

POTUS is commander in chief of all branches and divisions, including ACOE. If the Oval Office issues an edict on a project, ACOE complies... period.

Yes. That sums it up. If you wish to know the facts, read the court proceedings, they are interesting. This link has a few excerpts, but it is best to read the entire transcript. DAPL was in compliance, at no time did it act against outside the boundaries of the law.
www.sayanythingblog.com...
edit on 24-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
American engineering is second to none. This paranoia about oil leaks is unfounded. Pipelines are far safer than oil rigs. How many oil rig accidents have there been? Virtually 0.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: yogamaster
Standing Rock is asking the protestors to leave, or they will sic the feds on them.

The tribe said it plans to continue its action against the pipeline in the courts, but the protest camp has run its course. The protesters have until Jan. 30 to depart the main camp, according to a resolution passed by the Standing Rock Sioux Tribal Council in Fort Yates on Friday. It also said the tribe may call on federal law enforcement officials to help them remove protesters from all of the camps and to block their re-entry if they haven't left in 30 days.

insideclimatenews.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is going to get a lot of use, methinks

And I like it.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu
What is it? Youtube is blocked here due to a data limit issue.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: Teikiatsu
What is it? Youtube is blocked here due to a data limit issue.

"Liberal Protester screams in agony as Trump sworn in"

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It's been said before, but worth repeating. Let's make America Great Again, by allowing a Canadian Oil Corporation to build a pipeline through pristine farmland, forest, Aquifers, and Native American land so that they can sell it to China. Um...

I feel like I'm missing something? LOL

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
It's been said before, but worth repeating. Let's make America Great Again, by allowing a Canadian Oil Corporation to build a pipeline through pristine farmland, forest, Aquifers, and Native American land so that they can sell it to China. Um...

I feel like I'm missing something? LOL

I have extended family in the heartland of Kansas where pipelines have been built. Once buried and covered over, within a year you would never know they are under the ground.

Oil = energy and jobs.

Money = better economy.

Yes, this benefits America. It makes America stronger. It makes America great.

Does that clear it up?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join