It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump reinstates ban on US funds promoting abortion overseas

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Ohanka
Good. Seems like a waste of cash to me. What a strange thing for America to have funded.

Heaven forbid we have a healthy world, healthy moms, healthy living children, but fewer of them.

America first, Annee... Then maybe we can start babysitting everyone else again.

ME ME ME ME ME ME

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Ohanka
Good. Seems like a waste of cash to me. What a strange thing for America to have funded.

Heaven forbid we have a healthy world, healthy moms, healthy living children, but fewer of them.

America first, Annee... Then maybe we can start babysitting everyone else again.

ME ME ME ME ME ME

What about using the money to solve problems at home?
Would seem to be more sensible and does not have to be about ME ME ME.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

A strong and financially sound US makes for a strong and safe world.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Seriously people. Let's cut off 99% of overseas funding until we have our own budget in order.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Trump signed a bill stopping funding. Now we don't have to worry about limited tax dollars going to unlimited abortions.

GO TRUMP GO

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Does that include all our military bases all over the world?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Do you know what funding he stopped? Hint, it wasn't "unlimited abortions". If so, why did you think it was "strange" that the US funded years earlier?

edit on 24-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

According to the story he stopped funding to perform abortions.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Well, that's not what the article says, and that's not true. 6 pages in, and you don't know what you're celebrating or why.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I don't write the stuff, just do threads on them. It clearly reports performing abortions.

You can now shed a tear because your pro abortion stance lost some free $$$$.

President Trump on Monday reignited the war over abortion by signing an executive order blocking foreign aid or federal funding for international nongovernmental organizations that provide or "promote" abortions. The so-called Mexico City policy, established by Republican President Ronald Reagan in 1984, blocks federal funding for international family planning charities that provide abortions or "promote" the procedure by providing patients with information about it, including by offering referrals to abortion providers.

edit on 24-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Look, this is a "Gag order" not a ban, because the ban has already been in place for decades.

It's like if the US government gave grants for grocery stores in poor countries to get carrots, but stores that also carry turnips don't qualify anymore.

Now, turnips aren't illegal in the US nor in the country that wants grants for carrots, and in fact are a legally protected crop in both countries. They're commonly used worldwide and in local home remedies. But now, stores that want the grant money for carrots must never ever mention turnips, and even if customers ask where they can get a turnip, they aren't allowed to say. They can't even sell recipe books that have recipes for turnips!

Women will still find a way to get the turnip they need for their recipe, but it may covered in salmonella.

Now switch the word carrots for women's health and reproductive care and the word turnips with abortion.

Get it?

edit on 24-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rookseven

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I dont think we should pay for abortions for non-citizens. We arent the parent or god parents to the world, or even the world police. This can be easily paid for privately with organizations via bleeding heart donaters.
Really? We're not the world's police? Then I say we bring ALL our troops back from EVERY country we're currently in, including f-ing Germany which we never left!! We most definitely are the world's police.

We may be trying to play that role but no we aren't and no one wants us to be, so yes; pull out of all countries that have bitched about us being there and let them have their dark corner of the map.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join