It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicotine consumption falls as schizophrenia increases

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
my body has linked better to my consciousness in some way where if I eat something that's really what I need, say I eat a pickle and I needed something pickles have in it, some nutrient, my brain goes MMMM good job reverbs thank you..

And I'm like damn I feel better now.

I want to encourage people to go off of that.

when women are pregnant and they want pickles and ice cream there is a reason for it. You may need calcium for the little baby or potassium or whatever..

Proper cravings are important, but there are a lot of food chemistries out there that hijack our cravings. You should crave the antidote for the metabolic problem created by eating something else, if you get it right the first time it makes you feel satisfied. But some added chemistry can actually cause problems in foods, even spices that are usually not found in that type of food. Spices are very active compounds, many are medicines of old times used to treat diseases. Celery was used as a medicine for centuries, now they call it a food. It does have some medicinal properties and there are people who can't eat celery.

Mixing a bunch of crap together can confuse our body and then inappropriate enzymes are created and we get off balance health wise. There is a hell of a lot more chemistry to food than just vitamins and minerals.

Cravings and companion foods are important, and so is our epigenetic traits. What foods our ancestors ate, if they were healthy and sane, is relevent to dietary needs.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

well, smoke in your lungs does kill off the little arms.. I don't know what they are called at the moment. You lose some surface area..

that's no good.

but people in my family at 2 packs a day for 50 years never got cancer..

smoking does constrict blood vessels and can be really bad for the heart and arteries.

another herb expands blood vessels..

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

well yes.. I am half German so milk and me are great. Other people will have issues.
I can tell the difference between addictions and cravings..

If people eat natural food without chemicals added it's easier to tell.

food that spoils like organic food is a good thing to try out and see what your body thinks.

and then if you have "mean" gut bacteria it's a whole different story.

MY point was my consciousness actually is now linked to it. I can tell.

I'm also better at eating corn and beans from my native america side. I can tell wheat has some toxic property to it or something, but I don't think it's gluten. I just think we didn't evolve eating wheat.

We are all different in what foods we need.
And what classifies to the point of medicine.

I can tell garlic and onions (celery gives off a similar vibe for me) those are medicinal. But maybe for some they are more foodish. It all depends.
edit on 23-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

The "Asian paradox" and the "French Paradox" should have been fully investigated before they blamed tobacco consumption. Because it hasn't they ended up blaming the wrong thing, and cost many lives because of it. But after the last few weeks nothing surprises me now. If the news is so controlled so are perceptions of health. Which after all is just information manipulation. We end up making uniformed decisions because of it.

I think america is bathed in the most yucky chemicals of any nation.

we eat bread that can sit there with preservatives and no mold and no bacteria will touch it..

So how does our gut bacteria fare in that pursuit?

If mold doesn't want to eat it, surely I don't.

There is a lot of food like that that we eat. Some food chemistry is hard on our cells mitochondria, their power plant. Other food chemistry is hard on our genes, breaking it down and forcing us to make new cells to fill in. And my two examples of problems are found in foods they say are good for us, super foods. I think there is some fibbing going on. Avacado has a property that can disable sperm motility and also can destroy DNA. The avacado also triggers the latex cross reactivity like the banana does for some people.

It doesn't have to be man made chemistry that messes us up, it can be foods our body have not learned to properly metabolize and detox corectly. Too much change too fast, it takes generations before we can properly incorporate new foods into our diet in higher amounts.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I don't like avocado or how it makes me feel.

I only encourage people to use their own intuition on what makes them feel good.

tomatoes make me feel great and everything else in salsa and my genes are used to corn so salsa and chips make me feel great.

it's all different for everyone.

I don't think genetically changed corn likes me though. It seems to hurt my stomach.
Hard to find corn chips that are not modified, but some brands are better than others.. Could be salt content or anything else, but I know when wheat I'm eating is good for me.

OH:

and a lot of "super foods" seem to be high in chlorofil and it's not necessarily a good thing to eat things that cows eat.. Some people are all about wheat grass because they heard it was awesome. I highly doubt wheat grass is good. But I may be wrong.
edit on 23-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Vape.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Vape.

vaping gives me weird feelings. I don't trust vapes unless they fully make truly particles come out. Because it feels like water is getting in my lungs at higher amounts than I would like

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Vape.

vaping gives me weird feelings. I don't trust vapes unless they fully make truly particles come out. Because it feels like water is getting in my lungs at higher amounts than I would like

Meh, I am from Florida. humidity is a way of life here.

Anyhow, point is, there are a great number of ways to get nicotine outside of deadly cigarettes. patches, mints, etc.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

ok - there is a false statement about smoking in your response (or maybe not false but to be interpreted the way you have interpretated it.

Smoking cause blood vessels to constrict. So does eating a cheese burger, being in a bad mood, getting flipped off when your are driving, being bugged by the boss and thousands upon thousands of other things. It also happens in response to positive stimuli (like running, walking, climbing stairs, jumping rope) etc etc.

Vaso-constriction is a common physical response to thousands and thousands of different stimuli. so much so that it has to be considered a normal human body function. After awhile the blood vessels dilate and your blood pressure returns to its natural resting state.

Question: if vaso-constriction is good for you when you start running and exercising, why is the same response when you smoke or eat "bad for you"

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Nicotine mimics acetylcholine, a neuro-transmitter, in the body (the receptors are actually called nicotinic receptors, because scientists discovered they responded to nicotine before they discovered they reacted to acetylcholine). These receptors alow the release of nitric oxide synthase, which catalysts arginine into citrullene, releasing nitric oxide. We are still discovering the benefits of nitric oxide.

Nicotine can also be metabolized into niacin, although the metabolism is slow.

The problems that come with smoking are due to the additives used in commercial cigarette production to cure the tobacco faster, as well as mandated ingredients. For example, all cigarettes I know of have the letters "FSC" on the side... they stand for "Fire Safe Cigarette." Unless the cigarette is actively smoked, it will extinguish itself. To do this, the cigarettes have small straps of a type of carpet glue around the inside of the paper... hold one to the light at the right angle and you can see them. They found extinguish the cc igarette, but burning glue is inhaled to accomplish this. Cigarettes are now required by law to be FSC, although I have heard some may be exempt.

Yeah, those things they sell behind the counter are pure poison. Sometimes I wonder how they have room for actual tobacco after making room for all the toxic chemicals.

I have smoked home-rolled cigarettes for years. I plan to continue to do so. Without the nicotine I become very argumentative, even hostile, cannot concentrate, and my fine motor skills suffer. With it, I am calm, collective, and have very good fine motor skills. I plan on actually growing and curing my own tobacco at some point (legal in Alabama), but I haven't been able to get that up and running yet.

A trip to the tobacco store and $20 nets me a pound of tobacco and 3 cartons of filtered tubes (not FSC). That will produce about 2.5 cartons of cigarettes. The roller I use is a slide-type that costs $6, and the one I have now has lasted over a year (and I smoke a pack and a half a day). Beats $50 a carton, and my smoker's cough disappeared about a month after I switched.

Thank you, OP, for having the courage to put this thread forth.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: Reverbs

Hate to tell you this but the link between tobacco and cancer is all made up whole cloth out of statistics (remember those)

Since the smoking rate went down, the number of non-smokers getting cancer has risen. In times past, those non-smokers with cancer would have been smokers with cancer.

Either way - cancer has not significantly decreased with the decrease of smoking in the population.

How true you speak. All made up by politicians to rid Congress of tobacco lobbyists and allow the takeover by big oil

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Vape.

Dont have to tell me twice . Sitting here enjoying a good Clove flavor now.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Actually Gothmog, its Big Pharma that starting funding and continues to fund tobacco control. Its not about health but it is about who will legally be able to distribute nicotene in whatever form.

The patch alone was worth 2 billion in sales (globally) to Big Pharma. Of course, vaping has changed the dynamic.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

well yes.. I am half German so milk and me are great. Other people will have issues.
I can tell the difference between addictions and cravings..

If people eat natural food without chemicals added it's easier to tell.

food that spoils like organic food is a good thing to try out and see what your body thinks.

and then if you have "mean" gut bacteria it's a whole different story.

MY point was my consciousness actually is now linked to it. I can tell.

I'm also better at eating corn and beans from my native america side. I can tell wheat has some toxic property to it or something, but I don't think it's gluten. I just think we didn't evolve eating wheat.

We are all different in what foods we need.
And what classifies to the point of medicine.

I can tell garlic and onions (celery gives off a similar vibe for me) those are medicinal. But maybe for some they are more foodish. It all depends.

The reason we have been conditioned to eat wheat is that very long ago the Egyptions realized that Wheat settled the people. Wheat has some properties that do that. It has four opiate peptides that dope us up. Milk has three, but they are very bioavailable. Milk settles the crying baby and also the crying society. "Milk is good food" was created because they knew it settles people. Although we do need settling chemistry, too much interferes with health.

Being you are German, your ancestors probably used cabbage to keep the people settled. That knowledge goes back to the Roman empire. Northern Europeans used Asparagus to calm thousands of years ago, God Odin treated the vikings to the asparagae dancers when they came home. I know a lot about all this chemistry because I extensively studied it to control my temporal lobe epilepsy and also experimented on myself to find side effects of too much of anything.

Asparagus is like valium, potatoes have some really good calming chemistry too, similar to cigarettes but much more metabolism adjusting chemistry is present. I utilize potatoes because I grew up on a potato farm in the summers, my father liked potatoes. They would be good for people who have parkinsons disease I bet, probably more effective than nicotine because they alter the enzymes and receptors in a couple of different ways.

Rumors have been fed to us that aren't true. I think some of these come from the people making the meds myself. A quarter of all meds sold in this country actually could be needed because of the pesticides and herbicides that inhibit cholinesterase activity. Others are prescribed to correct too much consumption of tyramine chemistry that offsets the balance of neurochemistry. Especially dopamine. The stuff they spray on our foods in the fields is causing us to need meds. I would have never believed this six years ago, I thought that the health food nuts were over thinking things. But now that I have looked at over a hundred thousand research articles, I feel confident that a lot of what they are saying is right. But most of those people do not know the right reasons or the way they effect us both healthwise or mentally, this research that is now coming out is showing the connection and the pathways involved.

I do not eat all organic, some of the chemicals they use are also problematic for people. Plant defense system chemicals themselves can be a problem, some commercially produced foods are actually safer for some people than the organic natural versions if you cannot properly metabolize or detox the plant defense chemistry of the plant.

I could go on and on for days, I could write a book on this explaining a lot of details, but I cannot actually tell if a chemistry is causing a particular problem yet. Maybe when I experiment more on myself and do even more reading to figure out how to identify what is causing the problem in people I will be better able to advise people what minor changes to make.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Nothing calms me down.

I make sure of that.

The Army taught me by accident mind over matter.

I get to be as intense as I want.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I can give you some info on the nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is our bodies usual defense in fighting viruses and some forms of bacteria and fungus. Too much production can cause chemistry to form to dialate blood vessels too much leading to a light head. Nitrites and nitrates can do this also, so women who ate a lot of lettuce were more sensitive to fainting because of the expanding blood vessels lowering blood flow too much to the brain. One way to induce a coma is to remove some blood and it induces coma as a protective measure. When a person faints, blood flow is returned to the head again and then the person wakes up. This is a complex subject with many different triggers.

I actually researched this to see why I was getting dizzy spells, I now know how to keep them from happening. I remember one of the weird dizzy spells the first and only time I chewed snuff when I worked in a flooring mill and this gave me a big boost in figuring out what to look for. You can trigger this nitric oxide production in a couple of different ways I have found, they also call these hypoglycemic spins.

I have been rolling my own for six years now, getting regular pipe tobacco that is like high quality cigarette tobacco they used to put in cigarettes years ago. I would like to get an organic supplier someday. A pound of tobacco runs around thirteen bucks here, filter tubes run three bucks a carton. A pound makes two cartons minimum. I smoke half the cigarette and toss the rest most times, wasting half the tobacco.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

germans used beer no?

I have a question for you
Hangovers often make me feel better, increased focus, work ethic, confident, smarter, in general cognitive improvement despite my body feeling like crap. It goes away immediately after consuming solid food. The effect last as long as I do not consume solid food. I've got the effect to last a whole day before.
Give me a theory on the mechanism if you could

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

germans used beer no?

I have a question for you
Hangovers often make me feel better, increased focus, work ethic, confident, smarter, in general cognitive improvement despite my body feeling like crap. It goes away immediately after consuming solid food. The effect last as long as I do not consume solid food. I've got the effect to last a whole day before.
Give me a theory on the mechanism if you could

I have actually noticed the same thing in the past. I never even thought of investigating why, I know what you are saying is true though. Beer is clarified with bromelaine or papain. It keeps if from clouding up when cold. The proteinases are absorbed rapidly when you drink the beer and this could break down any junk in the blood so the macrophages could gather it easier. Try eating fresh pineapple and see if that is the same feeling. I noticed my bromelaine pills I take occasionally when I get mucusy or drink milk make me feel much clearer.

Other than that, ethenol itself has some amazing properties in purifying the blood and causing synovial fluid to be released into the joints. It makes you less sore. Too much depletes your reserves though.

Depending what you drink there could be many possible reasons. I can't consume too much aged foods, I can't break down dopamine well. But still after the hangover goes away, I do feel better or maybe experiencing the hangover just makes me appretiate how good I feel afterwards after it goes away.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: Gothmog

Actually Gothmog, its Big Pharma that starting funding and continues to fund tobacco control. Its not about health but it is about who will legally be able to distribute nicotene in whatever form.

The patch alone was worth 2 billion in sales (globally) to Big Pharma. Of course, vaping has changed the dynamic.

To understand and know , you have to start research in the 60s and 70s . Start with the Surgeon General of the time..long before patches and gum
Good stuff

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Have you ever done any 'baccy farming? It's sort of miserable work. And you'll need something for a curing barn. It really makes a nasty mess of the barn, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join