It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's conflicts of interests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You know, people always say, that Donald Trump's potential conflicts of interest is problematic - and so they might be - but at least with Trump we KNOW which business is his, so he can be called out on shady decisions.

The same cannot be said for Hillary (and for previous presidents) whose assets primarily are in papers; in stocks, bonds and what have you. And let us face it; they DO have assets all of them - it is never Joe Average that gets to sit behind the desk in the Oval Office.

So, yeah, when put into context, is it really worse with Trump than it would have been with Hillary in that regard? (or am I missing something completely - that has been known to happen).

What say you?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Are you implying that President Trump would make a decision that helps one of his businesses, even if it hurt the people of the country that elected him President? Is THAT the potential "conflict of interest" you're seeking to discuss?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

He has family members that can take over his business(es) while his job is to run the White House as President.

Other politicians have bribed money coming to them and those sponsors dictate how that money is invested. Trump had no sponsors and spent his own money to run for President.

Trump has always been private. Other puppets had to be public. As President of America Trump will be more public about American interests and not personal interests. Just my two cents.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I can see your point...like building "the wall" by using his construction forces to build it or any infrastructure for building/road/airport/etc...repairs and upgrades. Then yes, I would see that as a problem UNLESS he allows for start up companies to hire people and do those projects at a reasonable price to the tax payers.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
a reply to: carewemust

I can see your point...like building "the wall" by using his construction forces to build it or any infrastructure for building/road/airport/etc...repairs and upgrades. Then yes, I would see that as a problem UNLESS he allows for start up companies to hire people and do those projects at a reasonable price to the tax payers.

Halliburton!

lol just kidding.

I would hope he will find out who can do the best job for the best price.. open betting.. best teams get the contracts.

That's what I would do.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
maybe if all these concerned citizens were a little more diligent about conflicts of interest when Hillary was secretary of state and receiving billions in donations to her charity from foreign entities while at the same time approving weapons sales, she might have won the election and all these concerned citizens wouldn`t be worrying their little heads about a possible conflict of interest now.
edit on 23-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Are you implying that President Trump would make a decision that helps one of his businesses, even if it hurt the people of the country that elected him President? Is THAT the potential "conflict of interest" you're seeking to discuss?

Probably,
Except I don't agree with the premise entirely. Trump's business portfolio has areas out of his control re debt.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
maybe if all these concerned citizens were a little more diligent about conflicts of interest when Hillary was secretary of state and receiving billions in donations to her charity from foreign entities while at the same time approving weapons sales, she might have won the election and all these concerned citizens wouldn`t be worrying their little heads about a possible conflict of interest now.

true but I would hope people are always watching for conflicts of interest. ESPECIALLY after what we saw come out with Hillary, and after Cheney got Halliburton in with no bid contracts..

we must always be watching.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I haven't seen any conflicts of interests, if there are I'm sure Trump will do what is necessary to remove them. I have seen a man that has only been in office days and already working hard to fulfill some of the promises he's made. I have also seen a huge effort from establishment elite, and major entities orchestrating and executing plans to delegitimize and destroy him, and they are failing as is painfully apparent in their failures so far.

It's difficult for many to accept that Trump's interests are in the best interest of the people of this country and not necessarily for himself.

But that too will change in time.

imo

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Unlike some other presidential hopefuls, I'm actually extremely grateful for the specific type of Trump's potential conflicts of interest.

For lack of a better word, I'm overjoyed that we actually have a sitting president that has had an overall successful business career and built up an empire to the point that these types of potential conflicts actually exist. Finally, someone who hasn't spent almost the entirety of their career cashing a gubment paycheck.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I am confused by people who oppose an elected President because he has been successful in doing many of the things that The United States Of America needs to do to be succesful in this point and time.

We had 8 years of a man who came out of nowhere to be POTUS and was in way over his head.

You can't change things on hope.

It's time for real change.
edit on 2017-01-23T20:05:56-06:002201723America/Chicago1 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Trump is going to be accused of drowning kittens and kicking puppies by the Left regardless of what he does. He needs to continue being Trump and not giving a cluck what the haters think.

Haters are going to hate.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Well, yes, but no.

I am seeking to discuss the if Trumps conflicts of interests are a bigger threat than Hillary's conflicts of interest would have been. The way it is usually presented, Trump's business empire make it a bigger threat. However, I sort of think that hidden conflicts of interests should be considered more threatening.

(and if you ask "what conflicts of interest?" in regards to Hillary, well, then that is sort of my point.)

And then I ask for feedback; i.e. arguments for the opposite, since I am well aware that I might not have taken all the relevant factors into account.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
He resigned from all positions in the Trump organization. He takes no salary from the Trump organization.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Even if the Trump organization is contracted to build the wall, many other companies will also be contracted. Tens of thousands of employees will also be contracted. Suppliers of materials and transportation. It wouldn't just be the Trump organization building the wall. Many other companies will be involved in this massive project.

top topics

join