It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape jokes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Funny that the only point you choose to attempt a rebuttal with is politics. Not any of the other points.

I know that being European means you're used to a lack of free speech but as Americans, we aren't.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

To me the point seems to be you can joke about politics and everything as long as you want.
But the line is crossed when it is about forced violation of the only space which should be safe space: my body.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Still not read or understood the op. It´s even there, this is not about politics. Why do you try to tag me with that, is this the only thing you can? What you call lack of free speech is called civility here. You could use some, too, with all your assumptions.

Was it the part about the USA that riled you up?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Here it is, someone had to...
Unfortunatly it´s the weird german guy who is always missunderstood but # it I´m taking the heat.

To those who find rape jokes acceptable or funny, I want to say this.

Reflect on what you are joking about, soulless being that you are.

Edit 1 minute after post: It´s not about politics, it´s not about free speech. You are entitled to what you find funny. Having the right, does not always make it the right thing.

www.comedy-reviews.com...

“There’s nothing funny about _________.”

cdn.meme.am...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
Exactly.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

And my point is, regardless of how often the OP attempts to shift away from it, is that somebody somewhere will be offended by jokes of any kind.

People will be offended by fat jokes. Should Gabriel Iglesias not be able to make fun of himself? People will be offended by racial jokes. Should Gabriel not be able to make jokes about his heritage?

If the measuring stick is "it offends some people's sensibilities" then there's no end to what can be restricted.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

It´s about rape. Specially about that, YOU are trying to shift this into european/US, politics and butthurtness. It´s even in the OP. I can´t take you serious.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I've been raped.

Rape is wrong.

But I know for a fact I've laughed at a few "rape jokes"

Guess that roosterlicker stole my soul and decency while he was stealing my innocence.
In his defense, he probably needed all that stuff to fill the empty sack to make up for the Testicle he was missing.

Sneaky son of a bitch.
I suppose I've always been one to give to the less fortunate.

Oh well.

-Alee

PS I am still giving you a star and a flag because I understand you are just trying to stand up for those who have been hurt and protect them, and I admire that.
edit on 1/24/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Was it the part where I disagreed that riled you up? Or was it the crack about your lack of free speech?

I'm gonna go with a firm "yes" on that one.

Politics was one example I gave in a long list of subjects that people find jokes offensive. I understand your OP just fine. You think rape jokes are offensive and shouldn't be made. That's the entirety of your OP. I disagree. The only one trying to get political here is you, as all I've done is use politics as an example of something else that people find jokes offensive over. That's all it is. An example. You're the one trying to use that as a pivot into a greater political debate.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I'd rather you not take me at all, thanks.

*rimshot*

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
I once made the colour drain from a persistent young offenders face when I explained to him how much all those old prison queens would be eagerly awaiting his arrival, and how, on the upside, he would probably never suffer from constipation again. After that he went on the straight and narrow and is now a productive member of society. Does that count as an acceptable rape joke?

By the way, I wasn't being facetious or attempting to trick anyone with this, It was a genuine question.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

But if you make rape jokes you make victims remember the trauma. So let me put it that way:
Whenever someone suffered a trauma, caught a stress syndrome due to forced violation => not funny.
The rape comeback to Crosby => super funny
"Ey Bill remember haha how you lost your legs..." => not funny

edit on 24-1-2017 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You're the one trying to use that as a pivot into a greater political debate.

Of course. And that´s why I made it clear from the beginning that it´s NOT about that. Your logic kills me.

link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

I liked it. More a cautionary tale than a joke I'd say

link   
Triggery snowflake argument coming in

in

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

And if you make fat jokes, you shame fat people. If you make race jokes, you shame people of that race.

Let me put it this way: should rape be taken out of books? Movies? Should it not be reported on in the media? Because god knows rape victims read the paper and watch the news, so....should we not talk about it so they don't run the risk of remembering it?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

It's people that find them funny for the wrong reasons you should be ranting at.
People laugh at them because they know their not supposed to, and because it's in a form of a joke. Imo

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I have to agree wholeheartedly with this..... I've heard a few jokes which I found totally wrong, and would be off limits for me. But, I can only put those boundaries in place for myself.

link   
Anyways, I think (thanks to peeple) that I made my point. Arguing with somebody (you shamerock) about nonsense is a waste of time.

a reply to: OpenEars123
Good observation. Just look at this thread.

link   

originally posted by: verschickter

You're the one trying to use that as a pivot into a greater political debate.

Of course. And that´s why I made it clear from the beginning that it´s NOT about that. Your logic kills me.

Then why are you so focused on it? You keep dragging it back to politics politics politics, and ignore literally everything else I've said.

Whatever big guy. I'm sorry you're so fixated on one word out of my multiple comments in your thread. Come back to the grownup table when you can have a discussion without having to resort to "triggery snowflake" name calling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join