It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution does not happen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
IMAGINARY MECHANISMS OF EVOLUTION

The neo-Darwinist model, which we shall take as the mainstream theory of evolution today, argues that life has evolved through two natural mechanisms: "natural selection" and "mutation". The theory basically asserts that natural selection and mutation are two complementary mechanisms. The origin of evolutionary modifications lies in random mutations that take place in the genetic structures of living things. The traits brought about by mutations are selected by the mechanism of natural selection, and by this means living things evolve...............

read the rest here
www.evolutiondeceit.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Why don't you give us YOUR opinion on why it does not happen. Anyone can provide a link to anything on the net these days.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Why so you can start an argument with him/her to make yourself feel better?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I must say, after reading a couple of pages they make a rather compelling case. Interesting read for people who have the time.. Thanks for the link

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CmptrN3rd5

Dont be rude.

You cant just give a web page and not say how you feel. It not done that way.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
That's your opinion

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
i read as much of it i can swallow without throwing up lol

i disagree with this article 100%

theres ample evidence that genetic mutation and natural selection are real things

every time a couple has a child; the childs DNA is different than their parents

simple plain evolution at its easiest to see point
Birth

anyways i have a strange feeling this guy posted this particular article for one of two reasons *JUST speculation* im not accusing him im just saying "maybe he is doing this because"

1 . he could just want to rile up another evolution vs creationism arguement
which i would NOT participate in *if it degrades to that*

2. he has religious reasons for posting such a headline ie: furthering the creationist theory by providing us with sketchy "iffy" ideas that make "evolution look fake"

3. he loves watching us fight about it

if his modivations do not partian to those speculations offered above
I humbly apoligize for being an idiot

otherwise , if one of those reasons is his motive for posting this thread
i suggest someone throw a tomato at em lol

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CmptrN3rd5

Actually it is because I just don't have the time to waste it reading every link that everyone posts on every message board I am on. That is not to say that the original poster's link is not important or interesting, but that I can not tell which ones are and which ones are not simply by the name of the link. Perhaps if a short synopsis of the article or the poster's thought were presented I might spend my time on it.

By the way, what the hell is your problem?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
ahh ok i just found it on this website linked above 'evolutiondeciet'

it is Creationist Propaganda

this is about Evolution vs Creationism

so this guy IS trying to start the evolution vs creation arguement all over agian

cmon havent we gone thru this enough already? dont you think its overdone?

theres a thousand places on this site already where people have argued over that particular point

give it up

From the Site linked above::::: and im copy-pasting the article

::::::::THE FACT OF CREATION

In the previous sections of the book, we examined why the Theory of Evolution, which proposes that life was not created, is a fallacy completely contrary to scientific facts. We saw that modern science has revealed a very explicit fact through certain branches of science such as paleontology, biochemistry, and anatomy. This fact is that all living beings are created by Allah

In fact, to notice this fact one does not necessarily need to appeal to the complicated results obtained in biochemistry laboratories or geological excavations. The signs of an extraordinary wisdom are discernible in whatever living being one observes. There is a great technology and design in the body of an insect or a tiny fish in the depths of the sea never attained by human beings. Some living beings which even do not have a brain perfectly perform so complicated tasks as not to be accomplished even by human beings.

This great wisdom, design and plan that prevails over entire nature no doubt proves to provide solid evidence for the existence of a supreme Creator dominating over whole nature, who is Allah. Allah has furnished all living beings with extraordinary features and showed men the evident signs of His existence and might.

In the following pages, we will examine only a few of the countless evidences of Creation in nature.::::::::

boooooooooo
trash this thread
need i say more?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Fine. My opinion is that I agree with the article. Happy?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Have humans ever been around long enough to witness any biological organism evolve in a drastic way?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Darwinism and terrorism...

thats helerious!!

I read it, and I might give it a second thought if half way through it didn't say "God punishes the wicked" or somthing equally as absurd, honestly... can anyone actually think that darwanism is the cause of terrorism...

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by faddinglight
Have humans ever been around long enough to witness any biological organism evolve in a drastic way?

Maybe. But we've only been studying evolution for about 150 years.

However, we haven't witnessed the creation of the universe, either, but we can still see it's effects and speculate on what happened.

Read the link, it makes no points that haven't been discussed ad nauseum before.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I want to create a birdhouse, hmm I need wood, a saw, a hammer, some nails, and a plan. These are the tools I need.

Hmm I want to create a universe with self replicating complex adaptive patterns of energy, hmmm, I need some material and a plan.

Did God create the world? Yes

Evolution was his tool.

These people on that website are dangerous, If your child goes to a school with these ignorant people pull them out and home teach them.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I think a reason he created this thread is to rack up points, since it is such an arguable topic.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Evolution occurs, despite some people's insistence that it does, see www.talkorigins.org...

Fine. My opinion is that I agree with the article. Happy?

No, not happy. People are aware of the webpage. What about the webpage's arugment did you find convincing?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Is the glass half full or half empty?

i.e Are these random mutations random, or the result of nessesity.
A girraff with a short neck wont reach the food at the top of the tree.
Bingo, a fortuitious random mutation gives it a longer neck. ????
Theres is just too much evidence that the theorised mechanisms are reason for evolutionary change. These changes are too perfectly syncronistic with enviromental and other demands to be mere fortunate random mutations. These mutations are Not random, but perfectly suited to a specific need.
I think theres been far too many "fortuitious "random" mutations"
to conclude that the original theorys/mechanism for evolutionary change
are incorrect. I think one is the result of the other, and its worked and continues to work perfectly. Evolution is, IMO fact, the mechanism for evolutionary change, and the physical genetic execution of it, make it all the more awesome.
Some folk call this cause and effect, others call it the work of god.

A better question would be what causes a mutation nessesary to species survival, so timely and so well. Does the animal itself cause the genetic change? I dont think so, its an individual animal. Does the enviroment itself cause gentic change for its own benifit ?Most would say the enviroment has no conciousness, so what does it ?
[edit on 013131p://00011 by instar]

[edit on 013131p://05011 by instar]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by theghost88
IMAGINARY MECHANISMS OF EVOLUTION

The neo-Darwinist model, which we shall take as the mainstream theory of evolution today, argues that life has evolved through two natural mechanisms: "natural selection" and "mutation". The theory basically asserts that natural selection and mutation are two complementary mechanisms. The origin of evolutionary modifications lies in random mutations that take place in the genetic structures of living things. The traits brought about by mutations are selected by the mechanism of natural selection, and by this means living things evolve...............

read the rest here
www.evolutiondeceit.com...

Eh, it's the same old thing again -- it's been hammered to death on www.talkorigins.org... and they still keep coming up with the same lame arguments.

Now, I assume you've seen some of the strange dog breeds we have trotting around? If evolution (mutations and breeding with a restricted gene pool because of ecological isolation (in this case by humans)) wasn't true, then we wouldn't have dog breeds.

And most of the cats on Key West wouldn't be polydactyls (more than the usual number of toes.)

Nor would bacteria evolve into medication resistant strains.

And yes, we've seen new species arise. But the creationist crew ignores it and tries to redefine "kind" to say that we haven't seen new species being produced.

Try talkorigins.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Isnt this the crux of the entire evolution v's creation argument?

Some folk call this cause and effect, others call it the work of god.
A better question would be what causes a mutation nessesary to species survival, so timely and so well. Does the animal itself cause the genetic change? I dont think so, its an individual animal. Does the enviroment itself cause gentic change for its own benifit ?Most would say the enviroment has no conciousness, so what does it ?

The answer is we may never know or be able to dissect that secret element, so it comes down to evidence and faith. The argument clearly cant be won by either side.

Btw, i dont buy the alien intervention crap, wont, cant till its proven irrefutably and ill wager it be a cold day in hell before that happens .

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
organismsn clearly evolve. It is common sense. Over millenia organisms adapt to live on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join