posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:11 AM
Why dont you have a system with much more rigid rules?!
No illegal would ever be allowed to vote at a Danish parliamentary election.
In fact, when we have elections here, this is what happens and it works:
- Election is announced.
- Voter cards are send out to our registered address. This is something we have by law. It's a way for the system to know for sure they can reach us
with important mails etc. We even have forced email systems for EVERYONE where we get our kids' dentist appointments, our public hospital
appointments, our wage mail etc.
- We hold on to that physical voting card until the election.
- We bring that physical voting card to the election site on Election Day.
- We present it to the officials present at the site along with a public healthcare card. Again, this is a card EVERYONE has. If you don't you can't
receive public health care etc. so people tend to be careful with it, it has our personal social security number on it.
The voting sites are ALWAYS mixed up between parties. No single party is allowed to have their own election site. And the site is ALWAYS on a public
location like a school or similar.
- They take the physical card from us and we get a voting paper in return.
- Into the booth and vote... fold it up and put it in the ballots.
There are no room for error of any kind. We don't use digital voting because it's not safe. For those living abroad, those in the army and weak
elderly, there are mail-in options available.
Again no illegals have ANY way to vote in our country, and that's the way it should remain. I'm not aware of how it works for homeless people, we
don't have a great deal, but I think they are able to go to the local municipal office and get a voter card from there if they don't have a fixed
No-one gets left behind.