It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape jokes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Star for that. Rape is NEVER FUNNY.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Probably not. But you definitely saved him from himself.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I honestly don't finda lot of topics to be funny, like rape, but I get what you are saying. People have to be free to speak, even if they shouldn't.

As I learmed in the "deep" philsophical flick Rush Hour when people talk, it let's me know how full of s*** they actually are.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I was raped by a group of mimes
They did unspeakable things to me

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kibric

I'm stealing that one.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I give you The Grapist:

He's gonna grape you in the mouth.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I love a good joke and i can take a bashing but RAPE is a different story altogether.
I hate it.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Dear OP. Pay no mind to the internet, they suck.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Did you hear the one about the two gay Jews raping a dead alligator?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

go on.....

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

a reply to: skunkape23

go on.....
Wait for it.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Did you know that statistically, 9 out of 10 people enjoy gang rape?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123

really show me the study ?

what an odd response to a very obvious joke

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

Its a joke.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Here it is, someone had to...
Unfortunatly it´s the weird german guy who is always missunderstood but # it I´m taking the heat.

To those who find rape jokes acceptable or funny, I want to say this.

Reflect on what you are joking about, soulless being that you are.

Edit 1 minute after post: It´s not about politics, it´s not about free speech. You are entitled to what you find funny. Having the right, does not always make it the right thing.

I agree. Having the right to say something doesn't make it right.You are obviously not calling for censorship, just calling a distasteful activity as you see it. I agree that it is a generally distasteful practice. I don't know why everyone else is busting your chops like you're trying to pass a law or something...

I think it is a symptom of the odd expression of sexuality problems that we are presently moving through as a culture here in the US. Backlash of third wave feminism and all that. Most men haven't developed the social skills to have an intelligent discussion about these types of issues without feeling incredibly awkward. No one wants to be thought of as a rapist, and even just having a frank open discussion about the subject is a conversation that most men will run from faster than a Stuttgart virgin trying to outrun her brothers.

So we walk on eggshells, eventually get tired of it, and start making jokes to try and diffuse the social tension evoked by such a taboo subject. A lot of times it works too. At least it seems to for guys who are willing to go there. I almost never go there, because as you say it's just sooo distasteful in my opinion. It is true though, that sometimes it is better to laugh about a bad situation when you can than to cry about it.

I've seen it happen in barrooms when I broach a topic that is gender issue related, and it goes there pretty quickly, almost like an automated defense mechanism from the other guys. Anyhow, I think there's a politically incorrect motivator, there's a resentment of being made to walk on eggshells over the topic backlash motivator, and there's an attempt to diffuse the awkwardness of the topic through humor at work there too. Give us a decade or so, hopefully we'll have it sorted out by then.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

I don´t know either why so many are upset. Like you say, it´s not that I´m trying to pass a law or wanting to tell others what they find funny. I thought there is something like common sense and this topic, at least obviously to me, falls into this category.

But even my edit (that´s why I wrote 1 minute after post, before anyone answered) did not make it clear.
I mainly see three different types of people in this thread.

1) The ones only posting jokes here with nothing else to say but trying to ridicule the OP. Either very young or just astholes without decency, or just doing it for the sake of being what´s seen as "cool" on the internet. Very few of those would have the balls or ovaries to do that in a real life conversation.

2) The ones that will defend there right to do what they want without regard about others. Those are similar to type of people that have no awareness of their surrounding when they are in public spaces. For example, stopping right in the middle of a door and when you ask them polite to move along, they get angry. "It´s my right to stand here". Or for example those that think calling someone names is free speech. Or that Europeans are bucklings because they have laws in place like "The dignity of a person is inviolable.", because "murika". I see many of those here, some use avatars that present them as hard and tough.

3) The ones like you, me, and the few ones in this thread, who believe in "The dignity of a person is inviolable.", for the sake of the community. Type 2 sees those as weaklings.

Of course this is a very shallow categorization (is that a word?), my opinion and will probably be used against be, because I can´t be right, for the sake of the argument. Giving in, again, is weak. Can´t loose their face.

edit on 26-1-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
If you find jokes about rape funny, then you must be a bit sick in the head. Same with paedo jokes. Just because we've got the right to tell sick jokes about these issues it doesn't mean we should, just having the right should be enough for people without coming out with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join