It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Can't Take It Anymore

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The focus on negativity is overwhelming, it appears to be infiltrating every aspect of our lives, and everyone can feel it.

Here on ATS, in our daily lives, and of course the MSM the negativity is like a tsunami. If people choose that mindset, then I will respect their choices, however I'm done with feeding the madness and the social decay.

As a reminder the story of the "Two Wolves", which one are you feeding, or focusing on?

There are so many wonderful people in our world, but yet we choose to focus on a few that are less than worthy of our attention.

In case we have forgotten how humanity can actually be here is a warm reminder.

edit on 24-1-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

So true. Turn on the American news, it's there. Total negativity.
Look on ATS, the hatred is spewing.
People are losing their collective minds.

Thankfully, when I go out, there's still niceness and politeness all around.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I understand your feelings, but...
There are many wonderful people HERE too...of all types.
The Key is to remember that everyone is much more than just their political views.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Its unfortunate because this is all part of the schedule programming. Like you said it has become a tsunami and what scares me the most is I didn't realize how much of the population are so easily brainwashed..

And from the looks of it the tsunami is only getting bigger and stronger.

We can only pray for better days

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I haven't noticed politeness and being nice going around much here, but the grumbling has died down.

We're moving to South America soon, to have a more affordable life & health care living on social security - but mentally to escape all the negativity and the constant barrage of consumerism (These are linked, consumerism drives up expectations, and that leads to negativity when compared with idyllic TV life).

Hopefully, cable tv won't be to affordable, but even so, if you're not paying attention to the commercials in a foreign language, the message probably won't have much effect on you.

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I was thinking this morning, when I was scrolling through here, that I have lost interest in ATS because of all this conflict and hostility on political issues. I just feel like it is gotten to be too much.
I have a good life, things are going well, I have a lot to be grateful for and happy, but coming to this site brings me down.

I've stopped reading much because it seems to be all just more of the same.
I hope this settles down at some point.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Ummm...I hear ya...

I was bloviating in a thread yesterday about just this thing...
The response from one of our other members was...(paraphrased)...I feel what your saying...but nah...I'm going to continue with the discord...

So...even when you outreach...count your fingers on that hand you just extended...cause some people just want to pillage and burn...

They talk up the..."can't we all just get along"...but only as far as their ideology permits...and only if your a card carrying member of that particular ideology...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
the reason why its overwhelming is because you are focusing on it.

don't look at the TV or phone or anything that tells lies to your vision.

look outside your window.. are you experiencing what the television says? or are you watching a beautiful sunny day?

which one are you going to believe?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

My friend and I went into a really nasty flash flood in the south about 8 yrs ago and saved an old black lady from being washed into the Wolf River.

Even though I'm deathly afraid of snakes(that I could see in the flood mixed with branches and all forms of trash),I jumped in with my friend and we got her to the rescue units and called it a day.

One week later I was attacked by 5 or 6 black guys (I distinctly remember one of them saying "kill that white m********r") one night that I was walking back from the gas station.I barely escaped with my life.

One split my head open with a bat (while the rest were busy kicking and punching me-trying to beat me to death)my ribs and shoulder and leg were messed up-I still feel it "tinges" from time to time.

I ask myself if that was karma for saving the old black woman's life?

I was almost very painfully killed for being white and buying some trail mix and chips to enjoy with the new Clive Cussler book that came out at the time.

What you are seeing is not hatred-just the blinds being pulled away.

edit on 24-1-2017 by angryproctologist because: qwerty

edit on 24-1-2017 by angryproctologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying, but you are not powerless. It takes an act of will to come here. Take a break. Find a place more to your liking. Or even better, find an author you like and read some books. There's nothing better for therapy than immersing yourself in some good books. Some of my current favorites are Sue Grafton with the alphabet mystery series, Mike Lawson's Joe de Marco and Kay Hamilton books, or Patrick O'Brien's Jack Aubrey sea stories. There is no lack of choices.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
No matter who won, I would have looked for something positive. The mean and nasty negativity doesn't really exist here in my state like it does in the cities that have "HIVE MENTALITY".

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think we are being bombarded with so much negativity from so many sources, that it has become a normality. Sad to say..that we have come to expect a certain dose of it...daily. If we go a consecutive string of days with nothing bad going on either in the world or our immediate lives, doesn't it send your spidey senses tingling in anticipation of a shoe drop?
I agree OP..I've had enough as well. You cannot even wish someone to " Have a nice day!" anymore without a grumble of everything wrong in their life after a rhetorical ..."What's nice about it?"
The weather sucks, the world sucks, my health and life suck, my job sucks...and on and on and on...
Not enough roses in the world for everyone to stop and smell.
We can be the change we want to see, but negativity can break down the walls no matter how hard we try.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I have a couple of these shirts. It's kind of a little advertisement or reminder to those around me and myself included.
Daily I try to do something nice. Though I've had to bite my tongue more often or not for some.
I try.

Think of it as a disease...
Be grumpy to someone and they get grumpy to the next person. And so on and so forth.

Or..

Extend kindness to a stranger or someone you know, and that person may feel better and Forward that Random Act Of Kindness. "RAK it"

edit on 24-1-2017 by Bigburgh because: Gram bam

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I agree 100%. I get to the point at times where I ignore news for a few days and just find something positive to focus on, but it is hard. I tend to believe in the whole "you create your own reality" so thinking negatively all of the time will breed more of it. But again it is tough to ignore the bad.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I hear you.

When I wake up I switch on the news and see '30 dead in car bomb attack' I change the channel and watch re runs of Married With Children and remember that big crush I had on Kelly Bundy.

To lighten the mood, here's Yoda singing about being attacked by seagulls.

edit on 24-1-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I hear ya RT! The world is getting crazier by the minute.
Here are some positive images for you and our other members here who may enjoy them.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
stop watching the news, if the media wants to wallow in the swamp of negativity let them but you don`t have to join them.
I stopped watching the news at least 15 years ago now I can choose what news I get on the internet by simple not clicking on the news links that spew negativity and hate.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

the constant barrage of consumerism (These are linked, consumerism drives up expectations, and that leads to negativity when compared with idyllic TV life).

Simple though it may be, what an essential understanding of the plight of western culture. Yet so many deny it claiming 'oh, it has no effect on me'.....

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Life is not a smooth sail .Politics does bring turbulent waters and it may actually help in the voyage when we look back and remember .Too easy and too smooth a ride makes for a bland life .imo But you can get a little sick of it too .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join