It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Observing the Frontier 2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Hello all.

I know this is kind of a crossover thread, and I know that some members here follow the Suspicious0bservers YouTube channel. I was wandering if anybody is planning on attending this year's gathering of observers in Albuquerque, NM.

It looks like it will be a very interesting conference this year with the earthquake forecasting doing as well as it is. Some notable folks will be in attendance from both the EU gang along with Ben Davidson and his cadre.

I will be going, and I'm as excited as I can be. I would have loved to have gone to the previous conference, but it was way East for me to attend. I still enjoyed watching the videos after the fact.

All of that aside, if you don't know what space weather is, or the effect it has on our planet, you should really look into spaceweathernews.com and get a non-political perspective of the very real and fast approaching changes that are coming to a planet near and dear to you.

I've been going through all of it for the last year and a half or so, maybe longer. It has been eye opening to say the least.

If you are going, send me a u2u. It would be great to meet a fellow ATSer/Observer in person.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Observers of precisely what?

Sorry, theres an awful lot of stuff with no immediate causal links in your post, so I am trying to figure out if you mean space weather, or if you mean Earthquake prediction, which surely have to be separate spheres of inquiry?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

A number of years ago, I believed the sun had zero influence in regard to earthquakes.

I believe differently now.

quakewatch.net...

This is a relevant link.

This is the daily news that Ben Davidson posts to YouTube.

I enjoy reading into all of it. I enjoy the videos and podcasts.

There is a lot of good stuff behind a paywall at www.suspicious0bservers.org...

Too bad you aren't going to be there.

That would be great.

edit on 24-1-2017 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I would absolutely NEVER pay for information. People who create information for the right reasons, distribute it without concern for their wallets, especially if it might save lives if opened up to everyone free of charge.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Much of it is free, the memberships for the premium content help to enrich the community and fund these events along with the daily news and whatnot. I don't mind contributing financially when I know the money is being used to spread interest in these subjects not just on YouTube, but to school children via the Mobile Observatory Project.

When you can get a kid to look at the night sky in wonder, instead of whatever trendy gadget, it's a win for the future.

I wish it could all be done for free, it's just not there yet.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

So...

I understand, from having read the webpage you linked to, that the thinking is that coronal holes and other solar activity, supposedly affects the tectonic situation in the crust of the Earth. By what precise mechanism though? Is this a correlation/causation assumption, or is there any fundamental process at work, which has bearing on the situation?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Big fan and follower of the S0's website and YT channel here. Would love to attend this year's conference, but unfortunately I live almost 9,000km away, so I won't be able to make it.

ATS folks that are unaware of Ben's work I encourage you to check it out. He's doing lots of great and important stuff, truly an invaluable resource regarding earthquake forecasts, space weather, climate change and so much more.

Anyone interested in writing a small report/summary of the event? Would be great to hear what it was like and what was discussed, cheers and enjoy!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It is correlative for the time being, however, the belief is that the "triggers" of these events are of an electro-magnetic nature. One of the main guys, Billy Yelverton conducts experiments in his home lab on different types of rock, aggregate, and liquids in various atmospheres to attempt to reproduce natural phenomenon all be it on a smaller scale.

The findings are often compelling. Unfortunately, linking to these videos is not possible due to them being premium content. I believe you can find some of them on youtube. The electric terraforming videos are fascinating, though that is a different subject entirely. It boils down to dendritic features on landscapes being reproduced by electric means over a short period of time, versus the great amounts of time it takes to produce these features through wind and water erosion.

The purpose is not to negate what is known about how the mechanics of our planet and weather work, but to offer up supplemental electrical explanations that could enhance and even explain these mechanisms more fully.

top topics

join