It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Farmers Secretly Feed Cows Defective Candy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Not sure why you call it defective. They buy skittles and feed them to cows. What makes them defective? Did they just not get the S stamped on them? Not being funny, I'd like to know.
edit on 23-1-2017 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI

They were of reject quality.

Most likely a quality control test has deemed them unfit for market. Something as simple as a machine put in the wrong amount of flavouring will do it, or the wrong amount of colouring making them the incorrect shade.

I would hazard at a guess that the famous S is not put on skittles until they have been quality tested and deemed fit for sale.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Another good reason to quit eating animals.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
How you Americans like your Burgers so far?
Oh wait, my Chicken taste different too!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
So that's where all the red Skittles are going.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Not sure about the rest of you but heck they can send me some of that extra candy. The local Russel Stover store in town sales candy that they call Bloopers and the reason is they can be imperfectly shaped, so you get them really cheap. once in a while i pick up a package of Pecan delights and they are so great.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

So superficially defective. There is no defect which makes it any different than any other skittle once chewed. I don't really see the problem.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
doubled it somehow
edit on 23-1-2017 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
efficient use of resources is a good thing.

that said, if cows are being given a diet of only skittles, i can imagine it makes them feel ill. But cows love chewing, and skittles are chewy as hell. So maybe they're enjoying their short lives a little more?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I sometimes hunt hogs on a ranch that uses moldy corn for its feeders. Hogs love moldy corn, and you can get it for free from local farmers, if you'll just clean out the silo while your at it.

I feed my dogs "defective" food, but i don't eat my dogs. LOL. But if a burger gets a little too cooked, it goes to them.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

That's why I only eat organic and grassfed meat.

People are responsible for what they put in their bodies. Never trust the government with your body.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Not that I want to put you off organics, because they are good but.....

Even an organic grass fed cow will have had some form of treatment in it's life. Cows have to be drenched for worms, they can and often do end up with mineral deficiencies that have to be addressed, they can fall ill etc etc.

The whole organic thing comes with treatments that are considered environmentally friendly and non toxic to animals / humans is all.

For example, cider vinegar is an oldie but a goodie.

www.stockhealth.com.au...

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Most ranchers I know who operate smaller scale (less than 10000 heads) tend to shy away from antibiotics and go the organic route. There is no net difference in overall yield, and you avoid all the costs of medications and vets, as well as issues relating to antibiotics, like preparing an animal for market.

Organic grass/hay fed beef is making a strong comeback in the smaller ranches.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

As does my mother back in NZ. Organic is cheaper and easier and the animals do better because they don't get sick as often.

There are a lot of farmers who use organic practises on their animals but are not registered as such because they will still use conventional fertilisers and weedkillers.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt
A picture of the scene when local police arrived Dodge County Sheriff's Department

"At 8:51pm on Tuesday night, the Dodge County Sheriff's Office came across unusual items that were left in the road," it wrote. "Hundreds of thousands of Skittles were spilled on County Highway S near Blackbird Road. It is unclear who may have spilled the skittles on the road. The Dodge County Highway Department was asked to clean them off the road.

Reaction to the highway of rejected skittles, by one person who lost control when this news spread to the Nation's Capitol

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This whole story is super weird.
unless the skittles had poisons that accumulate in the tissues I wouldnt be worried. Candy is made of corn syrup, cows eat corn. meh.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: reldra

The article say it happened on a Tuesday.

Trump has not been president on a Tuesday yet so this happened under Obama's watch.

The biggest abuser of executive orders could not be bothered with it, so it is apparently no big deal,

Nice try though.

Hey now, what does Woodrow Wilson have to do with this? Oh wait, he's #2. FDR was #1. Unless you're talking about the biggest abuser of EO's who was in office when the box fell apart? That would be Obama, who wrote the 3rd most EOs of any president currently alive.

C'mon people, if we're going to politicize threads, at least do so with some accuracy, not this nonsense people have been so easily duped with, pretending Obama wrote the most EOs ever. At least make derailing attemps a matter of opinion, instead of just outright, obvious, easily disproven falsehoods.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Assuming they mean defective because melted down to corn syrup, which is what happens to the Skittles, isn't the best for the cattle's diet As well as that Skittles, without the S stamp maybe they were not completed for sale, may have been anything from contaminated(listeria, etc), to recalled(as the OP mentions about food coloring).

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: reldra

The article say it happened on a Tuesday.

Trump has not been president on a Tuesday yet so this happened under Obama's watch.

The biggest abuser of executive orders could not be bothered with it, so it is apparently no big deal,

Nice try though.

Hey now, what does Woodrow Wilson have to do with this? Oh wait, he's #2. FDR was #1. Unless you're talking about the biggest abuser of EO's who was in office when the box fell apart? That would be Obama, who wrote the 3rd most EOs of any president currently alive.

C'mon people, if we're going to politicize threads, at least do so with some accuracy, not this nonsense people have been so easily duped with, pretending Obama wrote the most EOs ever. At least make derailing attemps a matter of opinion, instead of just outright, obvious, easily disproven falsehoods.

First of all, I did not politicize this thread. Rediarrhea did.

Secondly, I never claimed Obummer was the largest issuer of executive orders. I clearly stated he was the biggest ABUSER.

IF YOU YOU ARE GOING TO TURN THREADS INTO PATHETIC ATTEMPTS AT PERSONAL ATTACKS, PLEASE GETYOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join