It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an unbias view

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Being from Canada I was never really into politics, never leaned a certain way, never really cared to be honest. Being an avid lurker here for well over a decade I've never felt compelled enough to sign up let alone start a thread.

But here I am, after being merely a spectator for so long watching the back and forth between the left and right and everything in between. The only thing I know for certain is there is a definite divide and either side only grows more stubborn the further they are.

Both sides are hyprocrits, both sides are biased and both sides have clearly made up their minds regardless of what is in front of their face. This is fact.

Having said that, coming into this with a completely unbias view I noticed the more I looked into this, the more my common sense pushed me towards the right. Now what that entails I couldnt even tell you but what I do know is that the democratic party and the elitist left conglomerate (news,media,entertainment,etc) has made it very easy to lean the other way.

While here on ATS it was the same back and forth rhetoric all day long, that when you really step back and look at it all you will see is "me me, you you, him this him that, she this she that" really its like 2 children arguing, but you get the point.

Now the point of this thread was I wanted to present a view that I haven't seen expressed yet. Trumps Legacy

A constant rhetoric expressed here from the left is he is ultimately conning us, in it for his brand, money etc etc. But I thought about it..

Does trump need money? Of course not
Does trump need to increase his brand? Nope
Does trump need more power? Don't think so

Now you could have easily answered yes to all of those but when you take his legacy into consideration its hard not to think he is actually genuine.

Here is an incredibly successful man reaching the last quarter of his life that doesnt need to do anything only to want to become president so he can con the world and become the most hated american in history? Destroying his legacy?

Sure he has an ego and is a narcissist, and that's why he cares about his legacy. He knows he has a chance to do something great and along the way become great himself. Let's be honest here, considering all the odds against him, if he really is an outsider fighting the establishment for the people and he is successful, how does he not go down as the greatest president in history? Imagine what this does for his legacy? And you better believe he cares about his legacy..

Now I'm aware this is the mud-pit..
So I brought a bucket in my left hand and a handful of mud in my right. *hides behind bush*
edit on 23-1-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986
Considering Trump's motivation, I think we should recognise that this whole project is probably the biggest fun he's ever had in his life.
Being able to annoy people every time he tweets is an important part of the fun.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I dont think his intentions are to annoy anyone but rather reaching the people instantly unfiltered while slapping the media at the same time. But I'm sure he's having fun doing it lol

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Interesting.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: sweetypie215

Food for thought

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So you don't really know what it is you're talking about, don't really follow the issues at all but decided you lean to the right. You are in good company.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If you're using common sense to lean towards the right then your biases are right leaning.

Does trump want money? History has indicated yes.
Does trump want to increase his brand? That would help him get money so yes.
Does trump want more power? I couldn't see him wanting less.

I'm pro-Trump, but i'm biased too.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

I'm not sure how you came up with those assumptions but sure. Since you can't dispute my view you did exactly what I expected

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Actually leaning to a side without common sense is being bias, I clearly stated my views as to why I'm pro trump

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

You said it yourself? It's right there in the OP for everyone to see, maybe you should go back and read what you wrote. Then of course there is the whole thing about not being able to verify Trumps wealth because he refuses to release his tax information, which your first point of "reason" depends on. For all you or I know Trump could owe half a billion dollars to Russian creditors.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

Where in the op do I state that I don't know what I'm talking about or am unaware of the issues?

And your point about Trump owing money is irellevant, I expressed my view as an opinion not as a fact. He could very well owe money and be conning everyone, that was the whole point of this thread. To express an unbias view.

Your assumption that he can owe money is no different to mine saying the opposite

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Actually leaning to a side without common sense is being bias, I clearly stated my views as to why I'm pro trump

Isn't common sense just nurtured bias?
It's not universal.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Well if you look at it that way then everyone is bias, and common sense shouldn't exist

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Everyone IS bias.
Common sense is just a representation of your cultural bias.

Spartan's thought throwing the weak babies into the well was common sense.
(Assuming "300" was historically accurate)
edit on 23-1-2017 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I see what you're saying but at the same time I don't. Theoretically that means your view of everything being cultural bias is, exactly that.. Your own cultural bias. See where I'm going with this? Anyways this is so irellevent to anything right now, but thanks for the insight

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
i think the argument that trump was doing this for himself is one of the sillier ones ive heard. and even if it were true then the only way he has anything to gain is if he does a really really good job. its a weird argument because it starts as a criticism but any line of logic will lead you to him being the best choice hands down. ive explained this to a few people when they presented me with the argument and their sudden look of confusion was ohh so sweet to witness.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Yes, no one can be without bias. And my bias guides my thoughts on biases.

You make interesting points but claiming to come from a side without bias seems to undermine those points.
Anyway, it's just nitpicking based solely on my biases.

But back to the topic, It's possible that Trump is just as money and power hungry as he has always been. I don't think that's the case but we need to wait and see.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Sure he could still possibly be power and money hungry. That all points to his narssism and his narsissm cares more about his legacy then dying a rich hated man.. If he was 45 and running then sure, but hes 70..But that's just my 'biased' opinion. Only time will tell

new topics

top topics

join