It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Billion divided by 12,000 = 333,333.333,333

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: sweetypie215

Come on now technically you did say "My second attempt at a thread became necessary because of a dream".

Civilization may have risen and fallen many times before our current iteration of recorded history but not 4 billion years ago when our Earth was still completely inhospitable to any kind of sentient animal life.

And i think its pretty much a given these days that any Dinosaurs that did manage to survive whatever ecological catastrophe that befell them evolved into birds.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
i think its entire reasonable to research weather more creatures existed on earth before the ones we knew weather they be DNA similar or not.

This rock and its elements have been recycled through so many ground and atmosphere changes its entirely reasonable to think there might be more to find.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

We had insects 400 million years ago, dinosaurs 300 million years ago, and flowering plants just 130 million years ago.

Modern humans have only been around for the last 200,000 years, which is debatable, but even if we have been around for a few million years, it seems to me it still takes a really long time for intelligent life to develop.

Chances are that any form of sentient life could not possibly have developed before the conditions of our Earth became hospitable enough, so we can rule out the first or second billion years or so at the very least.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweetypie215
The Earth is 4 billion years old.
The civilization we are living in currently has existed for 12,000 years supposedly, that means that there could have existed 333,333 possible other civilizations before us.

So you're saying 4billion, divided by the very VERY rough number for how long our civilisation has been around for, equals the number of other 'possible' civilisations that could have existed??

How and why are you assuming that? And based on your figures, you're also saying from day 1 of the Earth's approx age of 4billion years, there was a civilisation.

Dinosaurs lived for millions of years, where the hell did they come from?

Ah. Now I see why you're assuming that previous statement. Because you don't understand evolution. Out of curiosity, did you not attend school?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

No its not because the Earth has not been able to sustain life as we know it for anywhere near 4 billion years hence your calculations are somewhat off by a magnitude of 50% at the very least, never mind the rest of the problems associated with your theory.

edit on 27-1-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

a reply to: strongfp

You write as if everything you believe is the truth and it merely is fantastical information handed down without a shred of proof. Much like that Bible thing everyone believes.

It's basic geology, the strata you see tells the story of the earth. Want to find out what lived or what the climate was like 400 million years ago? Just find the right place to dig down... not that hard to comprehend. And it's not religion or a story book it's facts and science.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Byrd

In your opinion. Much of what we have been taught is not feasible, either. Just because scientists and historians claim something to be factual does not make it so. All of it is conjecture and subjective.

Can you cite any examples of what you consider not to be feasible and why?

Harte

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I used to think/hope that some of the " out of place objects " could have been apart of a lost civilization that thrived millions of years ago. But up until now, we have not found anything to support that. Its true that most metal would be broken down in 500 to 1000 years. But other materials like Plastic, and Styrofoam, have lifespans that exceed 1 million years.

I think your best bet, would be for something like Homo floresiensis. A species that was confined to a small space and didn't make any large evolutionary jumps. Im sure there were countless numbers of those throughout the ages. But as for something on par with Humans today. I'm quite positive we would of uncovered something by now. Unless it was prior to a large asteroid impact that liquefied the surface of the planet. But if that were the case. Then it would still just be speculation, as we'd never find the proof to support the theory

edit on 30-1-2017 by Triton1128 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

In your opinion. Much of what we have been taught is not feasible, either. Just because scientists and historians claim something to be factual does not make it so.

Well, given the choice is between :

a) The work of thousands of highly trained professionals spending decades of diligent study, using the latest technologies and evidence based methodology.

b) Your cheese dream.

I think I know which model I'm leaning towards.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FatherLukeDuke

In your opinion. Much of what we have been taught is not feasible, either. Just because scientists and historians claim something to be factual does not make it so.

Well, given the choice is between :

a) The work of thousands of highly trained professionals spending decades of diligent study, using the latest technologies and evidence based methodology.

b) Your cheese dream.

I think I know which model I'm leaning towards.

I'm with you. Especially considering that, given 5 days, sweetiepie215 is still unable to provide us with a single example of something that "we have been taught" that "is not feasible." I mean, if that's really his/her belief, why on Earth can't he/she say why that's his/her belief?

Obviously, it's because that's what he/she wants to believe. IOW, "cheese dream."

Harte

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

I used to think/hope that some of the " out of place objects " could have been apart of a lost civilization that thrived millions of years ago.

There is some interesting history concerning the red spot on Jupiter which dates way back.

Creti 1711

I don't want to bracket off topic but Tesla had an 1899 diary entry claiming he listened to the storm.

edit on 31-1-2017 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

Well if we evolved from monkeys why are there still monkeys your telling me that one day one monkey decided to stand and be a man with no other relatives and then pretend to be a monkey and mate to have half children with a monkey to further the species

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast
a reply to: MrSensible

Well if we evolved from monkeys

We didn't evolve from Monkeys, you have no understanding of evolution whatsoever do you.

edit on 31-1-2017 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
I used to think/hope that some of the " out of place objects " could have been apart of a lost civilization that thrived millions of years ago. But up until now, we have not found anything to support that. Its true that most metal would be broken down in 500 to 1000 years. But other materials like Plastic, and Styrofoam, have lifespans that exceed 1 million years.

I think your best bet, would be for something like Homo floresiensis. A species that was confined to a small space and didn't make any large evolutionary jumps. Im sure there were countless numbers of those throughout the ages. But as for something on par with Humans today. I'm quite positive we would of uncovered something by now. Unless it was prior to a large asteroid impact that liquefied the surface of the planet. But if that were the case. Then it would still just be speculation, as we'd never find the proof to support the theory

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

The civilization we are living in currently has existed for 12,000 years supposedly, that means that there could have existed 333,333 possible other civilizations before us.

.....wut?
There is absolutely no logic whatsoever behind this statement. None. That's not how things work. At all. The rest if your post is just as goofy, and has also has zero logic behind it.
No, the laws of probability do not dictate that there was other intelligent life.
Where did dinosaurs come from? That's a ridiculous question. They evolved. Like every other lifeform. Evolution takes an almost inconceivable amount of time. Hence, much of the long period of time before humans evolved into what they are. As for the rest if it: the Earth didn't pop into exist as a habitable planet. Conditions on the planet took a very long time to become capable of sustaining life. You almost have to be willfully ignorant to somehow not realize this.
What a ridiculous and embarrassingly uninformed post.
Also, you don't seem to know what existential actually means.

EDIT: nevermind. Having read more of your comments, I can see that you are definitely either willfully ignorant, or almost impressively uninformed and uneducated..
edit on 6-2-2017 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2017 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Just a thought but should this thread not be in the Dreams and Predictions forum where it belongs.

There is a thought for you.

No, there's not. There's not any thought in anything that you've written. It has a glaring lack of thought.

You write as if everything you believe is the truth and it merely is fantastical information handed down without a shred of proof. Much like that Bible thing everyone believes.

Dear god.... you can't be serious. Without a shred of proof? That is legitimately one of the most breathtakingly ignorant statements that I have read in my entire life. There IS proof. That's exactly the point. Do you not understand how science works? They don't just choose what they want to believe. It's dictated by verifiable data, facts, and experimentation. In other words: proof. That's the entire point. You honestly may as well have written "I'm not smart enough to understand even the most basic concepts of science, evolution, atmosphere, history, or any other sphere of knowledge." I say this in all sincerity: my daughter, who is in 3rd grade, has a much better grasp and understanding of basic science than you do. A 9 year old toddler. The things you are saying are legitimately embarrassing.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

My way is just as possible as any other.

No. No, it really isn't. Because, again: one way is based on verifiable data. The other is based a complete and utter ignorance of history, science, and logic. In order to believe your way, you need to somehow be ignorant of so much basic information that it's frankly alarming. You somehow don't know that the earth has changed over time and wasn't always habitable. You somehow don't understand evolution. You somehow don't understand much of anything. So, no. Your way is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Stratified layers do not indicate time, they indicate heavy oscillation. Like huge waves.

Please tell me you've never seen fossilized trees standing vertically through millions of layers of settled dust, because once you do, you know you are looking at a lie.

Nature is lying to you. It says right in the book!

edit on 10-2-2017 by ChelseaHubble because: Typographical error

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ChelseaHubble

Educate yourself
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join