It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Lawmakers: ‘Illegals’ Cost Me the Popular Vote

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
They might be looking at this ........

Could non-citizens decide the November election?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: UKTruth

Post that study or stop talking about it. Also give me some quotes from Trump where he is using that study as his source for his stupid claim.

There are plenty of studies actually - one source is above, but there are more.
Google is your friend.
I don't know which one Trump used.
I have checked google regarding your claim and I can't find anything that supports the less than 1m claim (might exist...)
The only data I actually have seen, even though not conclusive, would point to Trump being in the right ballpark.
edit on 24/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

But there is evidence to back Trump's claims. A 2014 study in the online Electoral Studies Journal shows that in the 2008 and 2010 elections, illegal immigrant votes were in fact quite high.

"We find that some noncitizens participate in U.S. elections, and that this participation has been large enough to change meaningful election outcomes including Electoral College votes, and congressional elections," wrote Jesse T. Richman, Gulshan A. Chattha, both of Old Dominion University, and David C. Earnest of George Mason University.

More specifically, they write, "Noncitizen votes likely gave Senate Democrats the pivotal 60th vote needed to overcome filibusters in order to pass health care reform and other Obama administration priorities in the 111th Congress." Specifically, the authors say that illegals may have cast as many as 2.8 million votes in 2008 and 2010. That's a lot of votes. And when you consider the population of illegal inhabitants has only grown since then, it's not unreasonable to suppose that their vote has, too. Critics note that a Harvard team in 2015 had responded to the study, calling it "biased." But that report included this gem: "Further, the likely percent of noncitizen voters in recent U.S. elections is 0."

The actual data from the study has been posted here before - can't find it yet.
I seem to remember that they low balled the estimate, only taking illegals that said they voted and only if they could then be matched to electoral rolls.
edit on 24/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You make me smile Krazysh0t, because I am sure that when the national census comes around the first ones to open the doors to be counted are the illegal immigrants, what you think about that you think is true.

The 11 million number that is been paraded by the US census bureau, but what they don' t tell you is that that same number has been used for the last decade.

Meaning Krazysh0t that for the last decade immigration by the US census have not changed.

You may wonder why.

Because they have been told to keep the same number regardless.

You Only Think You Know How Many Illegal Immigrants Live in the US

dailysignal.com...

Three main players were involved in generating that number of 11 million illegal immigrants: Pew Research Center, the Center for Immigration Studies and the Department of Homeland Security. But they were only masseurs of the source data, which comes from the Census Bureau by means of two surveys: the Current Population Survey and the American Community Survey.

We need to identify these players.

Pew claims impartiality, but the methodologists for its numbers come from decidedly liberal roots such as the Brookings Institution and the Urban Institute. The Center for Immigration Studies approaches the question from the side of more controlled and limited immigration flows. Homeland Security is a bureaucracy with a presidentially appointed secretary who carries out administration policies.

The Census Bureau’s surveys are conducted both by mail and in-person visits to selected homes. Neither asks directly, “Are you in the United States illegally?”

In fact, the instruction manual for Current Population Survey canvassers states explicitly:

We do not ask for nativity data to identify illegal immigrants. Note that we ask whether a person is a citizen, and that we do not ask whether he/she is legal or not (that is, has a green card or some other legal residence status).

Those who have followed the invasion by illegal immigrants have noticed that, in spite of their own observations and a wide-open southern border, the 11 million number has been used for more than a decade.

Pew, the most-quoted source, has used the figure since 2005. Some Homeland Security references approximating that number go back to 2003.

edit on 24-1-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So they just registered for the fun of it? And how exactly were they able to register being non-citizens?

I don't know why they registered or how and it isn't my place to assume these things. I just go where the evidence directs me. If the evidence doesn't answer a question, I don't just assume the answer to fill in the narrative. Clearly you have no compunctions against that.

But yeah, fraudulently registering for something that you actually have to register for and not using that ability is probably what happened and probably why the US Government wrote a 71 page document including this information....just a "possibility" I guess...couldn't have really happened and once they realized their wrong after being called for jury duty they probably turned themselves in and fessed up for deportation....

I wouldn't be surprised if some voted, but you aren't proving it here with your speculations and assumptions. Nor does it matter because the numbers of people involved with even possibly voting like this don't even come close to 1 million voters let alone all 3 million that we are looking for.

Actually, solely based on the government's own numbers of those only caught because of being summoned for jury duty it could be as high as 4.4 million if the number of registered voters is used and if the 3% they found in their study is accurate. And that only represents those that were called for jury duty and found that way....

Sure, I can't prove they all voted bit the number that could have is well beyond the number being disputed and has already been shown to have happened and been a reason for a study as far back as 2005 by the US Government itself....I'd say that is pretty good evidence it occurs and in large enough numbers that the government put a lot of effort into studying it.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Maybe illegals cost Trump the popular vote, but doing illegal things cost Hillary the electoral vote.....

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That is a good one, Xtrozero, a darn good one at that.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Trump is learning that expressing what he believes in conversations he has with others now that he is President will likely end up as the headline of the day.

Despite the lack of evidence I think it's obvious that illegals voted, especially when the former president openly encouraged them to.

TRUMP won, so, it really doesn't matter, and if he takes tough action on illegal immigration over the next 4 years it shouldn't be a factor in the next election.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

I got the feeling that he will do something about it, California Democratic power is not going to like it.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes, you are right. My bad on that, I must've either had a false source or just misunderstood the context.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Why doesn't Trump provide proof of these millions of illegal voters? There will be many of his supporters that believe this but say Russia influencing the election is BS.

The proof is California.

Clinton got 1 million MORE votes than OBama did.

Anywhere else in the country did Clinton get more than the first 'black president' ?

edit on 26-1-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Oh and people.

Some of us didn't forget after watching the Democratic National Convention where Team CLinton marched out ILLEGAL immigrants on stage to electioneer for her.

And we sure didn't forget all spanish speaking that went on either.

Nor did we forget ILLEGALS get out the vote across this country.

You can hate Trump all you want, but GUESS WHAT ?

He isn't wrong.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: buster2010
Why doesn't Trump provide proof of these millions of illegal voters? There will be many of his supporters that believe this but say Russia influencing the election is BS.

The proof is California.

Clinton got 1 million MORE votes than OBama did.

Anywhere else in the country did Clinton get more than the first 'black president' ?

This is just another data point that shows how valid it is to form a hypothesis of voter fraud. Enough to warrant investigating to gather more data.

According to the NY Times, Obama got 7.44m in CA in 2008, a full 1.21m less than Hillary.
www.nytimes.com...

In 2012 Obama got 6.49m votes in CA, a full 2.26 million less than Hillary 2016!!!!
www.nytimes.com...

Here are Hillary's numbers in CA for 2016 - 8.75m votes

www.nytimes.com...

Note that the republican number stayed about the same. The entire, massive, turn out increase was for Clinton.

We also have the shenanigans in California in the Democrat Primary.
www.washingtonpost.com... utm_term=.b640137e0ef2

Something very strange happened in CA this time around.

edit on 26/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Popular vote 7,854,285

2012 Election

Popular vote 8,753,788

2016 Election

Trump has more ec votes, and lost the popular.

Obama has less ec votes, and carried the popular.

Even more strange the total number that people that voted for Obama/Clinton are is less than 100K.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Popular vote 7,854,285

2012 Election

Popular vote 8,753,788

2016 Election

Trump has more ec votes, and lost the popular.

Obama has less ec votes, and carried the popular.

Even more strange the total number that people that voted for Obama/Clinton are is less than 100K.

I compared the NY Times numbers.
Don't trust Wikipedia.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Google is your friend too.
Lol

The GOP is laughing at him. They snicker behind his back (. Paul Ryans smirk is priceless. ) at the very idea of three to five million illegals costing him the popular vote.
The left is doubled over.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Russia doing illegal things cost Hillary the election.

BTW there is actual evidence of this while there's none at all supporting the liar in chiefs claim of 3-5 million illegals costing him the vote.
Just saying...

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

We haven't seen that evidence yet, but shouldn't you say "Russia illegally obtaining information on Hillary and the DNC doing illegally things?

This might be a little off subject but as a Liberal are you happy or mad to learn of what Hillary and the DNC did, or are you just mad that we all found out. It also didn't help that the DNC chair was fired and then hired by Hillary the next day for her campaign. Hillary disenfranchising 40% of the liberal base that supported The Burn cost her the election.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

We haven't seen that evidence yet, but shouldn't you say "Russia illegally obtaining information on Hillary and the DNC doing illegally things?

This might be a little off subject but as a Liberal are you happy or mad to learn of what Hillary and the DNC did, or are you just mad that we all found out. It also didn't help that the DNC chair was fired and then hired by Hillary the next day for her campaign. Hillary disenfranchising 40% of the liberal base that supported The Burn cost her the election.

Why are Russian intel officers being arrested for treason then?

www.usatoday.com...
From the story.
In another twist, Russian media says the FSB believes Mikhailov tipped U.S. intelligence about Vladimir Fomenko and his server rental company "King Servers." The U.S. cybersecurity company Threat Connect identified King Servers last year as an "information nexus" used by hackers suspected of working for Russian intelligence in cyberattacks on electoral systems in Arizona and Illinois.

There must have been some things in that Russian dossier that made putin nervous.

The M16 agent responsible for the dossierwent underground for what? Mole hunting? Pun definitely intended.

Why is Trump cleaning out every veteran employee at the state dept and why the rush?

www.cnn.com...

And why are there rumblings that the sanctions against Russia are about to be lifted?

www.cnn.com...

Every campaign has strategies that are not attractive. We just didn't see the RNCs.
And supposedly Russia hacked them too but they chose not to release any of that.
Nothing was illegal in the DNC emails. Not a thing.
Hey !
Let's talk about liars.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

BTW there is actual evidence of this while there's none at all supporting the liar in chiefs claim of 3-5 million illegals costing him the vote.
Just saying...

Ahahah. Oh dear, Hillary cost Hillary the election.

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join