It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the europeans ever be powerful?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'd think a Super Hornet, especially once they get the new helmet-mounted electronics into it and more powerful engines and radar, will be pretty unbeatable against most aircraft; also, US Navy and Marine pilots are amongst the best in the world.

But these aircraft wouldn't be fighting Europe, they'd be fighting China or Russia or North Korea as it stands.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
150 mile screen? # man with the 14's that was damn near 350-400nm, now its at least 250nm

Well, if thats the range then fine.
Still only 50 NM till fireing range, more than able to get inside that easily.

No the smaller carriers with not be near as flexible and will have to be bunched anyway to have the necessary firepower.

Not really, It allows them to have lots of smaller carriers to do the job of one big one that way makeing it easier to swarm.

Do you know what the antisub capabilities of the Burke and Tico's are?

No, care to tell me.....

Sorry no ill meant here but
, not even a chance , unless in the English channel, open ocean the European navies could not even handle the 6th Fleet.

Not really, the european navies have a decent sub and surface fleet.
But this wouldnt be a navies alone fight now would it?

Yeah nice concept if they can make it work, same theory is behind the phalanx and Goalkeeper, 'wall of lead'

Seen thiere grenade launcher

Look the Typhoon is a nice AC, outclasses the Griffin, and you can count the Rafael in that also, but the F-18E can hold its own.......F-18C/D you would be correct.

F-18-E, now whens that due in service?
The typhoon could handle an F-18, IMO

But a necessary one...go check Harpoon3, do a net search.

Cant, school doesnt allow it...stupid school, try when get home...

But it has limitations, mainly in firepower...

Hmm but what exsactly are you guys gona fight?
The only real naval threat is china and thats still a brown water navy.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
[quote

Not at all, in Modern Naval Combat, you will take what you can get and if a $30 million dollar FFG can take the hit instead of a $20 Billion dollar CVN, then it has done its job. The trick is to make sure that it does not need to take a hit. Again 300 miles in every direction of the CVBG anything that moves is toast...........with the exception of a sub but that is another topic...

Not really, a ship with anti aircraft weapons would be safe.
Still takeing a hit for a carrier is a good stratagy but a bit scary.

Shefield, Coventry, Ardent and Antilliope all took the hit on the picket line protecting either carriers or troop ships. The method is tried tested and works.

I am also sorry to say that in a blue sea's engagement the US fleets wins pretty much every time. The EU fleets would fare much better in the littoral waters of the coastal shelf but even then would suffer horrendous losses and would struggle to damage the fleet. Good job it is extreamly unlikely to happen!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Though not all countries in Europe are popular within the present administration lately (vica versa), but the big three are getting their act together as far as economics. The Euro Dollar is the thing to watch as it may exceed the value of (par) and become more favorable than US currency. But for now China is the big bannana I cannot recall which President gave China MFN (Most Favored Nation) status but wow look at the result.
Dallas

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Have a read over that. If you have one Military, one 'mind', one currency, etc, it'd work like America but with greater spending power.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by benedict arnold
i dont think they ever will. THeir days are over. The british ditched india 60 years ago. The french are busy eating crepes and snails and the germans cant get over sauerkraut. Ok seriously they just cant get project any power nowadays. India could whip the French.

But do you think the europeans wil ever have an important part to play in world affairs in the next 100 years. I got nothing to do so please respond.

HA HA!
OMG man!
Do you know how much of the forces in iraq the british service men and women made up?
1/4th of the forces there.
And britain is one of the smallest forces in the world and in europe.
Europe has the best tech , yes thats right yanks we have equal tech, and better training.

Hi there, This is a funny post! Look at the yanks they spend BILLIONS yet they have very good training but one problem, They are trained to TAKE order and carry them out where as a majority of europeans have there own WILL and decisions they do still take orders but do not take them as seriously. Example: A british soldier is told to murder 300 people in cold blood because of a command he would more than likely stand up and think to himself IS THIS RIGHT? On the other hand the American soldier is MADE to murder the same 300 people but he shows no emotion or compassion because he has been PROGRAMMED to do things because if they don't they will be thrown in jail! Tell me which one you would rather be? Do you really think America is the land of the free, home of the brave???? I DON'T I WOULD MUCH RATHER BE EU or even British (which I am)! But in my opinion I think the British or the rest of EU is not weak, soft, stupid at all I think we could take the yanks quite easily. No offence to any American.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hunting Veritas
But in my opinion I think the British or the rest of EU is not weak, soft, stupid at all I think we could take the yanks quite easily. No offence to any American.

I about pee'd meself!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

But in my opinion I think the British or the rest of EU is not weak, soft, stupid at all I think we could take the yanks quite easily. No offence to any American.

I about pee'd meself!

If it was a drinking or gambling compition then i believe we would win.........

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Hi there, This is a funny post! Look at the yanks they spend BILLIONS yet they have very good training but one problem, They are trained to TAKE order and carry them out where as a majority of europeans have there own WILL and decisions they do still take orders but do not take them as seriously. Example: A british soldier is told to murder 300 people in cold blood because of a command he would more than likely stand up and think to himself IS THIS RIGHT? On the other hand the American soldier is MADE to murder the same 300 people but he shows no emotion or compassion because he has been PROGRAMMED to do things because if they don't they will be thrown in jail! Tell me which one you would rather be? Do you really think America is the land of the free, home of the brave???? I DON'T I WOULD MUCH RATHER BE EU or even British (which I am)! But in my opinion I think the British or the rest of EU is not weak, soft, stupid at all I think we could take the yanks quite easily. No offence to any American.

I think any soldier in Europe or US would get warning or pass to court marshal, if ever disobeying direct orders. You should go army and see whats it means to be soldier. If you break direct order by stating your right, how can you know whats behind the idea, how can you say whos innocent? Soldier is meant to be tool, do as ordered or whole military would be chaos if everyone doubt about officers orders. Its easy to make fiction about war and make good and bad guys, but how can you really say who deserve to live in battle. Commanders can make good and bad decisions and in some cases they get responsible for their mistakes and try put yourself in position of commander their goal is to keep own troops alive and do the mission. Its possible in every army to happen to have sick minded officers, of course theres procedures to remove such, but human mind aint fully understanded not to mention its very unpredictable in different pressures.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

I about pee'd meself!

If it was a drinking or gambling compition then i believe we would win.........

Dude I like you! At least you know when to admit it, hell I would buy you a brew for that one!

Edit:in all seriousness, go here and check this out...you Will like it I think..

Harpoon3 Naval Warfare simulator - The Best a civilian can get!

[edit on 18-2-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

They are trained to TAKE order and carry them out where as a majority of europeans have there own WILL and decisions they do still take orders but do not take them as seriously. Example: A british soldier is told to murder 300 people in cold blood because of a command he would more than likely stand up and think to himself IS THIS RIGHT? On the other hand the American soldier is MADE to murder the same 300 people but he shows no emotion or compassion because he has been PROGRAMMED to do things because if they don't they will be thrown in jail! Tell me which one you would rather be? Do you really think America is the land of the free, home of the brave???? I DON'T I WOULD MUCH RATHER BE EU or even British (which I am)!

After peeing myself with your last comment, I have to remark here and say you haven't the slightest clue about Western military training and the quality thereof......I will just let you get back to your homework now, bring them logic grades up OK?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Dude I like you! At least you know when to admit it, hell I would buy you a brew for that one!

Edit:in all seriousness, go here and check this out...you Will like it I think..

Harpoon3 Naval Warfare simulator - The Best a civilian can get!

[edit on 18-2-2005 by edsinger]

HA HA ,I love the advertising , "the best a civilian can get" ha ha!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Thats not advertising, it is a true fact.......

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Yeh the Harpoon series rules
though it's very hard to play.

How could we (The World) ever defeat and invade America with patriotic zealots like Edsinger everywhere over there?
I know Australia is too apathetic for that, i'll just watch the cricket thanks

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
Yeh the Harpoon series rules
though it's very hard to play.

America with patriotic zealots like Edsinger

Yes but Harpoon3 brings a new twist, windowsXP and Multiplayer!

And for the comment, thanks

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Thats not advertising, it is a true fact.......

I know, its just that the "mach 3" advert pops into my head when i read it, lol I think they got the same guy to make the advertiseing!

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wasp if you want to learn about naval engagements, this is the program to do it with , and the most realistic without a security clearance. As a matter of fact, there is a version of this that you CANT Get just for that reason...

If you are a naval buff.....the $50 will be some of the best money you ever spent and the multi player on the INTERNET will let you play naval enthusiast all over the world. There are many in th on line community that update the databases quite frequently so the accuracy gets better and better.

I know that the Australians use it for training as does the US Navy just not in an official capacity.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Watch out DW.

Surely you must know by now that signing up (never mind giving the bu*gers your cash money!) to these US military 'games' is simply helping them devise warfare strategies they might not have considered themselves.

You might - if our US correspondants are correct in their wild ravings - be helping the 'enemy' one day!

(....and God knows what they'll drop into your PC unknown to you.
It's a paranoid world for a paranoid people, my man!
)

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
What?

The US military has no OFFICIAL capacity with the game, only the Aussies.

You want to learn naval warfare, then this is the way .........

didnt follow the link I take it..............

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The US military has no OFFICIAL capacity with the game, only the Aussies.

- Yeah right; you believe what you want to ed.

(Same thing applies to the Army 'game' the Americans released a while back. Put it in your PC at you peril!)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join