It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, so how fake is this Alien footage?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Cause I don't recall seeing it before. So I will defer to all you who follow this kind of stuff constantly.

Is this fake as hell, just a little fake, or not fake at all?

Nicely done though. Look at the nice moisture on the skin, and the way the light reflects off of it. And all those burn marks? Ohhh, clever. Oh well, I needed a good laugh.

I SHOULD be laughing at this "obvious" hoax... right?

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Yes obvious hoax, the resolution looks high enough to be relatively modern and yet they added in those vertical lines to make it seem like old footage.

Pretty amateur if you ask me.
edit on 24-1-2017 by Quantumgamer1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Why only film it from one angle?

Looks like a silicon and rubber body that any good hollywood effects studio could probably produce for fun.

Its well done but even the camera resolution looks too clean for a old camera. If a new camera then why black and white?
edit on 24-1-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Well, what if it was a high quality old camera that only recorded in black and white?

(Someone's gotta play devil's advocate here I suppose)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I say fake....only because the camera is good enough to film moisture on the head but not good enough to film anything around it or on the sides of it....everything to the sides are unfocused or fuzzy ....you wouldn't have that .....plus whomever is filming , is filming in a darkish room ...turn on the lights for crying out loud ! Your filming an alien...don't you want to see it ? ....so I say fake. Plus I have yet to see a real one.
edit on 24-1-2017 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Pretty darned fake

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Obviously the footage is real.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Lets look at the way it's shot, more specifically, the gif like way the camera pans. At the time a camera seemingly black and white only would be used, the camera man wouldn't be filming like that. Unless they called in some one like Hitchcock to film the aliens head and nothing else.

And to me the aliens skin looks sculpted, I know sculpting techniques I could use to get skin texture like that. Ridiculously simple actually. it's amazing what people can do with clay.
edit on 24-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: Punctuation is great

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Like this one?

Its a movie prop. now in a UFO museum called, UFO Museum & Research Center, in Roswell New Mexico

edit on 2America/Chicago12Tue, 24 Jan 2017 01:12:41 -060024100000017 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Hah, that's the same alien.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Although the footage is quite obviously fake... the actual little guy in it seems quite accurate, apart from the proportions... Cranial dimensions, chin and the nose is too big, it should be more or less just tiny slots and no protrusion.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Here is a sample of old type film

Note the blurriness and the spots and dots from dust and deterioration. The clip you offer has none of this. Therefore a completely amateur fake using some modern ye olde film effect to try and pass it off.

It would have been more convincing in 720p colour. But then we would have seen how crappy the dummy they made really is.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Yes obvious hoax, the resolution looks high enough to be relatively modern and yet they added in those vertical lines to make it seem like old footage. Pretty amateur if you ask me.

I must concur.

The resolution gives it away.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

What's real or fake anymore? Video and editing technology has gotten to a point where even with a trained eye some professionals can't be 100% sure of the authenticity of some videos. Sure the video looks clean and sharp for black and white video footage back then, but most advances in technology are usually adapted for military use before it's put on the market for consumer applications. For those of us who can remember way back when they had recording tape. Remember this ad...

Just to clarify my point... Is this photo fake?

Find out the answer here...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

utterly fake

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmericanNose is too human looking...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Silicone alien . Fake as my ex-wifes tits .

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

but most advances in technology are usually adapted for military use before it's put on the market for consumer applications.

Fake

That old conspiracy cliche, did the test 9/10
edit on 24-1-2017 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Look's to smooth to be old fashioned cine reel, the scratches on the film can be seen to be just an effect overlaid on a smooth digital even frame image, if they were not the image with those scratches would jump and judder slightly, the resolution is not the problem the angle is too constant and avoids other view' of the supposed alien and the alien itself look's like a copy of the Stargate SG1 Alien's from the TV sci-fi show (which unlike the UFO phenomena paint's it's sci fi gray's as also being it's Nordic's were real world witness account's would suggest the gray and the Nordic may even have animosity between them).

My take it is cool but definitely fake.

So to recap, the frame rate is too smooth and appears higher than a small camera of the time would have been capable of - remember they were a balance between weight and number of images on the negative's so there frame rate was far more rationed than that video and so called moving images were actually a series of still frame's shown one after another in sequence just like to today but they had to contend with the bulk of the camera and how much film they used and so often the rate was about 30 fps or so.
The Scratch effect's do not match the frame rate and are obviously overlain.
The Alien is more like (Identical too) the Science fiction alien's called the Asgard from the sci fi show Stargate SG1 with the Exception of the Nose and this make's me think this could even be an early prop from an earlier version of them than it is to the genuine UFO account's of Gray Entity's.

Description's of Gray Alien's mostly from the US come in a wide variety of form's, some are not even gray but tan or peach coloured like on the image of Whitley Streibers Communion best Seller and they range from this (also insectoid alien's similar to preying mantis that may wear a gray alien suit?) to other account's and possible image's of being's with massive head's that DO look quite different so they if real do not indicate a single race but several all termed Gray Alien's.

But this image is far more Science fiction like but then never say never?.

Fake.

Actually fake's infuriate me, there makers are talented and clever but the harm they can do to a subject is inestimable.

I just googled this, this is film footage, hand held camera of US soldiers watching the Atom bomb tests (human guinea pig's) in the 50's so significantly after the Roswell incident for example occurred, note the shake of the camera and this is a good camera man, now the film will have deteriorated in that time since it was filmed before it was digitized but this help's to see how it looked.

I wonder how many of those men went on to suffer severe health issue's related to radioactive exposure.

edit on 24-1-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join