It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to silence an entire block of protestors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+83 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I know I'm suppose to provide my "in-depth" commentary on what this video is about and all that - but most importantly and to the point... this just needs to be watched:

Just goes to show what one man with enough balls can achieve when talking common sense. I reckon he actually *may* have gotten through to a lot of the people protesting there and make them question themselves on what the hell they're really achieving.

Not an easy feat shutting up an entire block of liberal protestors.

Big props to "Big Joe" - a lot of respect for what you did.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

No...

You STILL need to provide a summary of contents.

+79 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Everyone needs to watch this - random black dude shuts down a herd of triggered SJWs with logic and an awareness of history as to why Trump won and how the liberals have been infiltrated and are hell bent on destroying America.

He totally pwned the lot of them, knowledge is power.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

+59 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Let's try to surmise based on my OP what the video might contain, shall we?

1. A man that goes by the name of 'Big Joe'.
2. A block full of liberal protesters.
3. The talking of common sense.
4. The shutting up of liberal protestors.
5. My opinion that it's well worth the watch.

What else did you want? A transcript? Because I ain't got the time.

+25 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It's definitely worth the watch, he's a smart dude.

+28 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The best part was the white girl with the dreadlocks telling him he was what's wrong with America.

I laughed so hard.

+33 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I love how all of the protesters were standing in a circle listening to the guy by the end of the video.

Fellas like this give me hope for 'Murica.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

The man failed to shut them up. He also made some false statements. He spoke of a majority, but Mr Trump does not have a majority. He won states, not people. Further to that, his argument that the Democrats are the most historically racist party may hold water, but it does not hold any relevance when looked at through the lens of what is happening today. Today, the vast majority of people with far right, extremist, divisive, racist, and even fascist opinions, will have voted for Trump this time around, and that is just a fact. Furthermore, liberalism is not what Clinton or Obama did or does, it is instead what the people who follow it at grass roots do, to whit, refusing to judge people based on superficialities like race, religion, sexual preference and gender identity, and instead by whether or not a person is actually willing to treat people as equals or not. Those who are not, are rightly considered a massive problem, because the future cannot be bright or even functional, with people who refuse to engage with others based on nonsensical notions of supremacy, still walking around making trouble for regular folk.

Big Joe did not talk a damn lick of sense. What he did was make some ill informed statements that he picked up from some right leaning talk radio piece, or, Christ help us all, Sean Hannity or some other right wing peddler of propaganda. You can tell how realistic and informed he was, by how he said "I do not even understand why this is happening!".

If he were here, I would have to say to him:

Well Joe, MORE than half of your nations voting public are aware that Trump is about to destroy everything that the human and civil rights movement has been about creating for the last few decades at a stretch, the women in that crowd have just had a room full of men make some very far reaching choices about how they may and may not use their body parts, and that is just in the first few days. Joe, you claim to be up on your history, and you claim to know a thing or two, about this and that, lambast others for their lack of knowledge and so on, so I should not need to tell you, that the only reason you are free to ride your bicycle down the street without getting spat on, shouted at or abused LEGALLY, is that at some point people were prepared to stand up for what they believed in, that being the freedom of persons of colour, their right to vote, their right to equality and a fair shake, just the same as everyone else was allegedly allowed at the time.

The only reason there is any kind of a civil rights ethic in your country today, is because despite the ignorance of some fat guy on the corner, who clearly is not smart enough to look after himself worth a God damn, people went out of their homes, went out of their way, put themselves in danger from batons, bullets and tear gas, to make a point. If you love your country, its right to freedom of speech, if you love your country and its history so much, you should see any but a Nazi march as a beautiful manifestation of the constitution, a walking monument to its timeless wisdom.

But for some reason, likely because you have a small mind Joe, likely because you view everything through your partisan attitudes, as opposed to an even handedness which corrects the balance in your world view, you see these marches as some how Anti American.

@OP

Its disingenuous to claim that this man won the debate he was failing to have with those women, and its even more fallacious to suggest that he had a point. The fake news peddling, right wing media (of which there is a great deal more than the other kind, as it happens), have more to do with this mans attitudes than does his own critical thinking capacity.

+31 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

He makes some really good points. If the division continues, and the violent protests continue, eventually, bad things will happen. Protest at the voting booth. Screaming in the streets and breaking stuff isn't getting it done.

+33 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

No...

You STILL need to provide a summary of contents.

He did. 'Nuff said there. The video quickly speaks for itself within the first few seconds. Anti-Trump people will hate it, but Big Joe is not promoting Trump, he is promoting reason which is not related to near pointless organized protests with signs and crushed feelings.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

The man failed to shut them up. He also made some false statements. He spoke of a majority, but Mr Trump does not have a majority. He won states, not people. Further to that, his argument that the Democrats are the most historically racist party may hold water, but it does not hold any relevance when looked at through the lens of what is happening today. Today, the vast majority of people with far right, extremist, divisive, racist, and even fascist opinions, will have voted for Trump this time around, and that is just a fact. Furthermore, liberalism is not what Clinton or Obama did or does, it is instead what the people who follow it at grass roots do, to whit, refusing to judge people based on superficialities like race, religion, sexual preference and gender identity, and instead by whether or not a person is actually willing to treat people as equals or not. Those who are not, are rightly considered a massive problem, because the future cannot be bright or even functional, with people who refuse to engage with others based on nonsensical notions of supremacy, still walking around making trouble for regular folk.

Big Joe did not talk a damn lick of sense. What he did was make some ill informed statements that he picked up from some right leaning talk radio piece, or, Christ help us all, Sean Hannity or some other right wing peddler of propaganda. You can tell how realistic and informed he was, by how he said "I do not even understand why this is happening!".

If he were here, I would have to say to him:

Well Joe, MORE than half of your nations voting public are aware that Trump is about to destroy everything that the human and civil rights movement has been about creating for the last few decades at a stretch, the women in that crowd have just had a room full of men make some very far reaching choices about how they may and may not use their body parts, and that is just in the first few days. Joe, you claim to be up on your history, and you claim to know a thing or two, about this and that, lambast others for their lack of knowledge and so on, so I should not need to tell you, that the only reason you are free to ride your bicycle down the street without getting spat on, shouted at or abused LEGALLY, is that at some point people were prepared to stand up for what they believed in, that being the freedom of persons of colour, their right to vote, their right to equality and a fair shake, just the same as everyone else was allegedly allowed at the time.

The only reason there is any kind of a civil rights ethic in your country today, is because despite the ignorance of some fat guy on the corner, who clearly is not smart enough to look after himself worth a God damn, people went out of their homes, went out of their way, put themselves in danger from batons, bullets and tear gas, to make a point. If you love your country, its right to freedom of speech, if you love your country and its history so much, you should see any but a Nazi march as a beautiful manifestation of the constitution, a walking monument to its timeless wisdom.

But for some reason, likely because you have a small mind Joe, likely because you view everything through your partisan attitudes, as opposed to an even handedness which corrects the balance in your world view, you see these marches as some how Anti American.

@OP

Its disingenuous to claim that this man won the debate he was failing to have with those women, and its even more fallacious to suggest that he had a point. The fake news peddling, right wing media (of which there is a great deal more than the other kind, as it happens), have more to do with this mans attitudes than does his own critical thinking capacity.

Unless you voted for Trump, then you are automatically a racist.

+49 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The man failed to shut them up.

Start watching about 5.5, 6 minutes in.

He spoke of a majority, but Mr Trump does not have a majority. He won states, not people.

Split hairs much? He still won the election. Pretty moot point.

Today, the vast majority of people with far right, extremist, divisive, racist, and even fascist opinions, will have voted for Trump this time around, and that is just a fact.

Yes, the same voters who put a black guy (named Hussein no less) in the white house twice in a row are now suddenly turned racist.

You can tell how realistic and informed he was, by how he said "I do not even understand why this is happening!".

And there are many people (not just Americans) that share his confusion. Heres an idea, lets see what the guy actually does as President before we start protesting.

The only reason there is any kind of a civil rights ethic in your country today, is because despite the ignorance of some fat guy on the corner, who clearly is not smart enough to look after himself worth a God damn,

So fat people are incapable of making their own decisions because they're fat? Well there goes 2/3 of the voting population in America and the UK as well.

Is that really the best you can do?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Noooo...

That is not what I said, or what I meant.

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Everyone needs to watch this - random black dude shuts down a herd of triggered SJWs with logic and an awareness of history as to why Trump won and how the liberals have been infiltrated and are hell bent on destroying America.

He totally pwned the lot of them, knowledge is power.

Well said, I was actually cheering him at my desk here.

Your my new hero Big Joe

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

He has not made a very good start.

Already taking rights away from women, first thing off the bat, first piece of paper he signed. Does not bode well in the least.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Noooo...

That is not what I said, or what I meant.

I understand YOUR point, but you fail to grasp that the loudest liberals seem to think just that. It's way to easy to just lump all those who think differently into a single basket, a racist basked, a......deplorable basket.

+25 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Frankly, I thought the OP's video was, in a word, ... awesome!

2nd.

+33 more 
link   
A Black man standing there spouting logic just screwed them up. They couldn't use their usual tactics of screaming "Racist!" and pat each other on the back for their "victory". The girl just stood there screaming "Liar!!", because she couldn't argue against him.
Yeah, keep screaming sunshine...that makes all those bad facts just disappear. I wonder how many of them actually had a discussion of their purpose after that.....or just ignored it all and consoled each other because that bad man "attacked" them.

+38 more 
link   

The man failed to shut them up.

Feeling a bit disingenuous today, are we? Did you even watch the whole video?

He spoke of a majority, but Mr Trump does not have a majority. He won states, not people.

What he actually said was 100% spot on. The majority of the country voted for Trump. Not the majority of the votes. There is a very good reason for the electoral college and to be honest I'm somewhat baffled that you (someone I deem quite intelligent) cannot see that.

What I saw in that video is a voice of reason that stood firm against a great angry mob that tried, but failed to silence him. The mob was silenced, and the voice of reason prevailed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join