It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My body-My choice

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
The amount of comments in this thread dictating or assuming how a woman should feel about her choice in life is sickening.

A woman doesn't want to have a child for certain reasons, then you have no right to tell her otherwise. Just like no-one has a right to tell you how to buy a car, choose a career, spend your money or raise YOUR children.

I think the premise is who is paying for the car/decision.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: DBCowboy
My body, my choice. The defense used in the abortion debate.

It's a nonsense argument. Baby's body is baby's body, too. Mother is a landlady who signed a nine month lease. Nowhere else can you terminate a lease unilaterally by killing the tenant.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

. . . . or purchase insurance.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

It's a nonsense argument. Baby's body is baby's body, too. Mother is a landlady who signed a nine month lease. Nowhere else can you terminate a lease unilaterally by killing the tenant.

Embryos speaking english?

That's some ATS s#$# right there.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

The amount of comments in this thread dictating or assuming how a woman should feel about her choice in life is sickening.

A woman doesn't want to have a child for certain reasons, then you have no right to tell her otherwise. Just like no-one has a right to tell you how to buy a car, choose a career, spend your money or raise YOUR children.

^^this

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

If that was your 14 or 15 YO, it might be a whole nother decision

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I have a step-son raised by a 16 YO mother, and I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. I also have an ex wife that had an abortion at 17. Both of them made choices, that fortunately I have never had to make.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

A woman doesn't want to have a child for certain reasons, then you have no right to tell her otherwise.

A mother shouldn't kill her son/daughter. Neither should a father, for that matter.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

A woman doesn't want to have a child for certain reasons, then you have no right to tell her otherwise.

A mother shouldn't kill her son/daughter. Neither should a father, for that matter.

But a mother is committed for 18 years at least, the father can just walk away.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Prostitution. Why is it illegal to accept money for sex, but if you have a camera and a website its "art" and "speech" and is not illegal?

Something that pisses me off due to principle: how come we don't get interest on the taxes returned to us, which amounted to a zero interest loan? Or, at the very least, adjustments to offset inflation. We lose twice on our tax deductions on payday. How much is that dollar in overpayment made in January really worth 15 months later when its repaid in April of the following year? May seem small....but its marginally skewed in Uncle Sams favor on an incremental basis thats compounded exponentially.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: carewemust

But a mother is committed for 18 years at least, the father can just walk away.

Untrue.

Many moms walk away.

And to many men (myself included), walking away is something that is just unthinkable. I couldn't even walk away from step kids. It is my duty as a man in my community to do my part for our tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: DBCowboy

Prostitution. Why is it illegal to accept money for sex, but if you have a camera and a website its "art" and "speech" and is not illegal?

Something that pisses me off due to principle: how come we don't get interest on the taxes returned to us, which amounted to a zero interest loan? Or, at the very least, adjustments to offset inflation. We lose twice on our tax deductions on payday. How much is that dollar in overpayment made in January really worth 15 months later when its repaid in April of the following year? May seem small....but its marginally skewed in Uncle Sams favor on an incremental basis thats compounded exponentially.

i m not sure how to respond to this, as to the first part, I think sex work should be legal and regulated.

As to the second part, the USA does pay interest, it just don't mount to nothing.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

If that was your 14 or 15 YO, it might be a whole nother decision

I think not. Questions concerning the lives of my grandchildren would strengthen my resolve, brother.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

^^this

We have stars for that ya know.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: odzeandennz
why should you be required to have car insurance. its your body, your risk. i hope that goes away too.

Because if you run into me with your car and cause
me physical and material damages beyond what you can pay, then I shouldn't have to suffer. That is why you are required to carry a certain level of car insurance.

So if you eat a large pizza and a pint of ice cream everyday, should I have to pay into the Ponzi scheme that is health insurance to pay for your dialysis if you can't afford said health insurance?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
yet the same people who are anti abortion has no problem with their army bombing the # out of innocent children who's only sin was being born in a middle eastern country where the military industrial complex and its masters create a fake enemy so that they can wage war (or as it should really be known, blood sacrifice).

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
plus if a woman is forced to keep a child she does not want she might just not take care of the baby and the child end up becoming a burden of the state and taxpayer. how many of you would be willing to pay more tax for a woman not to have an abortion. be careful what you wish for.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: enkilo

Why is it that people seem to believe the only option out there is abortion? There is always the option of adoption. No one is being "forced" to do anything.

I've not done any research on the subject but is there any form of tax being used to help people adopt children? If not, there should be.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is a discussion that will never have a winner. You can have an opinion, but there is a law, and it's in tact and must be followed.

I personally believe that killing a child that could be something amazing is murder and short of having medical issue that might jeopardize the mother, abortion is wrong. But, I also believe I don't have the right to tell you what sins to do and which ones you should stay away from. That is between you and whatever higher power you believe in.

But it's important to remember, this isn't an argument where you can change a mind with words, it takes seeing a child born, raising that child, and seeing the miracle of that child growing to instill the love of life needed to make an informed decision. (imho)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

From your mouth to Gods ears....if only there weren't untold numbers of unadopted children wishing they could be anywhere but the foster system.

Its all jsut rotten.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join