It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump reinstates ban on US funds promoting abortion overseas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I also would connect them up with a variety of charities that can assist and counsel her on how to rise above this current challenge

You obviously have never been to a poor country. For many of those people there is no chance whatsoever to improve their lives except to stop having babies. Seriously, how does a woman, with no money and almost no legal rights, that has to walk three miles for water and has to burn cow poop to cook feed have the opportunity to "rise above?"

That is pure lunacy.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

With two lovely daughters, I'm surprised that former President Obama was/is for murdering defenseless little babies.

The US Tax Dollar has never paid for abortion on demand. This repeal stops funding to clinics that refer or perform abortions on demand. This bill will continue to use US tax dollars to pay for abortion of rape and incest victims as well as women whose health is at risk. You can count of rape stats to go up!

edit on 23-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

No Obama didn't want them "punished" with a baby.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Tardacus

If their own countries could provide for their people, we wouldn't be there.

How does that make it our responsibility to borrow money from the Chinese to give to them?
why don`t they borrow the money from the Chinese?

we can`t afford to take care of the whole world. should we keep borrowing and giving the money away until we go bankrupt?
how is us going bankrupt going to help those people, who will they get money from then?
edit on 23-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

With two lovely daughters, I'm surprised that former President Obama was/is for murdering defenseless little babies.

The US Tax Dollar has never paid for abortion on demand. This repeal stops funding to clinics that refer or perform abortions on demand. This bill will continue to use US tax dollars to pay for abortion of rape and incest victims as well as women whose health is at risk. You can count of rape stats to go up!

Thanks for that quick education. At least the Repeal is a step in the right direction. Additional babies will grow into adults while enjoying life, as a result.

Thanks for that education lesson. The repeal will still allow additional babies to enjoy a life they'd never have without the repeal. It's a start.
edit on 1/23/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Very good point, there has been ZERO belt tightening in the wide world of government spending. I know running a govt is very expensive. But free abortions for the world seems bad, even with no debt.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

SO free US taxpayer funded abortions are the answer?
edit on 23-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

So, it's just about money, not right wing morality? Then why not pull completely out, instead of just clinics that refer abortions?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I think we should cut all foreign funds. Wheres is the Israel cut? They can fund themselves.
edit on 23-1-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

This isn't just right wing morality. From many peoples perspective the pro abortion side of the equation is simply wrong.

The argument that the "fetus" is a blob is not true, to the anti abortion crowd.

Paying for it is with tax $$ is a no no to everyone but the pro abortionists.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This isn't just right wing morality. From many peoples perspective the pro abortion side of the equation is simply wrong.

Those people don't have to get abortions!

I don't care if you call it right wing morality, which it is, or not. Calling abortion "wrong" is a personal moral choice. Putting financial sanctions on clinics that refer women to legal abortion clinics or perform legal abortions on site, is taking a woman's right to make their own moral choice and imposing one's own morality on them.

Paying for it is with tax $$ is a no no to everyone but the pro abortionists.

US Tax dollars were NEVER used to pay for abortions on demand! This is a "Gag Order", forbidding clinics to refer women to abortion clinics, should they ask. It strips funds from clinics that do provide legal abortions, even though they're not paid for by US Tax dollars!

edit on 23-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

20 trillion in debt, we can`t afford to take care of the whole world,how hard is that to understand?

20 trillion in debt, we no longer have the luxury of trying to solve the worlds problems

They need to start learning how to take care of themselves because sugar daddy uncle sam isn`t going to be around forever. if they don`t start learning now they won`t have made any progress when the money spigot runs dry, and all the money they have been given will have been in vein.

maybe you`re one of those people who thinks the good times will never end, there will always be an unlimited supply of credit and money?

edit on 23-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

No it is taking the $$$ away, the right still exists.

If you can't see the wrong in the pro abortion stance, that is fine. There are plenty who do.

And of course if there is a threat to the moms life, that is a no brainer.
edit on 23-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

We are talking about taking US taxpayer dollars, and giving it to foreign organizations abroad who promote abortions. This should be funded privately by people who believe in this issue, like you. You shouldn't be sticking your hands into my wallet and making me pay for it.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

I also would connect them up with a variety of charities that can assist and counsel her on how to rise above this current challenge

You obviously have never been to a poor country. For many of those people there is no chance whatsoever to improve their lives except to stop having babies. Seriously, how does a woman, with no money and almost no legal rights, that has to walk three miles for water and has to burn cow poop to cook feed have the opportunity to "rise above?"

That is pure lunacy.

Rise above? I think there are more valid areas of concern in empowering all individuals in that culture's community to rise above...before you let them abort themselves individually out of existence!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

and that's why people can't escape because giving free aid only keeps them dependent and controlled like animals with no escape, foreign aid is just a collar to enslave people and extend their misery and hopelessness so poor nations stay poor.

besides if you want to pay then pay through the UN and private charity, why burden everyone with it against their will just to satisfy some egos and make some people feel good, if you want to keep your slaves then pay for it yourself.
we can't all be saints and to be honest most people probably don't or can't afford to care about strangers, the rest are either rich or just all talk in the end.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

It's usually the freedoms being taken away from the crappy form of govt. Africa is hugely natural resource rich, but very poor. It's the govt.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

So it is just all about money to you. Morality doesn't have anything to do with it? You advocate for pulling all foreign medical aid?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

We are talking about taking US taxpayer dollars, and giving it to foreign organizations abroad who promote abortions.

You have a problem with foreign women needing medical abortions? Abortions are legal in the US and protected by the constitution. Abortions are considered a "Human Right" by the United Nations.

This should be funded privately by people who believe in this issue, like you.

They always have been. Your tax dollars don't pay for foreign abortions on demand. They do pay for abortions due to rape, incest and the woman's health.

I don't like that my tax dollars go to bombs and corporate welfare.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I would support pulling medical aid. We have a huge fiscal problem and the adults need to solve it.

Obama got a free ride with mom and dad's credit card for 8 years. The bought and paid for media ignored it, and now that the kiddies are out of the WH, Mr Trump will take care of the liberal mess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join