It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bye Bye Bernie , Ecclestone "forced out" of Formula 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It's finally happened , Bernie Ecclestone has left the building .... well sort of.
Liberty Media has bought F1 lock , stock and barrel for a staggering £6.4bn , their first move was to replace Ecclestone with Ross Brawn who will be in charge of the sporting and technical side of the sport .... Bloody great news !

"I was dismissed today. This is official. I no longer run the company. My position has been taken by Chase Carey."
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Indeed and about time too

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I guess that buying the entire F1 Group is one way to change the guard! What a price!!

Anyway, F1 has been growing in popularity here in the states. Hope the new owners keep up the good work!

Never really kept up on management but I seem to recall Toto Wolff and Brawn crossed paths at Mercedes? But that was a while ago.

What has he been doing since? (And congrats on the new role!)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Love F1 and hopefully this was a good move for them in 2017.

26th march and the season begins

edit on 23-1-2017 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Ross Brawn retired from F1 after he was removed from the Mercedes team principle job , I still believe he was removed because he wasn't German , the appointments of Toto Wolff and Niki Lauda seemed to back that up.

If anyone can save F1 from the decline it has suffered in recent years I believe it is Ross Brawn , Ecclestone should be praised for all that he achieved for the sport but he failed to hear the fat lady singing.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Bernie done an awesome job to get F1 where it is today but he done a fair bit of damage to the sport in the last few years (in my eyes) and TBH i am glad he has gone.

Brawn will do a good job for my favorite sport.

Bring back the V10's or V12's

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Thanks gortex! I follow more of the tech and drivers than the management! I am sure there will be an awful lot of time spent pre-race on the coverage talking about all the hints and gossip surrounding this move and what it means. I'll be watching this season again!

Redback, here, here! Bring back the V12s!!

top topics

join