It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Absolve Me of Ignorance-Planned Parentood

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: queenofswords
Basically, it is a "non-profit" tax exempt corporation that brings in $1.3 billion dollars per year, including about $530 billion in taxpayer reimbursements.

It's president and CEO, Cecile Richards earned almost $600,000 last year.

I guess the silver lining is how low that salary is compared to other government propped up businesses.

530b is a large taxpayer burden. I'll see if I can dig up a source.

ETA: www.npr.org...

$530M not B

Oops...thanks...correction made.
edit on 23-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

What is found there that is not found at state/county health departments and OBGYN's? Or even your personal MD?

Most women who use Planned Parenthood don't have a personal MD or an OBGYN. Or, their insurance wont cover birth control and so they are diverted to Planned Parenthood, through Title X, to meet their needs.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

What is found there that is not found at state/county health departments and OBGYN's? Or even your personal MD?

Most women who use Planned Parenthood don't have a personal MD or an OBGYN. Or, their insurance wont cover birth control and so they are diverted to Planned Parenthood, through Title X, to meet their needs.

Correct, Title X is a grant provided by the federal govt. for those folks that need it. They are also already provided through the health department. So why is PP also needed? Thus my OP.
edit on 23-1-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Where there's a demand, there will be a supply. You don't think that there was been a demand for the PP clinics that have been shuttered by the religious right over defunding and needless regulatory requirements? I assure you that those voids have not been filled, especially in rural areas.

edit on 23-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

My ignorance is this. I'm not well versed on the intricacies of PP. I know they provide health services to the poor especially women in regards to sexual health and welfare. I "think" they provide abortion services.

First some of them (sites) do provide the legal murder service.

If you really want to learn, look at their founder Margret Sanger. She wanted to do away with black people, stated in her book multiple times. Hard to believe but she has killed at least 20 million in 40 odd years.....through her creation.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Most of your quotes are "fake news", made up lies that Margaret Sanger never said.

Also, Sanger never advocated for abortion. She fought the good fight for women's right to birth control. Thank you Ms. Sanger!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Trying my best to keep my morals and ethics out of the discussion (if possible). I see PP as a redundancy of government spending. If PP is as great as it is touted then it should have no trouble achieving its financial goal via donations or selling its services to those that need them.

Does title X provide the same means within a private OBGYN/MD?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

My ignorance is this. I'm not well versed on the intricacies of PP. I know they provide health services to the poor especially women in regards to sexual health and welfare. I "think" they provide abortion services.

My question is this. What is found there that is not found at state/county health departments and OBGYN's? Or even your personal MD?

ETA: Link to PP services. www.plannedparenthood.org...

As you mentioned in another thread, we try to achieve the same thing through different means. PP provides a boatload of services to women in poor communities, federal law prevents federal money being used for abortion. This is a straight up attack by republicans to prevent poor women receiving any sort of health care, family planning, etc.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Every county in the USA has a local health department. They do just about the same thing as PP, except I don't think they abort babies or sell fetal material.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: BlueAjah

Most of your quotes are "fake news", made up lies that Margaret Sanger never said.

Also, Sanger never advocated for abortion. She fought the good fight for women's right to birth control. Thank you Ms. Sanger!

Are you serious? I know someone who paid for an original copy of her book. Quite expensive actually....

Here is just one quote

On blacks, immigrants and indigents:
"...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people

Sanger - In Her Own Words

Wow....

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Every county in the USA has a local health department. They do just about the same thing as PP, except I don't think they abort babies or sell fetal material.

Still believing the crap that PP sold fetal material, shame on you.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Yep. I do.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: edsinger

Lies!

Sanger "was far ahead of her times in terms of opposing racial segregation," wrote Baker, a history professor at Goucher College, in an email. She worked closely with black leaders to open birth control clinics in Harlem and elsewhere."

Even authors who treat Sanger critically don’t believe she held negative views about African-Americans. Edwin Black wrote a comprehensive history of the eugenics movement, War Against the Weak, and is no fan of the activist’s beliefs. Ultimately, though, he writes, "Sanger was no racist. Nor was she anti-Semitic."

Those who point a finger at Sanger as a racist often cite a particular statement in claiming she harbored ill will toward black people. In a Dec. 10, 1939, letter, she wrote that "We don’t want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs."

"Sanger’s correspondence shows this sentence advocates for black doctors and ministers to play leadership roles in the Negro Project to avoid misunderstandings. Lynchings and Jim Crow laws gave blacks good reason to be wary of attempts to limit the number of children they bore. In Harlem, she hired a black doctor and social worker to quell those fears,"
www.politifact.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

a reply to: BubbaJoe

Yep. I do.

They were caught doing it....so me too.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Why don't you read her books and papers and prove the quotes fake?
Her views are well known and published.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Here is another one...

"The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it."

Yup, she sure loved her fellow humans.

What a role model.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

My question is this. What is found there that is not found at state/county health departments and OBGYN's? Or even your personal MD?

ETA: Link to PP services. www.plannedparenthood.org...

As you mentioned in another thread, we try to achieve the same thing through different means. PP provides a boatload of services to women in poor communities, federal law prevents federal money being used for abortion. This is a straight up attack by republicans to prevent poor women receiving any sort of health care, family planning, etc.

Agreed that PP does provide services to women and men, especially to the poor. As has been mentioned in this thread, they would fall under Title X which is used in already established public health offices. Perhaps in private as well, in speculation as I haven't been able to hammer down any actual facts.

I don't agree that republicans are trying to prevent poor people from having healthcare. I do believe that allocating redundant funds is what is taking place.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: edsinger

On blacks, immigrants and indigents: "...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people

I don't believe that she was talking about only "blacks immigrants and indigents", but that she was talking about any woman who finds themselves in a hard position.

Here's what she said in 1957,

For Sanger, her ideas were a matter a public health. As late as 1957, she put her views this way in an interview with Mike Wallace: "I think the greatest sin in the world is bringing children into the world -- that have disease from their parents, that have no chance in the world to be a human being practically. Delinquents, prisoners, all sorts of things just marked when they're born. That to me is the greatest sin -- that people can -- can commit."
www.politifact.com...

I feel the same way, and that's why I support birth control. What wrong with that?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Gender "liberation" coaching, help and support for your "termination" ect.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMII don't agree that republicans are trying to prevent poor people from having healthcare.

That is not the goal.

The goal is to stop the practice of sacrificing children to Moloch.

We have killed over 30 million babies since 1973. That is way more the Hitler.

Striking huh?

Poor people need medical care as well as anyone else but have you ever wonder why the vast majority of abortions are poor people?

Read Sanger...

Agenda 21 also if you so desire.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join