It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump reinstates ban on US funds promoting abortion overseas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

So I take you are for forced extermination of the poor and oppressed

NO, I am for keeping even more people from being subjected to suffering and death, which is what you have in much of the third world today due to overpopulation.

And also keeping our country from completely becoming a third-world hellhole.

I am confused. I would think educating and empowering men/women would be more effective than just kicking the can down the road! Easy solutions have never provided the challenge to individuals to learn from their mistakes. Sure it can suck being poor. I lived out of the back of a pickup when my first child was born. When number two came along, we upgraded to a $500 travel trailer that had no toilet or running water. I look back now, and no matter how good I have it now...I know I would not be as successful and empowered if I did not face any real challenges in life.
for those in 3 rd worlds, they need empowering on how to do for themselves and survive without simply expecting someone to come through and take over their own responsibilities as human beings. Teach them to expand and be responsible. Helping hand Assistance should be limited to extreme disasters and not become the only resource for their survival.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Great, now we will have even more poor people in the world, which probably cause more starvation, war and terrorism, not to mention wiping out even more animal species and exacerbating climate change.

So I take you are for forced extermination of the poor and oppressed. Simply, because abortion often is not a choice that they want, but are forced due to current circumstance. Wouldn't be better to assist them in finding a more successful path in life rather than tell them the only way they can be empowered his to kill their children?

Would you be comfortable telling that to a 10 weeks pregnant Syrian refugee women with 4 kids and no husband in sight?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: CynConcepts

First of all, it's abhorrent for a bunch of self righteous male politicians, pandering to the religious right, to assume the right censor a doctor's, or other health professional's, speech and disallow them from providing their patient with the best medical advise and services available to them.

Secondly, abortion is considered a human right by the United Nations, and it may not be so easy to just change a clinic's missions statement, when it comes to reproductive rights, to accommodate one type of funding over another.

United Nations Committee Affirms Abortion as a Human Right

www.un.org...

The UN? Excuse me and correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Saudi Arabia put in charge of human rights at the UN?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Great, now we will have even more poor people in the world, which probably cause more starvation, war and terrorism, not to mention wiping out even more animal species and exacerbating climate change.

So I take you are for forced extermination of the poor and oppressed. Simply, because abortion often is not a choice that they want, but are forced due to current circumstance. Wouldn't be better to assist them in finding a more successful path in life rather than tell them the only way they can be empowered his to kill their children?

Would you be comfortable telling that to a 10 weeks pregnant Syrian refugee women with 4 kids and no husband in sight?

Yes, I would. I also would connect them up with a variety of charities that can assist and counsel her on how to rise above this current challenge.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The UN? Excuse me and correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Saudi Arabia put in charge of human rights at the UN?

I don't know, are they? Do you have a link.

Abortion is legal in Saudi Arabia, under Islamic Law;

Before the soul enters the foetus,
The basic rule is that abortion is not permitted even at this stage, except under two conditions:
·         When there is a possibility of harm to the mother and the doctors consider the harm to be great (to the mother).
·         If the foetus is illegitimate and its presence will be a source great difficulty in the society, due to which there will be spoiling of society.

2.       After the soul has entered the foetus – Ayatullah Sistani says the soul enters the foetus after the completion of the third lunar month.
There are specified fiscal penalties (diyyat) to be paid for killing or aborting a fetus. This has to be paid even if the abortion is permitted as above, under Islamic law. The amount is as under
Diyyat for nutfa – 20 dinar   ,  Diyyat for alaqa – 40 dinar   , Diyyat for musgha – 60 dinar
Diyyat If bones of the foetus have formed – 80 dinar  Diyyat if flesh has been formed- 100 Dinar
Diyyat if soul as entered the male foetus – 1000 Dinar, female foetus – 500 Dinar
3.5g of gold = 1 dinar

www.islamic-laws.com...
edit on 23-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Yes, I would. I also would connect them up with a variety of charities that can assist and counsel her on how to rise above this current challenge.

Unfortunately, my hypothetical woman is on an refugee island in the Mediterranean

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Foreign clinics.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Go Trump go.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You can laugh at changing the circumstance after I answered, but obviously, I cannot tell that refugee personally, now that you changed the scenario. I suppose we should contact the new Obama foundation and see if they will help her since the only reason she is on that island his because of his and Clinton's agenda.
Unfortunately, my hypothetical woman is on an refugee island in the Mediterranean :roll
edit on 1 23 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

edit on 1 23 2017 by CynConcepts because: Last attempt to fix quote box

Edit add: Also, regarding Saudi Arabia. Doesn't it make you wonder why Saudi Arabia who is known for many abuses against wanting women to be empowered...approves of abortion? Isn't that a major flag to you that abortion agenda may not be what is best for women?
edit on 1 23 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

So is stoning and be heading for in the streets for adultery.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Edit add: Also, regarding Saudi Arabia. Doesn't it make you wonder why Saudi Arabia who is known for many abuses against wanting women to be empowered...approves of abortion? Isn't that a major flag to you that abortion agenda may not be what is best for women?

Nope, not at all. It's all from the Old Testament.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Stoning and beheading are not human rights, condoned by the UN.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Nope, not at all. It's all from the Old Testament.

What in the world does that have to do with abortions? Are you some kind of extremist religious nutcase? I am talking about really empowering women not trying to suppress them with religion and ideologies nor tell them they are less because they are not men! Women are strong, different than men, but they have the ability to decide the fate of mankind!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I'm not surprised that Saudi Arabia and Islamic Law allow for abortion. It comes from the Old Testament, that stuff about illegitimacy and a dead fetuses monetary worth in penalty fines, and all.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Drat, our tax dollars are not going to be sent overseas to promote, and provide abortions? Call me crazy but Trump nailed this one.

Trump reignited the war over abortion by blocking aid for orgs that provide, promote abortion.

President Trump on Monday reignited the war over abortion by signing an executive order blocking foreign aid or federal funding for international nongovernmental organizations that provide or "promote" abortions.

The so-called Mexico City policy, established by Republican President Ronald Reagan in 1984, blocks federal funding for international family planning charities that provide abortions or "promote" the procedure by providing patients with information about it, including by offering referrals to abortion providers.

Critics call it the global gag rule with the presidents playing a game of back and forth over the years. And there is going to be a demonstrations and counter demonstrations. Trump signed this on the anniversary of Roe V wade--got to love the swagger.

thehill.com...
Referred to by critics as the "global gag rule," the policy has been subjected to a game of political football over the years, with Democratic presidents rescinding the policy upon taking office, as President Obama did in 2009, and Republican presidents reinstating it.

The move comes amid a roiling public debate about women’s rights, jump-started Saturday by women’s marches held in major cities around the world.

That demonstration will be countered on Friday by the annual March for Life in Washington, D.C.

The order also comes one day after the 44th anniversary of the Roe V. Wade Supreme Court ruling that made abortion legal.

Good! That stops all aid to Israel, since Israel provides abortions to its citizens. No more American dollars for you, Netty.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I'm not surprised that Saudi Arabia and Islamic Law allow for abortion. It comes from the Old Testament, that stuff about illegitimacy and a dead fetuses monetary worth in penalty fines, and all.

Honestly, you are confusing. What I am getting from your responses is that you believe abortion is good because of your personal religious belief in the Old Testament...Correct? I had no idea that is where you are coming from. If so, I will end this debate. I am not looking to debate religion, that is a mixed bag that is too interpretive individually to push into a debate honestly.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

No. I believe that it's a woman's choice. I'm not a Christian, a Jew or a Muslim, but their doctrine of the oppression of women all comes from the Old Testament.

Our conversation began, kinda, with my talking about how the UN has declared abortion a Human Right. You brought up Saudi Arabia, and I pointed out that even Saudi Arabia allows for abortion.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

No just ignored by our leaders.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I hope the Trump team continues to look for insane ways that our tax dollars are being spent. Like you said, seasonal, this was a smart move for his first weekend as President.

With two lovely daughters, I'm surprised that former President Obama was/is for murdering defenseless little babies.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Why couldn't you say that to Obama?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join