It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape jokes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: CulturalResilience

I liked it. More a cautionary tale than a joke I'd say

Some time after his father, who didn't know what I did for a living, thanked me and told me the his son was very quiet for a while after I spoke with him and how his behaviour had changed almost overnight. I have often wondered since if the boy ever shared the details of our little chat.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Yes, take it to the extreme as always. Because I ask ATS to get some civility back, you paint me with the book burning brush. Nice tactic.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Rape jokes are not funny at all, You would need to be some kind of sicko to find them funny, Anyway i have to go and exchange one of my girlfriends christmas presents, I bought her some of that new chloroform perfume but she says it makes her feel sleepy and her bum sore.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Come on, everyone able to read can see that I write about civility, you about politics and exaggerate it into "my free speech is violated, do you want to start to burn books now".

Civility, civility, civility.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Bruh I thought you weren't gonna waste your time talking to me anymore? Usually when you say that and then continue to do it, you lose a lot of credibility.

I never called you a book burner so...stop making # up maybe?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Come on, everyone able to read can see that I write about civility, you about politics and exaggerate it into "my free speech is violated, do you want to start to burn books now".

Civility, civility, civility.

Stop making # up. All you're doing is showing just how far you're willing to go to get offended.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
"Bruh" now spin the lies on me. Like I said, people can read and will (hopefully) see my point. Unlike you, arguing just for the sake of arguing. Last post today.

You tell me to come to the grownup table? "Bruh".
edit on 24-1-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Ah now spin the lies on me. Like I said, people can read and will (hopefully) see my point. Unlike you, arguing just for the sake of arguing. Last post today.

Stop making # up. I'm perfectly capable of making my own points, I don't need you to make stuff up then claim I said it.

Bye now.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Counter "stop making # up" post.

Imagine this line coming up now everytime you accusse me again of talking #.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Peeple

And my point is, regardless of how often the OP attempts to shift away from it, is that somebody somewhere will be offended by jokes of any kind.

People will be offended by fat jokes. Should Gabriel Iglesias not be able to make fun of himself? People will be offended by racial jokes. Should Gabriel not be able to make jokes about his heritage?

If the measuring stick is "it offends some people's sensibilities" then there's no end to what can be restricted.

This reminds me of the South Park episode where they had to change the Christmas play to be all inclusive, completely alternating the play to some boring modern art dance thing.
And honestly, rape isn't funny, but if you can't make a joke about it, it will just remain an untalked about taboo. Unless we can talk about it, rape will hold its victims and society by a noose. The more something is talked about, the less stigma it carries. Plus, Daniel Tosh has a seriously funny rape joke.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If I'm understanding OP logic correctly,
rape jokes aren't funny because it reminds victims of a past trauma.

In that case, isn't posting a thread with 'rape' in the title just as offensive?

Maybe not talking about it and pretending it isn't a thing is the key, here.

Having said that, I'll talk about whatever I want.

I wish I could browse youtube, I'd post the "there's nothing funny about blank" skit from Tosh, the comic.

"There's nothing funny about child molestation."
All right, then don't hang out with me.

Did you know, last year, dead Michael Jackson made $ million thanks to his new show in Vegas? Which is amazing if you get a chance to see it. There's a hologram of Michael. It sings and dances the hits. And for an extra $500 a pop, you can go backstage and watch him try to ghost-[bleep] your kid.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Counter "stop making # up" post.

Imagine this line coming up now everytime you accusse me again of talking #.

Aren't you supposed to be leaving?

It's pretty simple: you claim I said you want to burn books. I didn't, and I defy you to show me where I did.

Ergo, you made # up. Not me.

Buhbye.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

And if you make fat jokes, you shame fat people. If you make race jokes, you shame people of that race.

Let me put it this way: should rape be taken out of books? Movies? Should it not be reported on in the media? Because god knows rape victims read the paper and watch the news, so....should we not talk about it so they don't run the risk of remembering it?

I just realised two things.
1. You're right
2. I'm a hypocrite

This is really much more complicated than I thought! I love Seth MacFarlane when Roger from American Dad rapes someone I laugh. I made one or two alien anal probing jokes too, which is technically rape.
My rule of thumb seems to be work in an alien and it's fine?
I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be the case for everybody...

Fat people are not funny. In general.
Race is such an abstract absurd concept I wouldn't know how not to make jokes about that?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I bet you laughed when Stewie followed the fat kid around and played the tuba till he fell over, too, didn't you?

Monster.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

No. Monster is right tough, I have almost a phobia of fat people. There's just nothing funny about it, like when others see a spider "eeeeek!" Not funny.

*now let the sh1tstorm commence

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

As somebody who's legitimately terrified of spiders, I'm offended that you'd use my condition in such a manner

(in all seriousness anything with more than 4 legs will send me down the street screaming in terror so I found it humorous you used that phobia)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Three love handles and I have to surpress the urge to run.
I blame my mother. She always made a big deal about how much I ate. Not enough. Too much. "You're too old for that baby fat" "why are you not eating" and she is super skinny...
Ah childhood. Right? Nobody gets out untraumatised.
Is that then an offensive topic too?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

It´s about rape. Specially about that, YOU are trying to shift this into european/US, politics and butthurtness. It´s even in the OP. I can´t take you serious.

No, sorry, he's making a valid point even if it is going over your head.

YOU are the one offended by the thought of a rape joke, so YOU think no one ever ought to make one. YOU would censor them.

His point is that if the only marker before something can be banned from public discourse is that it offends someone, then pretty soon no one could ever joke about anything. There will always be someone a topic offends as much as the thought of rape offends YOU.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

What about 'man-rape'
It is usually way better received, even though it's more common.

"one of my freinds got so many DUIs that he had to go to jail for a year...
...his ONLY concern was getting raped, so he didn't shower for the entire year...

cause he was so busy getting raped"
-Anthony Jeselnik

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't normally thank people for confirming something I've said, but I will this time.

I was beginning to wonder if I was just doing a terrible job explaining my point or if it was something else, but it seems at least a few others understood it.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join