It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump reinstates ban on US funds promoting abortion overseas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

No it is taking the $$$ away, the right still exists.

That's exactly what this did, take away funding from clinics that refer or provide legal abortion services, that are not being paid for with US tax dollars.

If you can't see the wrong in the pro abortion stance, that is fine. There are plenty who do.

Again, abortion is considered a Human Right by the United Nations. And, I don't have a "pro-abortion" stance, I have a pro-choice stance. I don't condone forced abortions.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Seems like you have a pro abortion stance.

And the UN is the end all to you?

China and Saudi Arabia sits on the human rights counsel in the UN, is that super duper?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I would support pulling medical aid. We have a huge fiscal problem and the adults need to solve it.

Obama got a free ride with mom and dad's credit card for 8 years. The bought and paid for media ignored it, and now that the kiddies are out of the WH, Mr Trump will take care of the liberal mess.

How many American business profit from child slave labor from India and Bangladesh? Do you think maybe we could provide them some medical care?

When we stop bombing countries back to the stone age, creating refugee camps, and stop exploiting 3rd world countries for their resourses and cheap labor, I might get on board too.
edit on 23-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

They can get their own medical.

But I agree, and this is a first, with everything you wrote.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

And the UN is the end all to you?

No, the USA is. In the USA, abortion is constitutionally protected. So is free speech. Doctors are free to give the best advice and referrals to the most appropriate facilities for the treatment and procedure they deem in the bet interest of their patients, in America.

The UN agrees with the US Constitution, and agrees that a woman's autonomy and reproductive choices are Human Rights.

Trump just made the US look backward, petty, superstitious and hypocritical on the world stage, even to Saudi Arabia and China!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

How can a 13 year old girl chained to a sewing machine for 12 hours a day in Bangladesh, get her own medical?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

If the other things in your post were to come true, then there would be no 13 year old chained to a sewing machine.

The left and right have been able to exploit these labor pools because of the media not doing their jobs, and politicians on constant campaign donation mode.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Drat, our tax dollars are not going to be sent overseas to promote, and provide abortions? Call me crazy but Trump nailed this one.

I can't give Trump credit for this since every Republican bans it and every democrat reinstates it. They play tennis with it.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

So I take you are for forced extermination of the poor and oppressed

NO, I am for keeping even more people from being subjected to suffering and death, which is what you have in much of the third world today due to overpopulation.

And also keeping our country from completely becoming a third-world hellhole.

If Trump really wants to help the third world he can stop bombing and invading them.

You do realize in many third world countries girls are aborted because they want males to carry on there lineage. So basically what spending money on third world countries to get abortions doesn't change there standard of living. If they can afford one child your just making sure its a male. Look at Chinas one child policy girls get aborted so they wont have to pa extra taxes

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I also would connect them up with a variety of charities that can assist and counsel her on how to rise above this current challenge

You obviously have never been to a poor country. For many of those people there is no chance whatsoever to improve their lives except to stop having babies. Seriously, how does a woman, with no money and almost no legal rights, that has to walk three miles for water and has to burn cow poop to cook feed have the opportunity to "rise above?"

That is pure lunacy.

Use a condom?

FFS there are cheaper healthier borth control options than abortion.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Great, now we will have even more poor people in the world, which probably cause more starvation, war and terrorism, not to mention wiping out even more animal species and exacerbating climate change.

Hell Yes!!! Kill em all, Let GOD sort em out!!!!

And here I thought you were a bleeding heart, I like you big guy.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Drat, our tax dollars are not going to be sent overseas to promote, and provide abortions? Call me crazy but Trump nailed this one.

I can't give Trump credit for this since every Republican bans it and every democrat reinstates it. They play tennis with it.

exactly, but if you are using this to bash Trump, it's cool to not bother using that tidbit of info, so there is that.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Well if he didn't would you be up in arms?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Sad but true. I remember seeing a documentary and the new born girls were taken to the village outskirts, I believe it is China, the same China with most favored nation status and the same China that sits on the human rights counsel in the UN, and would leave the new born girls to nature......

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

exactly, but if you are using this to bash Trump, it's cool to not bother using that tidbit of info, so there is that.

Very true, even though this has been going on for like 40 years.... Hell people where bashing him about not using Saturday as his first day in office instead of Monday...really?

Before Trump it has always been "First 100 Days", so I guess in his case it is "First 24 hours"...lol
edit on 24-1-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Well if he didn't would you be up in arms?

Nope, don't really care other than whether it is a waste of tax dollars or not. The question to ask is whether there is a benefit to America if it was in place. I'm assuming there is very little benefit, and it is used by the Democrats to placate their right to choose constituents.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Sad but true. I remember seeing a documentary and the new born girls were taken to the village outskirts, I believe it is China, the same China with most favored nation status and the same China that sits on the human rights counsel in the UN, and would leave the new born girls to nature......

The country where about a billion live on 30 bucks a month? There is so much wrong with that country...look up gutter oil sometime as a tip of an iceberg in what they do wrong.

The big problem there has been the one child rule and so couples always want their one child to be a boy to carry the family name forward. Because of this there are massive female abortions and those that can not afford one have other heinous ways to eliminate them.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I dont think we should pay for abortions for non-citizens. We arent the parent or god parents to the world, or even the world police. This can be easily paid for privately with organizations via bleeding heart donaters.
Really? We're not the world's police? Then I say we bring ALL our troops back from EVERY country we're currently in, including f-ing Germany which we never left!! We most definitely are the world's police.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The big problem there has been the one child rule and so couples always want their one child to be a boy to carry the family name forward. Because of this there are massive female abortions and those that can not afford one have other heinous ways to eliminate them.

They're having an even bigger problem now as many young Chinese women are choosing career over marriage. And in China if you split up, the man's family gets the kids. And they do not have to let the mom see them.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Good. Seems like a waste of cash to me. What a strange thing for America to have funded.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join