It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Absolve Me of Ignorance-Planned Parentood

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Valid point. Military spending already was through the roof whereas Title X is likely much smaller. If there is to be a campaign against ISIS, then it surely is needed but that is another discussion.

Under a microscope PP is not something to be greatly concerned with but in the grand scope, it's part of the whole to lower government spending...IMO of course.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: edsinger

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: edsinger

Life News? Really?

So the quote is false?

It matters not from whence it comes....it matter if truth.....(which it is by the way)

If a quote is taken out of context it is no longer a quote.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Valid point. Military spending already was through the roof whereas Title X is likely much smaller. If there is to be a campaign against ISIS, then it surely is needed but that is another discussion.

Under a microscope PP is not something to be greatly concerned with but in the grand scope, it's part of the whole to lower government spending...IMO of course.

The war paints the Repubs in a bad light, 44 years after R v W, this is not a fight that should be fought. It paints repubs in bad light. I am not pro abortion, I am pro choice, I agree with limits, just not some that repubs are trying to enforce.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

A person can be pro-choice and still be opposed to our taxpayer money continuing to support PP.

Abortion is always going to be an controversial issue. That will never go away.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I did, I looked up my counties health clinic site...
yes, they provide std testing... ONE DAY A WEEK, and it states on their site.. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE... meaning hey get there early or you probably will have to come back! and it does not provide all the services that planned parenthood does!

and by the way, there are other healthcare providers that take advantage of donations but still get reimbursements from medicaid and other gov't programs...
I went close to a year after my husband passed away without any income whatsoever. I survived by selling everything I owned of any value and enlisting the help of my children while I tried to get on disability... during that time, I looked around my area for a free health clinic hoping that maybe I could get a doctor just to give me a check up and hopefully validate that I couldn't work. well, there was one for the underpaid workers, there was one for the refugees... there just wasn't anything for newly sick widows left with close to nothing in resources though.. so social security had to send me to their doctor... who checked me out and advised me to see my doctor asap!! I am now receiving widow's benefits, because I am disable. still no insurance, last time I check, didn't sound like I qualified for medicaid... so that asap still hasn't happened as far as I am concerned. hopefully that doctor was just concerned with my blood pressure being in the danger zone, of which, well, I wouldn't be able to pay for the medication anyways.
our healthcare system is crap in this country, and it wasn't obamacare that broke it, it was broken long before that. and, more and more doctors don't even want to take on medicaid patients. and what we do have to help those in this country that have been left out of the healthcare loop isn't sufficient as it is... it's insane to take out something as big as planned parenthood!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I see the inverse, I'm all for choice. I'm also for privacy. Federal funds should not be allocated to something so controversial.

I know the argument can be had that tax dollars do not fund abortion. They sure do enable it however.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

While I emphasize with your position, you certainly highlight the point of equality. If someone like can fall through the cracks then the system, whether it is PP or government clinics is failing/failed.

I highly doubt that your SSI and/or widow benefits would cover the cost of a marketplace healthplan.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

A person can be pro-choice and still be opposed to our taxpayer money continuing to support PP.

Federal funds cannot be used to pay for abortion. PP performs many more services than abortion, what part of that do you not realize?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Federal funds cannot be used to pay for abortion. PP performs many more services than abortion, what part of that do you not realize?

Of course they do, they sell baby parts to the highest bidder.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Well I have a suggestion in 99% of the cases.....keep the legs closed.

and yet, if those women who were marching were chanting something like:

Don't want no baby??
Just say NO!!
Planned Parenthood defunded??
Just say NO!!
Abortion Banned??
Just say NO!!
NO.... NO.... NO, NO, NO
TO SEX!!

Husband griping??
Tough sh..t!!
Class size shrinking??
Tough sh...t!
Workforce lacking??
Tough Sh..t!
Military hampered??
Tough Sh..t!!
Don't want a baby??
Just say NO!!

people would be freaking out!!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

a reply to: dawnstar

While I emphasize with your position, you certainly highlight the point of equality. If someone like can fall through the cracks then the system, whether it is PP or government clinics is failing/failed.

I highly doubt that your SSI and/or widow benefits would cover the cost of a marketplace healthplan.

Jim, I honestly think you do not understand. I am covered under VA, my 54 YO wife has no insurance, because at out income level, even through the ACA is 15% of our income. It is people like I and dawnster that fall through the cracks, and you and yours don't give a crap. Oh if they get sick, they can die, and we won't have to support them.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Of course they do, they sell baby parts to the highest bidder.

So you bought into that debunked BS as well, I really hope you find an honest source for news soon.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Jim, I honestly think you do not understand.

Exactly why I made a thread!

Under the ACA you both still fall through the cracks so why on earth are you supporting it (provided you do). Saying that I don't give a crap is dishonest, because I infact do. I also struggle. I'll share my side.

We had a baby a year ago. He was born under her insurance and then covered under mine. Her deductible is 4000 and mine is 6000. Guess how much insurance actually helped? They actually covered about 2000 of it all together. I'm looking at a 3400 bill and she is looking at the full 4000.

All while our premiums doubled, (mine about 60%) and our deductible went WAAAAY up and none of the visits were covered.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

So you bought into that debunked BS as well, I really hope you find an honest source for news soon.

They had her on film talking about it...oh wait that was faked....right

And as a Veteran I find it repulsive you have run into these types of issues. We should be taking care of the Veterans.

Maybe Trump can fix that. It is shameful the way this country treats them. Good thing the Kenyan was a peaceful president.

Look at it this way, if you were a non-white, homosexual, disabled, non citizen woman you would get free healthcare.

edit on 23-1-2017 by edsinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

What part of redundant do you not realize?

Granted, I'm sure the head of the Health Dept. in your county does not make $600,000 per year like the PP head does, but they offer the same services. Every county has a Health and Human Services department that provide services the same as PP, except abortion. And, since PP is a private non-profit, let them raise funds privately to provide all the baby killings they want.

edit on 23-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: JinMI

Exactly. It was eugenics.

Planned Parenthood was originally formed to purge the world of poor, minorities, mentally disabled, and anyone else that "thoroughbreds" consider as undesirables.

It's just like the Nazi concentration camp furnaces, but starting before the person has a chance to be born.

Well it doesn't work so pull the funding.

LOLOLOLOL!! I make american nazi reverse joke!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Look at it this way, if you were a non-white, homosexual, disabled, non citizen woman you would get free healthcare.

well, I'm a disabled widow, nearing retirement age and I don't get free healthcare.. crap, the only thing I was eligible for was a little bit of food stamps and a little bit of help with the cost of electricity during the really hot or cold months...
now, if you have little ones, that's a different story!!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

well, I'm a disabled widow, nearing retirement age and I don't get free healthcare.. crap, the only thing I was eligible for was a little bit of food stamps and a little bit of help with the cost of electricity during the really hot or cold months...

It is just wrong, I know my family that are veterans do not get much but they do get VA benefits. It is shameful to us, no western country treats their veterans this bad. Trump says he will fix it, and I hope he does. The Kenyan hated the military and the feeling was mutual for most.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Jim, I honestly think you do not understand.

Exactly why I made a thread!

Under the ACA you both still fall through the cracks so why on earth are you supporting it (provided you do). Saying that I don't give a crap is dishonest, because I infact do. I also struggle. I'll share my side.

We had a baby a year ago. He was born under her insurance and then covered under mine. Her deductible is 4000 and mine is 6000. Guess how much insurance actually helped? They actually covered about 2000 of it all together. I'm looking at a 3400 bill and she is looking at the full 4000.

All while our premiums doubled, (mine about 60%) and our deductible went WAAAAY up and none of the visits were covered.

The profit must be taken out of the healthcare system. We need single payer, and the profit must be taken out.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

It is just wrong, I know my family that are veterans do not get much but they do get VA benefits. It is shameful to us, no western country treats their veterans this bad. Trump says he will fix it, and I hope he does. The Kenyan hated the military and the feeling was mutual for most.

You are preaching right wing points, I receive my healthcare under the VA, and here in KC they are F'n awesome.

The Kenyan, I should of realized that you were one of those, that crap was debunked so long ago.
edit on 1/23/2017 by BubbaJoe because: I needed to

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join