It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Keep James Comey as FBI Director

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It will all flesh out, eventually.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: angeldoll

Understood, if it's not Vladimir, it's Comey. Either way it was not Hillary that caused Hillary to loose the election.

Correct?

And when it becomes apparent that neither Putin nor Comey were responsible, next in line will be the Easter Bunny.

It's quite amusing, really. Many Trump/Independent voters and many Clinton apologists are now officially using the same slogan - "Anybody But Hillary"

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: olaru12

It will all flesh out, eventually.

and all transgressions will be blamed on someone else. The GOP has apparently forgotten their old cliche of "take personal responsibility"

The pattern in well in place; I hold this very thread as evidence.
edit on 24-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Maybe Hillary would have won if all those women had marched the day before the election and not at their funeral the day after Trump was inaugurated.

Too little, too late.

But let's blame Comey & Russia, that's easier.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: kosmicjack

But, don't you think Trump is actually the one keeping all this going? The recent statement about 'illegal voters the reason he lost the popular vote"?

Of course people are going to respond. He's a nut.

He says many things to make people respond. And people oblige. While everyone is hopping up and down over his "illegal voter" statement, nobody is paying attention to the more serious work going on in the background.

You're too busy hating the player to pay attention to the game.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
Maybe Hillary would have won if all those women had marched the day before the election and not at their funeral the day after Trump was inaugurated.

It was almost certainly planned as a Hillary victory march that was quickly re-purposed.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Trump to Keep James Comey as FBI Director

I would have fired him.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Good news, loam. Bumped. If I had any wish for an encore,
Comey was it. In the first place he was hamstrung by Lynch,
and in the second there was an invisible tornado of intrigue
that looked to blow the whole Mall to pieces if he actually
DID the job of 'FULL discovery'.

It looks like the latter could still happen with a new face and
a long leash-- ergo a sigh of relief and the prospect of some
scraps from the table for us plebs.. without a total collapse.

It seems if Sessions gets the AG job and James is OMG allowed
to do his this time; we could get some forward progress toward
a real investigation into both parties. Yes I DO believe that if
The big chief is in the heavy wrong somewhere the process
may be fair and transparent enough to clothesline him too.
I'd rather get some bad news than lies or dead air.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Interesting move. Of course, the NY Times doesn't highlight it also would allow for continuity into HRC's investigations.

Interesting ... because Comey's already on record for the reasons he won't push for Clinton's indictment.

I believe this concession on Trump's part was what got conciliation from the Neo-Cons holding the reigns in Congress.

They can't allow someone as senior as Clinton to be prosecuted. Otherwise, they could all face indictment.

This 'Above The Law' ... BS ... is BS.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Understood, if it's not Vladimir, it's Comey. Either way it was not Hillary that caused Hillary to loose the election.

Correct?

You. I've answered a question that I've pondered for a long time: If I could pick up and go anywhere and hit the town with one ATS member...who would it be? Knowing me as long as I have, I would've thought it would've ended up being one of our exceptionally intelligent, righteously cool, & utterly fascinating ladies.

But, nope, it's the exceptionally intelligent, righteously cool, & utterly fascinating, Sublimecraft. Indubitably.

I still might hit the town with one of our exceptionally intelligent, righteously cool, & utterly fascinating ladies at some point if that wouldn't diminish the "award" any for you?

Having said all that: THIS. Your quote. Maybe some of y'all could move past this point? It's hurting you in the overall debate because the logic is solid and you only insult your own facility for logic. I'm not saying that in a mean way.

I also believe with President Trump's continued performance and obvious determination to do a good job; to continue bringing diverse groups and leaders and common folk together; and for the first time in forever actually put America first ALONG with the kind of logic you bring to the discussion, Sublimecraft, many will--and I believe ARE--coming around and shaking off the spell of the globalist psy-op. Thank you and keep up the good work, it's important.

COMEY? I admit to having a hard time getting a feel for the cat, but Aliensun makes a good case for him.

edit on 24-1-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Interesting ... because Comey's already on record for the reasons he won't push for Clinton's indictment.

Listen carefully to Comey's "reasons".
Such as that no prosecutor would prosecute.
Interpretation - no matter what he did Lynch was not going to prosecute, regardless of what he said.

This is why Comey took the step of telling the public as much as he could.
He told the "facts", showing that Clinton should be convicted, then said that no prosecutor would convict because "she did not mean to do wrong" (paraphrase).
Think about that.
It is pretty much the same thing Obama said during the investigation - that she did not intend to do wrong.
The intention excuse would not have worked with anyone else.
Obama and Lynch had Comey in a bad position.
He did the best he could at the time.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Yup.

If Comey had "recommended" an indictment, the entire conversation would have ended right there and would have become "classified at the time".

Somebody played it smart.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Wait, wasn't there a thread last week that "confirmed" that Comey had actually been fired already and it just hadn't been announced?

I wonder how that'll be spun now.

Checking the list of previous directors, it seems the position most often changes around September, which probably means a July or so replacement decision. It also most often changes during the year a new President comes in.

Just because Trump is keeping him right now doesn't mean he wants to leave him there forever.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
""We have some more damning trash on Hillary!" "Wait for it"!.

Hours before the election: "Oh,Nevermind, looks like we don't".

But that was after Hillary's second $649,000 check cleared.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So, for those not brainwashed by the left and right and still believe in shadow governments. Is Comey one of those running this circus? Evidence is pointing that way seeing as how Trump has fired literally everyone and the janitor thus far.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I vacillated back and forth regarding Comey. I really felt one way one day, then cut him some slack the next. My radar is still up, but I can't exactly tell you why....yet.

Comey HAD to inform Congress about Weiner's computer and the Clinton-related State Department info that was found on it. In his hearing before the Congress, he had sworn that if additional information came forth, Congress would be informed.

Additional information came forth when they discovered the weiner's laptop full of State Department material. Comey was obligated, regardless of the timing, to tell Congress because he had sworn to.

He had no choice. It was done not to help nor hinder Clinton.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

What an absolute cop-out, you won't dance to my tune - because you cannot. You cannot logically link Russia, US voters and Trumps victory into one coherent theory.

Prove me wrong.

Sorry. I lack motivation to do as you ask. As I said, I don't dance on demand. You have a Trump-blessed evening.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I'm really interested in reading your point of view, but it must be moot if you're unwilling to prove it. I'd really like to know how exposing Hilary's lies and the dnc's full blown bs of helping her is a bad thing? The RNC hated trump, they didn't want him and yet still the people voted him in over Hillary....think about that. How freaking terrible of a person she must be for trump to win?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The FBI is a mess and could use a thorough redo. Comey seemed to play both sides of the fence and both hurt and helped Hillary. He could have completely derailed her had he done his job, but he also waffled and still cost her the election. He seemed more incompetent and spineless than anything. Not happy about this, the FBI needs to be turned around more than any agency except for the Justice Department and he seems to be cleaning up every other agency. Why not the FBI?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Good choice.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join