It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My body-My choice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
My light socket; my choice? Nope CFL's and LED's except for a few applications where an incandescent is required.

Interesting. So the plan is to dump 100s of thousands of tons of mercury into the ground within a few years ? Now that is a choice. A rather self-destructive one which ties this post to the OP

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Blaine91555

To me, the mandate was one solution to the problem of paying high medical costs while benefitting government.

The other solution (one I hope is being explored) is actually lowering costs.

That doesn't benefit government, but then again that is a good thing.

without the mandate the costs of insurance will soar

Like it did before the ACA???? /sarc

Is there any proof to this claim?

i use common sense, but I'm sure you can google how it works

So you can not back up what you claim. Then I'm going to throw out my opinion that costs will lower without the mandate. Competition demands it.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The 4th Amendment.

Amendment IV The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

www.law.cornell.edu...

The 14th Amendment.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Mean a great many things.

Including wallets.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
a reply to: JinMI

We need to get to the nuts and bolts to fix the problem, not just look at the coat of paint slapped on it or put a new set of tires on it(metaphorically speaking). A universal understanding of the fetal development is key, not just the superficial heart beat/it looks like a human dribble. At what point is the fetus not part of the woman body and in itself, it own body.

Only thing I know for a fact is when my sperm leaves my body, "my choice" is riding that sumb+tch into the sunset.

"Viability" is the current legal standard regarding the point where a fetus is able to survive outside the womb. (That is why "late term abortions" don't happen, it's called "birth" or a "c-section" at that point.)

At what point is that line crossed?. I agree we don't really know 100% yet.

edit on 23-1-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Blaine91555

To me, the mandate was one solution to the problem of paying high medical costs while benefitting government.

The other solution (one I hope is being explored) is actually lowering costs.

That doesn't benefit government, but then again that is a good thing.

without the mandate the costs of insurance will soar

Like it did before the ACA???? /sarc

Is there any proof to this claim?

i use common sense, but I'm sure you can google how it works

So you can not back up what you claim. Then I'm going to throw out my opinion that costs will lower without the mandate. Competition demands it.

go right ahead and throw out possible facts

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

No. Without competition across state-lines, prices soared. Drop that and require the mandatory publication of estimated pricing from all healthcare providers, as is nearly true with all other consumer goods and services, you will see the expense drop like a rock.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
why should you be required to have car insurance. its your body, your risk. i hope that goes away too.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

The seed that lies within isn't yours either, but it is your responsibility

Hm, sort of like the money within your wallet isn't yours, but your responsibility to give back to the government??

Why don't conservatives preach that? They use the public and public resources to make tons of money and then claim they shouldn't have to pay any taxes, or pay decent wages to their workers.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

prices soared in red states bc the republican govs didn't expand medicaid.

on a different note: The mandate is needed to keep healthcare prices down (think about it, without the extra money, the prices go up, common sense).

That money is used to keep prices down, not for the govt to just have for no reason.

link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
why should you be required to have car insurance. its your body, your risk. i hope that goes away too.

Because if you run into me with your car and cause
me physical and material damages beyond what you can pay, then I shouldn't have to suffer. That is why you are required to carry a certain level of car insurance.

link   
a reply to: loam

I have another explanation.

Over 100 million people were taken out of the private sector with the creation of the two largest government programs.

Making the state the largest single healthcare provider in the country.

The US government and it's medicare, and medicaid.

What usually happens when a super monopoly gets created ?

Increase costs.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Fantasy? I'm sorry, but babies aren't brought by birds...

link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think a woman has a right to do what she wants with her body, but the fetus is not a segment of her body.

The fetus is ALSO part of the father's body.

link   

It relates to risk management. An insurance company estimates how much financial risk a person or group will cost them and sets their annual rates accordingly. If you have to cover sick people, then your risk of payout goes up and you need more resources (cash on hand) to deal with that increased outflow.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

Fantasy? I'm sorry, but babies aren't brought by birds...

i didn't say they were

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

It relates to risk management. An insurance company estimates how much financial risk a person or group will cost them and sets their annual rates accordingly. If you have to cover sick people, then your risk of payout goes up and you need more resources (cash on hand) to deal with that increased outflow.

that is eliminated in the ACA. No pre-existing condition clause. With the ACA (aka Obamacare), we are not taken advantage of by the insurance companies as we used to. Just reading what you wrote makes me shiver about how much they took advantage of us.

All that gone with the ACA, that the idiocracy wants to repeal.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It's not about their choice, it's about forcing the taxpayer to subsidize their choice.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SFUSA
It's not about their choice, it's about forcing the taxpayer to subsidize their choice.

abortions are paid by the taxpayer?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SFUSA

abortions are paid by the taxpayer?

No that is prohibited by law.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kibric
a reply to: Rosinitiate

PM me ? i'm intrigued

I'm intrigued too !

When you get the PM

You Post it

new topics

top topics