It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the europeans ever be powerful?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The IMPORTANT part of Russia is in Europe... The Asian part is the majority of Russian territory, But its only snowy barely habitable places, Such as Siberia, The thing is if America wanted to take out all of Europe, they would have to start on Russia.

You seem to be fixating on geography, not politics.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer
You seem to be fixating on geography, not politics.

Geography annd politics are friends.
The russians are part of europe.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
So, you're saying that Russia would come to the aid of Western Europe if they were at war?

Russia has as much contact with Asia as they do Europe historically. They have no love for the Europeans. Few Russians would probably call themselves European.

They really less part of Europe then Canada is part of America. We have friendly relations, great amounts of trade and family on both sides of the border.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

So, you're saying that Russia would come to the aid of Western Europe if they were at war?

Depends on the enemy , and as always if it would be benifitial.

Russia has as much contact with Asia as they do Europe historically. They have no love for the Europeans. Few Russians would probably call themselves European.

They have no hate for us ethier.
Yes probably, same with many americans calling them self north american , they would call themselves american.

They really less part of Europe then Canada is part of America. We have friendly relations, great amounts of trade and family on both sides of the border.

Not really, many country have deaks with them and they have a much better relationship with europe than canada does with america.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
DD, I think Russia would side with Western Europe no matter what they consider themselves. Russia was keen on acquiring Western Europe during the Cold War. There plans were to take Europe with as little force as possible to try and keep it intact, whilst destroying the US.

That would mean that the US would be attacking Western Europe, whilst defending their homeland ie Alaska from a Russian invasion - they still have battalions of paratroopers. I am sure Russia is still capable of manufacturing some great ships. A war almost always brings out the best of a countries manufacturing capabilities, even if its economy is low.

If it didn't go nuclear, America would fail in beating Europe + EuroRussia, and if Canada sided with Europe, it would put greater pressure on the US, as they would no doubt be the agressor and would also have to defend their homeland from land attack.

It would be a long and drawn out war no matter who allied with who, presuming nucs weren't used. Both sides would exhaust themselves building massive Armies, Navies and an Air Force. I think the US would have the initial victory, like Germany in WW2 due to their already existent large military force, but would then be beaten back as Europe + EuroRussia turned to military manufacturing, buffing up defences and their militaries.

Hmmm, too tough to decide who would win in a war between the US and Europe + EuroRussia

[edit on 13/2/05 by NoobCommando]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

DD, I think Russia would side with Western Europe no matter what they consider themselves. Russia was keen on acquiring Western Europe during the Cold War. There plans were to take Europe with as little force as possible to try and keep it intact, whilst destroying the US.

They tried to get everything they could get their hands on. It wasn't something special about Western Europe.

That would mean that the US would be attacking Western Europe, whilst defending their homeland ie Alaska from a Russian invasion - they still have battalions of paratroopers. I am sure Russia is still capable of manufacturing some great ships. A war almost always brings out the best of a countries manufacturing capabilities, even if its economy is low.

Russia could try to invade Alaska (something which itself is impossible for Russia to carry out...you're talking about supporting troops in a desolate wasteland to gain next to nothing of strategic value to America)

If it didn't go nuclear, America would fail in beating Europe + EuroRussia, and if Canada sided with Europe, it would put greater pressure on the US, as they would no doubt be the agressor and would also have to defend their homeland from land attack.

I think Canada would more or less stay nuetral.

It would be a long and drawn out war no matter who allied with who, presuming nucs weren't used. Both sides would exhaust themselves building massive Armies, Navies and an Air Force. I think the US would have the initial victory, like Germany in WW2 due to their already existent large military force, but would then be beaten back as Europe + EuroRussia turned to military manufacturing, buffing up defences and their militaries.

America could not win a long drawn out war with China or Europe.

America could very easily sweep across mainland Europe like Germany did in WW2. The British would be isolated. It'd probably be best to just bomb the hell out of them, then invade whatever is left.

I don't fear a two-front war with Russia and the British. We wouldn't need many ground troops to invade the British. There's no way there would be a replay of the Battle of Britain, either. Russia itself won't be in position to carry out any sort of long offensive war for some time.

If America could keep momentum up against Russia, it wouldn't be any more difficult then it was for the Germans. Their military is in a similiar state to that of WW2 before the invasion.

The combined military strength of these nations isn't a real problem for one simple reason. They'll be unable to gather their forces to make a concentrated stand. They lack the ability to move troops around. I also doubt they'd be able to work together effectively.

I've said this before. America would be able to pick the time, place, and circumstances of this war. As long as we can do that, we can win. America's main military strength does not lie in fancy weapons, but in deployability and manueverability. That is where everyone is the greatest distance from America.

Devilwasp

They have no hate for us ethier.
Yes probably, same with many americans calling them self north american , they would call themselves american.

It's hardly the same. Russia views itself as its own entity. It has always had a very distinct culture far different than Europe. It's people have always resisted the European culture. Most of Europe does share a culture. America and Canada share a culture. Mexican culture has integrated itself within America.

Not really, many country have deaks with them and they have a much better relationship with europe than canada does with america.

This is just really absurd. Canada is basically already part of America. Economically, Canada is basically like going between states. It's population is closely tied to our own. It's culture is the same.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by Disturbed Deliverer]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

It's hardly the same. Russia views itself as its own entity. It has always had a very distinct culture far different than Europe. It's people have always resisted the European culture. Most of Europe does share a culture. America and Canada share a culture. Mexican culture has integrated itself within America.

Oh to the contuary my friend, every country views itself as its own entity.
Yes ofcourse it has but it has always been part of this continent and they know this.
Actually , most of europe has many styles of country, i mean look down many streets across britain and you will find european and forign designs.

This is just really absurd. Canada is basically already part of America. Economically, Canada is basically like going between states. It's population is closely tied to our own. It's culture is the same.
[edit on 13-2-2005 by Disturbed Deliverer]

Yes , but europe is mainly the same due to the changeing political states and exchangeing of ideas and citizens.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Oh to the contuary my friend, every country views itself as its own entity.
Yes ofcourse it has but it has always been part of this continent and they know this.
Actually , most of europe has many styles of country, i mean look down many streets across britain and you will find european and forign designs.

No, most nations don't consider themselves their own entity. I, as an America, consider myself a Westerner. I'd be considered a Westerner. Europeans would be considered the same. Russians, on the other hand, would always be identified as Russians. Areas in Asia are similiar.

Russia has been cut off from West Europe for half a century. They have no bond with Europeans.

Yes , but europe is mainly the same due to the changeing political states and exchangeing of ideas and citizens.

I wasn't talking about all of Europe, just West Europe and East Europe/Russia. Your relationships are not buddy-buddy, especially with Russia.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

No, most nations don't consider themselves their own entity. I, as an America, consider myself a Westerner. I'd be considered a Westerner. Europeans would be considered the same. Russians, on the other hand, would always be identified as Russians. Areas in Asia are similiar.

Russians have the advantage of that though, they span 2 continents.

Russia has been cut off from West Europe for half a century. They have no bond with Europeans.

No, but recently we have been building bonds.

I wasn't talking about all of Europe, just West Europe and East Europe/Russia. Your relationships are not buddy-buddy, especially with Russia.

So was I, unless britain is not in west europe anymore.
Yes, we are not buddy- budddy yet but if the situation occured where a large threating force appeared russia would probably side with us.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Russians have the advantage of that though, they span 2 continents.

You finally comprehend...It's a miracle...

The Russians have a unique history. They mine as well be their own continent.

Yes, we are not buddy- budddy yet but if the situation occured where a large threating force appeared russia would probably side with us.

They have little to gain by helping out Europe. At most they may see it as their best chance to take down America, but they have more to lose with America's undoing then with Europe's at this point.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

You finally comprehend...It's a miracle...

I have actually understood from the start, you kind of beat around the bush for a while though.

The Russians have a unique history. They mine as well be their own continent.

Hmm not really, its not as big as a continent, its the fact it crosses the continents is the fact.

They have little to gain by helping out Europe. At most they may see it as their best chance to take down America, but they have more to lose with America's undoing then with Europe's at this point.

How?
The US loses its task force, bang there you go no more action needed since the US would be calling for a ceasefire.
They have much to gain, acess to tech, lucreative deals much money hell name it we've got it!!

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Europe has probably the most repressive tax system in the world. Most European countries pay their citizens not be productive. Heck why not go to a 3 day work week? Then you can import more Muslims into your countries to do your labor. Then you can all genuflect like the French to all these terrorists. You have to subsidize everything you make or produce. The way you reward excellence is to take away money from those who produce most. Why is it everyone wants to live in America? I worked with a consulting firm in San Diego. Most of the fellow engineers there where from the British Isles. Outstanding folks, who I consider it my pleasure to have known. They were some of the brightest and best GB has to offer. Why are they there? Because they can bring home more to their deserving families than in Europe. Technology... Europe? Bull hockey. Put a man on the moon in the next ten years and I will kiss the seat you sit on while some one else does your work. By the way, we did it 40 years ago. All with the help of Europe's best minds such as Von Broun. Read what he thought about America.
If we are not to be a power in the next century it is because we degraded to European standards of work ethics and morality. Such has been the fate of all great societies. America is like a giant live oak tree, beautiful to behold but possible rotten in the core. The leaves are still green but its time is counted. We put a patch on that tree with the reelection of Bush. He is a man who publicly proclaims his master is Jesus Christ. That is why Europeans hate him and us. So I leave Europeans and our Hollywood types to their debauchery and self love. Where else can you go but to athe EU where European laws that allow the age of consent between a man a boy of twelve years. If twelve is too old then "Holiday in Thailand" where they will sell you a prepubescent boy of 5. Why not just book whole pederast cruises for all you Bush haters?

Thank God there is Eastern Europe. Maybe you can fix the west.

There still is hope for England. We will be there again for you if you need us. But truthfully, Germany and France will never be a threat. Every time Germany's tanks advance two kilos, their allies, the French will retreat four.
So much for "Forth Reich"

Texans rule!!!!!

Give me a six shooter and a few Tennessee volunteers and I will conquer France and give it to you, England if you want it.

Go Illini!!!

25-0 Boys.....

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Wow, yet another US "diplomat" who sees the EU as europe

Firslt mate, you aint no jewel yourself when it comes to terrorists so stop with the french slagging.
Second, we have a tax system to cater for the needs of our people, dont like it? Dont live here.

Thirdly we have the worlds finest tech in our grasp and any we dont have could easily be aquired.
Fourhtly, concerning the space program. Let me ask you, can you go to the moon now?
No, why?
Cause the tech doesnt wrk...
WOW that looks gd.
Fourthly and lastly and most importantly , please refrain from calling "england" the UK since you are missing 75% of the united kingdom out.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
My bad mate; GB it is!

Acquired or stolen from the US?

Moon, No been der dun dat.....Mars and the first settlement should be called "the Alamo". Houston, we have lift off and the rest of the non believing world can kiss my silver spurs. Calm down you Germans, I do not swing that way. Give me a chandalier and a mug of New Glaris, Fat Squirrel, and I can swing that way. And watch me swagger!

Cheerio

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Thirdly we have the worlds finest tech in our grasp and any we dont have could easily be aquired.
Fourhtly, concerning the space program. Let me ask you, can you go to the moon now?
No, why?
Cause the tech doesnt wrk...
WOW that looks gd.
Fourthly and lastly and most importantly , please refrain from calling "england" the UK since you are missing 75% of the united kingdom out.

You have to be kidding! Sadly you are not. No we can no longer build a Saturn V, but technologically we could do it again IF we saw the need.

Reminds me of a story,

I was working with a German engineer once, a walking beam was having Hydraulic issues and the Kentucky mechanic was in the trench working away and he looked up and said,

"Well Klaus, what do you think of the great German engineering now?"

to which Klaus, good friend of mine said,

"Well just how many Steel mills are you Americans building these days?"

to which the Kentuckian said,

"Just how many Space Shuttles are you Kraut's flying these days?"

Latter that night over a beer, ol Klaus even admitted, that was a burn he had no recovery to........

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Nice come back for a dumb !@$!@# Kentuckian. No doubt a Bush man! Real men do like bush if yall know what I mean.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yes because we all know that the great minds on modern time were all educated under the American system
Einstein, Von Braun, Sir Issac Newton, Leo Szilard, Nikola Tesla, Alexander Fleming ect. Considering this i wouldn't go bashing the education system over there, that's not to say that America doesn't have a decent system itself of course.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by Trent]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Yes because we all know that the great minds on modern time were all educated under the American system Einstein, Von Braun, Sir Issac Newton, Leo Szilard, Nikola Tesla, Alexander Fleming ect. Considering this i wouldn't go bashing the education system over there, that's not to say that America doesn't have a decent system itself of course.

Who has been the most technologically advanced nation in the past half century...?

How?
The US loses its task force, bang there you go no more action needed since the US would be calling for a ceasefire.
They have much to gain, acess to tech, lucreative deals much money hell name it we've got it!!

They could get a lot more of all that by siding with America, and it would require a lot less loss of life on their part.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
You have to be kidding! Sadly you are not. No we can no longer build a Saturn V, but technologically we could do it again IF we saw the need.

Tell me again how if we dont have the best tech, how we invented the jump jet?
Actually no, the US is haveing to redesign the whole man to moon thing.

Reminds me of a story,

I was working with a German engineer once, a walking beam was having Hydraulic issues and the Kentucky mechanic was in the trench working away and he looked up and said,

"Well Klaus, what do you think of the great German engineering now?"

to which Klaus, good friend of mine said,

"Well just how many Steel mills are you Americans building these days?"

to which the Kentuckian said,

"Just how many Space Shuttles are you Kraut's flying these days?"

Latter that night over a beer, ol Klaus even admitted, that was a burn he had no recovery to........

tell him that the kentucky mechanic doesnt know that every peice of rocket tech the US invented the germans got there first.
And by every type i mean every type, a2a, a2s , g2g and A2G missiles.

Originally posted by Reaganwasourgreatest
Acquired or stolen from the US?

Most likely from japan and korea, since most tech is comeing from there and most probably from russia to if there was an attack.
The US only gets its best tech from abroad you all know that

Who has been the most technologically advanced nation in the past half century...?

Japan, ever wonder why everything comes out there first?

They could get a lot more of all that by siding with America, and it would require a lot less loss of life on their part.

Well lets see, US task force engaged by defending forces with terain and ground support advantage.
Also the russians hold the key to takeing out your fleet, sun burn missiles

[edit on 13-2-2005 by devilwasp]

[edit on 13-2-2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Yes because we all know that the great minds on modern time were all educated under the American system Einstein, Von Braun, Sir Issac Newton, Leo Szilard, Nikola Tesla, Alexander Fleming ect. Considering this i wouldn't go bashing the education system over there, that's not to say that America doesn't have a decent system itself of course.

I'm not sure why that is revelvant, corporations can hire people to work for them regardless of their nationality and that list certainly shows it. The list was of individuals not the companies they worked for. Just pointing out that Europe has a decent education system as do most other 1st world nations. That was the point of my post, all this my country is better than yours BS is rediculas.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by Trent]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join