It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's 'day of patriotic devotion' has echoes of North Korea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

“There is no freedom where the people do not believe in it; no law where the people do not follow it; and no peace where the people do not pray for it.

I call BS on this, I haven't prayed in a long time (most of my life in fact and I live a very peaceful existence, in a very peaceful part of Scotland. One could almost say there is peace here...

edit on 24/1/17 by djz3ro because: I had to fix the code...

edit on 24/1/17 by djz3ro because: See above

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

It used to be treated as such up until about 106 years ago.

It is not echo's of NK but echo's of USA's past.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Looks like another anti-Trump trigger heart attack !!

Good work.

"keep your friends close and your enemies triggered"

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I think it is 100% fake news, but we shall see.

Oh, it's real!

“Now, therefore, I, Donald J. Trump, president of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Jan. 20, 2017, as National Day of Patriotic Devotion, in order to strengthen our bonds to each other and to our country — and to renew the duties of government to the people,”

“Our Constitution is written on parchment, but it lives in the hearts of the American people,” the order continues. “There is no freedom where the people do not believe in it; no law where the people do not follow it; and no peace where the people do not pray for it.”

www.washingtonpost.com... e79a40d

Oh dear small handed leader, the honeymoon was over before the festivities!

Too bad Cheetos Jesus wasn't paying attentions to the real displays of patriotism when millions of women and men took to the streets on January 21, 2017

Well that Cheetos Jesus is in the White House. Where are you? On the outside, whining.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gernblan

Where are you? On the outside making excuses for him?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
"" Trump's 'day of patriotic devotion' has echoes of North Korea ""

Difference is:

The U.S. has working nukes, NK don't.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Or you know, it could just be like the over a hundred "national days" that are common place across the globe.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The left's current attempt to try to equate all patriotism with dictatorships and things like that is nothing short of hilarious. Patriotism and love of country is a good thing. Nationalism and pride for the country you live in is a good thing. Feeling strong love for your own country is a good thing. If you don't think that living here is a good thing and you don't think that loving where you live is a good thing, then please, leave.
edit on 24-1-2017 by gernblan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gernblan

Where was the right's patriotism for the past 8 years, shutting down the government, claiming Obama to be an illegitimate, Kenyan born commie Muslim married to a transsexual, etc., etc., etc., ?????

Where is the right's patriotism during the election and after, when it came to trusting our Intelligence community leaders? The integrity of our election process and the Electoral College, when Donald Trump was swearing that the election was rigged and the Electoral College is a disaster for Democracy?

edit on 24-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Yeah, because America isn't known for trying to do everything bigger and better than everyone else.

They're also not a very patriotic nation.

You're just reading it how you want to read it to suit your narrative.

Sit down

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
God Bless America.

Even you liberal fools that live here.

Howzat?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

It's so bad that apparently even the Trump crowd won't defend it.

Ill have a crack

The "fake news" argument is frequently not based on whether something is true or not. The argument often rests on whether the spin being applied to the story is pro-Trump or anti-Trump.

Fake news has nothing to do with Trump but the extent to which it has been used on and against him is truly epic in proportion. More than any other person or topic in my lifetime has it been as obvious that the MSM is nothing but TPTB propaganda arm, and I dont mean little subliminal messages or getting a mouthpiece on air for a few minutes, Its full blown and outright owned and operated by them.

Now the reason the "news" article above should be considered as "fake news" is because it takes 2+2 and comes up with 174,675.
The article comparing Trump to Kim is an obvious hit piece, it has been the MO of the media to in everyway possible to try and associate Trump with negative stereotypes, Nazis, KKK, racist, rapist, war monger, you name it its been thrown at Trump and the latest in the line is a fat little dictator.

Its actually quite difficult to articulate but I think we feel the same about this.
the article linked is not news, its an opinion piece based on actual news, I feel this should be a significant distinction.
It takes the actual and total non event of Trump name day and makes it out to be insidious.

I gotta be honest it did seem really wrong to me and I thought what the article said might be right
"What messed up ego maniac names the day they were inaugurated?"
Well its turns out they all do

In my opinion "National Day of Renewal and Reconciliation" sounds way more Communist propagandary than
“national day of patriotic devotion” which is definately more Nazi

What I call "Fake news" is generally just news spun with a totally onesided and biased opinion piece so that at the end of the article your left with a huge pile of assumptions or ill fitting associations that dont acurately reflect the situation

top topics

<< 1   >>

join