It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Can't Take It Anymore

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Just for you.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I like that analogy, tides pushing us in a direction we wouldn't go otherwise.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I hear you! And agree, but...haha, I hate to be negative here. How can this video be taken seriously. I guess it's the same guy?? With a window mounted camera to capture his RAK moments? A child playing in the street, a stroller let loose in front of him, a guy down on crutches?? I stopped at the stroller let loose and his framed finger pointing for her to save it.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Another reason I posted this thread is something very disturbing happened to me recently that I haven't been able to get, out of my mind.

I borrowed a friend's new 4'x8' open bed utility trailer to haul a sizable load, since I was leaving early in the morning I loaded it, tarped it, and checked everything from the safety chains to the lug/bolts, on the hubs.

I left in the morning still dark out, pulled out of my driveway, within 10 minutes, then onto I-94 going towards Port Huron, at about 70 miles an hour.

As the sun was coming out I could just start to see everything around me, I felt a tug and heard a menacing scraping sound. I looked back and saw the trailer throwing sparks everywhere and people behind were trying to get, out of the way. The trailer was tilted and only on one wheel, and I was thinking flat tire.

I didn't panic, but slowly eased the vehicle over to the shoulder of the road, and saw the wheel from the trailer zoom past me, and into the ditch. At this moment I was stunned, baffled and confused.

Luckly no one was hurt, nor was anything damaged, except for the trailer hub a bit.

I inspected the hub and it appeared the every lug bolt was gone. ???????

Called AAA because I have the premium road service, and they told me trailers weren't covered, talk about pissed. So I unhitched the trailer and headed to a local trailer repair place where they told me they could help me out, so they followed me to the trailer.

As I talked with them they said, in all their years, (25+) they had never seen anything like it, and that no way did 5 lug bolts come off a trailer, without someone losing them. I explained that I had checked everything the night before and that they were tight and intact.

Their response was "Do you have any enemies?" As the words left his mouth, he mechanic that came out pointed to the Trump bumper sticker on my friend's trailer and gave me a look. 0.0

I couldn't even grasp that fact that someone would actually do something so destructive and dangerous, just because of a political view, because if that load would have come apart it may have killed someone, or seriously caused a major issue.

I replaced the hub for my friend and my friend actually felt bad since he put the sticker on. I told him we shouldn't have to feel bad, or even be worried about our political views to the point that we are fearful of pointless anger, and vengeance.

I going to stick with somehow all the lugs miraculously came out at the same time, and that someone wouldn't stoop this low because the alternative makes my head hurt.
edit on 24-1-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I think it is hardwired in us to bypass positivity. Positivity means the world is clicking along as it should.

We are focused on the negative because that means something is not clicking along and needs our attention.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

I think it is hardwired in us to bypass positivity. Positivity means the world is clicking along as it should.

We are focused on the negative because that means something is not clicking along and needs our attention.

I think there is a difference between negativity and being prudent when issues arise. What we are seeing is people being mean spirited and destructive, on many levels.

I really hope the cool heads will prevail.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Damn! Really sorry.
I understand that feeling of coincidence and paranoia. Especially after the miraculous lug nut loosening and someone planting a political hate thought over a bumper sticker.
But it's possibly just that. Someones assumption over a sticker and current political state.

But i'm inclined at this point to share your belief on this matter.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I hear you realtruth. Thank you for that video, it was a good watch. I too have grown tired of the bickering and partisanship on here, but it all lies with your perception. If you focus on the negative, that is what you will experience. If you can acknowledge that it is there and then move along, you are free to internalize other information. Reality is in the eyes of the beholder, ya know!

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Best thing you can do is shut it out.
I have done it and it has done wonders for me.
You do not have to read it or participate in any of it.
You have control over what you let into your life.
Screw everyone.
Think back on a time when we did not have all this information.
Save yourself !

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Nice feel good thread.

I try to do little things when I can.

A few weeks ago during a windy rain storm my neighbors garbage can blew over and spilled the trash all over his driveway. He's an older fella so I ran out there and picked it all up and put it back on the side of the road for pickup.

I was hoping he wouldn't notice but he saw and thanked me for it.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax

I try to do little things when I can.

A few weeks ago during a windy rain storm my neighbors garbage can blew over and spilled the trash all over his driveway. He's an older fella so I ran out there and picked it all up and put it back on the side of the road for pickup.

I was hoping he wouldn't notice but he saw and thanked me for it.

Like a ripple in a massive pond, those little things count.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Quite possible, yet they left the sticker? It must have been someone you know, how else would they have seen that sticker at night, and just happened to be carrying a wrench?

a reply to: Bluesma
I hate to derail but I take it that means things worked out with your husband for the better, one way or the other? Best wishes dear.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
Quite possible, yet they left the sticker? It must have been someone you know, how else would they have seen that sticker at night, and just happened to be carrying a wrench?

The trailer was there for a day or two, so the bumper sticker was visible to all. And I would wager it was someone in the neighborhood I'm acquainted with, because we are mostly a Democratic area. What's interesting is that I typically have Democratic signs out during elections.

Carrying a wrench or tire iron at night wouldn't be a difficult task, especially if it's premeditated.

The bumper sticker was intact, but who knows maybe they got scared off before they finished the job. I have no enemies to speak of and I'm the kind of person that usually helps people out, so this act was one of a mean-spirited person.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I hear you. I'm sick of negativity. Here's something positive:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
lmao! man I needed that I almost choked on my coffee, only a mech-head will get this one.

Positive post indeed.

edit on 25-1-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm glad that it made you laugh. It sounded like you needed it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join