It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prediciton on Brexit Supreme Court Ruling Tommorow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Prediction from my source in the UK.
The Supreme Court is going to rule that the Government can not of itself trigger Article 50 --- in theory ( but only in theory ) HM Queen can do so ...... but if it requires an Act of Parliament to trigger Article 50 ..... it will not pass in the House of Lords
So.... Brexit is gonna be dead.
Globalists win.
edit on 23-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

The real globalist are the owners of the Federal Reserve. They've already taken over the world:

www.youtube.com...

"Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws". Mater Amschel Rothschild

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
The Supreme Court is going to rule that the Government can not of itself trigger Article 50 --- in theory ( but only in theory ) HM Queen can do so ...... but if it requires an Act of Parliament to trigger Article 50 ..... it will not pass in the House of Lords
Globalists win.

Seems more lIke fascism. Screw democratic votes?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Ahh, the progressives....

Lose a fight lawfully through democracy???
Easy, simply subvert the governed through judicial activism…

Progressives are the same throughout the globe…
Whiny losers who cannot accept defeat and will use whatever treachery to hold onto their power through hook or crook…

But alas, the age of liberal rule is coming to an end...and oh, what an end..

-Chris

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Maybe they just wanted to see how the US election turned out. I think it would be very stupid of them to not Brexit.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Too bad they don't let y'all have guns. Sad. Soon you'll be walking down the street and not even be able to check out a piece of ass 'cause it's covered in a burka.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It's gonna go through.. Europe is turning right wing and they have the US ready to talk trade post brexit. Gonna happen.

My other predictions are merkle is not going to be reelected losing the German conservative party. And La Penn is is going to take France. Both will end up leaving the union.
edit on 23-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

La Penn is is going to take France.

I think so too

merkle is not going to be reelected

I hope she isn't reelected.

Both will end up leaving the union.

The EU is doomed to failure.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

a reply to: PlasticWizard

La Penn is is going to take France.

I think so too

merkle is not going to be reelected

I hope she isn't reelected.

Both will end up leaving the union.

The EU is doomed to failure.

From my view in Texas that's what it's looking like.

The immigration crisis, terrorist attacks and the media and current government over there acting like it's not a problem or the victims are somehow causing these terrible things to happen.

The German people are pissed the government is sending the message that their rich heritage(minus the nazi part) isn't important anymore. Every German I've met is proud of their country and their heritage. We call it patriotism.

The French are pissed. The city of love turned into the city of terror. Hell I'm pissed at what's happening in my mother land and I've never been there.

I think things will get better for those countries. It's looking like the war in Syria is well on its way to a resolution. Refugees should be able to return to their country and hopefully help rebuild their communities and get back to their lives. If they want to stay, they need to go through the countries proper immigration channel. Not this 30 year old looking wartorn child bs policy that happening.

On the union.. Sometimes it's easier and cheaper to tear down a house and rebuild it rather than remodeling it.

Take what what I say with a grain of salt. It's just how I see it panning out in the long run.
edit on 24-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

The main opposition party in the UK has already confirmed that they will vote with the government to trigger article 50.

All the court decision would mean is that it would have to go to a vote parliament rather that be pushed through by the government using the UK equivalent of an executive order.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

The court merely confirmed that a vote is required. Nothing about stopping brexit.

Or perhaps you are in favour of government being able to overrule the Constitution?

Oh and the right wing Conservative party in the UK campaigned to stay in the EU.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
A three line whip, possibly enforced by May would ensure its passage through the House of Commons.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

My source has no confidence in The House of Lords approving Article 50.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Even if true the Lord's (undemocratic aberration that it is) can't do much more than delay it.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Well the vote was published at 0930 hrs. The Government has lost which means that Parliament must take a vote on Brexit. This is democracy in a modern country. Democracy needs this counterbalance as it was initiated to curb the absolute power of the monarchy. Remainers and Brexiteers must go now to their MPs and ask them how will they vote which is again a democratic process. What I find amazing is how my fellow American yell about democracy when the lobbyist industry subverts democracy.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Prediction from my source in the UK.
Globalists win.

Hardly a prediction, it's entirely consistent with the existing constitutional principle of Parliamentary supremacy.

The law that underpins the UK's place within the EU is the European Communities Act 1972 ("ECA '72"). Withdrawing from the EU inherently requires repealing (in part or in total) the ECA '72.

The courts have already considered the status of the ECA 1972 and found it to be a constitutional document, which for the UK means that it is immune to the doctrine of implied repeal. In practical terms, this means it can only be repealed by Parliament specifically stating that the Act (or part thereof) is repealed.

The questions were really whether (i) the Referendum was enough to constitute an action by Parliament to directly repeal the ECA '72, and/or (ii) that Article 50 was acting with authority to directly repeal the ECA '72.

As to (i), the referendum was non-binding, so had no Parliamentary authority.

As to (ii), Article 50 only implies repeal and is taken from a secondary document (the Treaty of Lisbon) therefore it would be a staggering determination if a court found it was able to repeal a protected constitutional document. Indeed, the wording of Article 50 makes it a requirement that the process conforms with the constitution of the calling Member State, so it could (and should) be argued that Article 50 actually dis-applies itself unless an Act of Parliament is passed to repeal the relevant legislation.

It's just the system working exactly as expected and exactly as it should. No surprise to anyone who was sober enough at uni to remember their lectures on basic legal principles.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Sober at Uni? Are you some kind of subversive?

You are of course entirely correct that this is one of those cases where the UK courts/constitution/parliament are doing exactly what they are meant to do.

I really don't get how anyone, regardless of view on the EU, can object to that.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Even if true the Lord's (undemocratic aberration that it is) can't do much more than delay it.

Damn it, I feel like I'm letting the side down by supporting a Scot, but I've ended up starring three of your posts in a row.

You need to stop saying sensible things. If I end up starring another post, the portrait of Edward Longshanks in my study is going to start weeping blood.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Aye, the House of Lords might delay it. They might chuck it back to Parliament a couple of times. But they'll not block it entirely.

This is British Institutions ruling British life. Brexiteers should be pleased, this is what they voted for.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz
It is going to be hard to pass an ACT of PARLIAMENT for Brexit
Teresa has her work cut out
Interesting the woman that bought the legal case was born in Bermuda and is only a legal citizen cos in in her first marriage he was a Uk citizen.

top topics

join