It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Keep James Comey as FBI Director

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, told his top agents from around the country that he had been asked by President Trump to stay on the job running the federal government’s top law enforcement agency, according to people familiar with the matter.

A decision to retain Mr. Comey would spare the president another potentially bruising confirmation battle. It also would keep Mr. Comey at the center of the F.B.I.’s investigation into several Trump associates and their potential ties with the Russian government.

Link.

Interesting move. Of course, the NY Times doesn't highlight it also would allow for continuity into HRC's investigations.

edit on 24-1-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Should have seen this coming, after Comey performed such a great "assist" in getting him elected.

"We have some more damning trash on Hillary!" "Wait for it"!.

Hours before the election: "Oh,Nevermind, looks like we don't".

Trump would be a fool not to want such a lackey.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Should have seen this coming, after Comey performed such a great "assist" in getting him elected.

Make sense and if he is not to be trusted best keep him real close. TRUMPINATOR is shrude!

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

You don't seem to understand that Hillary's own actions and misdeeds helped him get elected. Why place blame elsewhere?

+12 more 
link   

That's funny considering MSM continuously bashed Trump with everything from false Pedo and rape allegations to being a double agent working with Russia to undermine the country. But please, keep telling us how coverage was so unfair for poor old Hillary.

link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Make sense and if he is not to be trusted best keep him real close.

Oh please. If he is not to be trusted, he should be fired. Besides, it looks like he will dance to Trump's tune. It's the rest of the country that needs to worry about his motives.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

"Guy kills someone"
The detectives are out to get this guy, can you believe them!

Smart move, Comey may have been under threat to back off. Also much less likely the documents get destroyed.

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Understood, if it's not Vladimir, it's Comey. Either way it was not Hillary that caused Hillary to loose the election.

Correct?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Wait, wasn't there a thread last week that "confirmed" that Comey had actually been fired already and it just hadn't been announced?

I wonder how that'll be spun now.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Understood, if it's not Vladimir, it's Comey. Either way it was not Hillary that caused Hillary to loose the election.

Correct?

Would you like to deny that Comey didn't help Trump? Would you like to deny that Russia didn't help Trump?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Comey gave Hillary a free pass to start with. Once his troops started to revolt, he attempted to level the playing field. Maybe some bad moves, but he wanted, I assume, to do the right thing. The fact that Trump is keeping him on seems to be evidence that Comey wants to finish the job properly and restore some of the faith in himself and the FBI.

Call him a lackey, if you will, but if anything he was a Clinton lackey with his first finding about the case and he has regretted that move ever since and will now proceed according to due process.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

It's funny that you're so amped up over the hours/days leading up to the election and Comey's behavior then, but not worried about the weeks and months leading up to the election and the campaign Clinton ran that entire time.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It's pretty interesting but, I dunno...I think Trump missed a great opportunity to take the wind out of the sails of left-leaning conspiracy theorists and also take some of the cloud of suspicion off of himself and his staff. But, since he is running the board in DC now, he doesn't care.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Interesting move. Of course, the NY Times doesn't highlight it also would allow for continuity into HRC's investigations.

What a surprise...not! Next.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Would you like to deny that Comey didn't help Trump? Would you like to deny that Russia didn't help Trump?

Yep, neither Putin or Comey got Trump elected. People sick and tired of the lies and corruption did.

Comey did exactly what he had to when he sent a letter to congress advising them a new avenue was being investigated on Clinton. He couldnt do anything else, he was legally required to tell them new information was at hand and it was being looked into. He didnt plan for it, stage it or advertise it. He sent a letter to congress because Abedin's laptop had information on it.

Its a total load of nonsense if you think Comey didnt conduct himself professionally.

Listen to his original statement regarding Clinton, he said everything he was able to, he squarely put the onus on the Attorney General not being reasonable about pursuing an investigation.

more total nonsense from the left because Clinton lost.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

The flip side of that being that other CTs would run with the bit mentioned in the OP: the investigation into Trump's associates. I don't think it particularly matters which way he went, a sizable chunk of people were going to question the motives behind it.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'm not sure I'm amped up. Although I could use a little amp. Miles to go today.

I'm just saying Comey lost credibility with a good many people after that little maneuver, you know, things an FBI director should have, like veracity, credibility, no pledge to either side. It actually makes my mind go to a dark place. Like "pay to play".

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
A real Pay for Play Administration. Let me guess, at least it isn't Hillary.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

True. Until someone pays the toll for Hillary's loss, there will be rumors and theories.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

He didn't help Trump.

He hurt Clinton with alternative facts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join